PDA

View Full Version : Online Check-In is here!

tink2020
02-25-2009, 05:32 AM
Not sure that would be my choice for the name since you aren't TOTALLY checked in, but you know what I'm sayin'.... :)

It's the same place on dvcmember.com that you enter celebration information. My Vacation Points > View Vacation Details

BWV, here we come! :cool1:

tink2020
02-25-2009, 05:43 AM
Aaaaand, now it's down! :rotfl:

I only got to check in for half of our trip! :)

LenDVC92
02-25-2009, 08:20 AM
I was able to check in online at around 8:30 EST this morning. It will be interesting to see how much time it saves when we arrive at OKW next week.

granmanh603
02-25-2009, 08:35 AM
Wow this is a swift process, I have been waiting 15 and the page still hasn't come up.:confused3

Dee77
02-25-2009, 08:35 AM
I don't see where the "enter your celebrations" link is on the member website. Is it possible that it is not available for all reservations? I am right now looking at my vacation details and there is nothing else there. Hmmm....

granmanh603
02-25-2009, 08:45 AM
I don't see where the "enter your celebrations" link is on the member website. Is it possible that it is not available for all reservations? I am right now looking at my vacation details and there is nothing else there. Hmmm....

for me there was a link right under the vacation I wanted to check in for.

tink2020
02-25-2009, 09:57 AM
Dee, that's odd. I can understand that reservations too far out, etc won't have the big button to edit/update check-in information, but the celebrations have been there for weeks..... :confused:

Dee77
02-25-2009, 12:20 PM
No link at all for celebrations and I read a few people can even see the specifics of their trip, ex- people on the reservation, dining plan added, Magical express info etc. and yet I don't see that either and I gave the names of everyone I am traveling with. Go figure!!

CarolA
02-25-2009, 12:22 PM
You expected it to work?:lmao:

Did aliens take over the IT shop? If not, why would it be expected to work? It's Disney.. I bet it looks cute!:rotfl2:

Simba's Mom
02-25-2009, 12:25 PM
Is anyone else afraid to use on-line check in? I don't trust DVC's computer system and I'm afraid that instead of checking me in, I'd show up to the resort only to be told "Sorry, but it appears that you cancelled your reservation a few days ago." "No, no-I was just doing the on-line check in."
Maybe I'm paranoid because one time we did show up to the front desk only to be told that several days of our reservation had been inexplicably cancelled and the resort was sold out for those days. Fortunately, with a lot of last-minute scrambling and calls to MS, it had a happy ending. But I am afraid of it happening again. Does anyone else not want to trust the computer system any more than necessary?

spiceycat
02-25-2009, 12:46 PM
since wdw came out yesterday - bet this one is just a copy from their system.

so it should be fine.

tink2020
02-25-2009, 12:46 PM
You expected it to work?:lmao:

Did aliens take over the IT shop? If not, why would it be expected to work? It's Disney.. I bet it looks cute!:rotfl2:

You know it! That was my conversation exactly, with my husband this morning. "I'm not surprised at all that it doesn't work... Tinkerbell just keeps flying and pretending to load the page, but nothing happens. As usual" ;)

I am happy to say that it did work just an hour or so later, so we're all checked in! Or, you know, all half-checked-in! :thumbsup2

granmanh603
02-25-2009, 01:38 PM
Is anyone else afraid to use on-line check in? I don't trust DVC's computer system and I'm afraid that instead of checking me in, I'd show up to the resort only to be told "Sorry, but it appears that you cancelled your reservation a few days ago." "No, no-I was just doing the on-line check in."
Maybe I'm paranoid because one time we did show up to the front desk only to be told that several days of our reservation had been inexplicably cancelled and the resort was sold out for those days. Fortunately, with a lot of last-minute scrambling and calls to MS, it had a happy ending. But I am afraid of it happening again. Does anyone else not want to trust the computer system any more than necessary?

Well it tookl so long to load this morning my online check in request timed out and so I think I agree with you....I'll leave well enough alone and just check in when I get there....next Tues. :goodvibes

mouse
02-25-2009, 01:52 PM
I checked in online at the DVC about 9:30 AM today. We are staying at OKW starting Sunday, March 1. It was very easy for me to do. I had no problems with the site. The only disappointment was with room requests. The only options were: FIRST FLOOR and NEAR TRANSPORTATION. When I made our reservation, I had requested a golf course view, but that did not appear as an option. Anyhow, I found it to be an easy process, and amost immediately, I received an email confirming my check-in. You also have the option to print out the check-in comfirmation page at the website. One more thing. Even though you are reminded that check-in time is after 4PM, you are asked what time you expect the first member of you party to be arriving.

RLRDA
02-25-2009, 02:12 PM
I checked in online at the DVC about 9:30 AM today. We are staying at OKW starting Sunday, March 1. It was very easy for me to do. I had no problems with the site. The only disappointment was with room requests. The only options were: FIRST FLOOR and NEAR TRANSPORTATION. When I made our reservation, I had requested a golf course view, but that did not appear as an option. Anyhow, I found it to be an easy process, and amost immediately, I received an email confirming my check-in. You also have the option to print out the check-in comfirmation page at the website. One more thing. Even though you are reminded that check-in time is after 4PM, you are asked what time you expect the first member of you party to be arriving.

What does on-line check in do exactly? Does it cut down on wait time when you actually get there? You still would have to go to the check in desk to pick up your room keys and info packet, right?

mouse
02-25-2009, 02:46 PM
Apparently, you go to a separate area and your packet and keys will be ready. That does not mean that your room will be ready and your keys activated. During the on-line check-in, they did ask for a credit card #, as they do during check-in at the resort. We will see how this goes on Sunday. It will be just my husband and I, so if there is hassle involved, we will just go with the flow.

Jaaron2
02-25-2009, 03:40 PM
I am interested as well. We are there from 3-6 to 3-15 but the first two days are on cash (the last 7 on points). The reservations are "linked" but dont show that way for the check in. I checked in for the first two cash days and hopefully when we get there everything will still be linked!

CarolA
02-25-2009, 04:06 PM
since wdw came out yesterday - bet this one is just a copy from their system.

so it should be fine.

:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

It came from DISNEY'S IT SHOP!

And you think it should be fine.

Based on past history... that's a recipe for DISASTER!

I am checking in Monday. There is NO WAY I am letting the IT shop attempt to "fix" my reservation. I will stick to the old fashioned check in. I am with an earlier poster... with the past history here, it's a short leap from "on line check in" to "on line cancellation" :lmao:

CarolMN
02-25-2009, 04:45 PM
Those of us who are not traveling for several months want to express our appreciation to all of you "guninea pigs". :teeth:

Be sure to let us know how it all worked out. I especially want to know if it saved you any time at the front desk. :)

tink2020
02-25-2009, 04:55 PM
Those of us who are not traveling for several months want to express our appreciation to all of you "guninea pigs". :teeth:

Be sure to let us know how it all worked out. I especially want to know if it saved you any time at the front desk. :)

I'm pretty sure it won't for those of us traveling soon. Between the fact that there are lighter crowds (I've NEVER waited with more than 1 person in front of me checking in, anywhere) and the fact that it's so new, I'm almost certain it will take extra time! :rotfl:

We'll be glad to report back, though! :)

DVC Mike
02-25-2009, 07:11 PM
I used Online Check-in today to check-in for our March 7 stay at BWV. It was easy, painless, and trouble-free. I'm interested to see if it's just as easy, painless and trouble-free when we show up on March 7.

ILIKEWDW
02-25-2009, 07:47 PM
I used Online Check-in today to check-in for our March 7 stay at BWV. It was easy, painless, and trouble-free. I'm interested to see if it's just as easy, painless and trouble-free when we show up on March 7.

Please let us know how everything goes.....

Lildalejrfan
02-25-2009, 10:59 PM
We r checking in on Monday & I just used the on-line check in with no problem. Hopefully everything will go as smoothly come monday:rolleyes:
I'll let ya all know then.

Allie in Wonderland
02-26-2009, 06:29 PM
We did online check in yesterday and number of guests comes up one which is incorrect. I could not change this on line. I talked to member services and they confirmed this is a glitch in the system. Did anybody eles find this

tink2020
02-26-2009, 08:10 PM
We did online check in yesterday and number of guests comes up one which is incorrect. I could not change this on line. I talked to member services and they confirmed this is a glitch in the system. Did anybody eles find this

Yes, actually. On our first night, it correctly shows 2 adults, 2 infants. The second reservation though (most of the nights), only shows 2 adults. MS confirmed that it is correct in their system, and it's correct on my confirmation. I'm not too worried about it, especially since (in our case) it has no effect on park tickets, etc.

CarolA
02-26-2009, 10:23 PM

Disney's IT shop in action!:rotfl2: Once again roling out well tested and running products!:happytv:

tink2020
02-27-2009, 03:15 AM
Well, I should add that the error on my reservation isn't new. It has been that way for months, since you could enter celebration info. Still, that means it hasn't been fixed.... :)

timandlesley
02-27-2009, 10:07 AM
Does anyone know if we'll be able to pay for our dining plans online before arriving, now that would be AWESOME!!!!

Just People
02-27-2009, 11:57 AM
We check in 03/08, but I am not letting WDW IT mess up my ressie. Also, what is the point of online check-in? You still have to wait on a different line to REALLY check-in. It seems kind of pointless right now. The fact that I have a reservation confirmation letter right now is good enough.

Simba's Mom
02-27-2009, 01:48 PM
Disney's IT shop in action!:rotfl2: Once again roling out well tested and running products!:happytv:
Ah, yes!:rotfl2: Do I detect a slight note of sarcasm and slight mistrust for the IT system? I think I'll wait til I hear about 40 kazillion (is that even a number?) reports that this on-line check in is working well before I try it.

Simba's Mom
02-27-2009, 01:51 PM
Apparently, you go to a separate area and your packet and keys will be ready. That does not mean that your room will be ready and your keys activated. During the on-line check-in, they did ask for a credit card #, as they do during check-in at the resort. We will see how this goes on Sunday. It will be just my husband and I, so if there is hassle involved, we will just go with the flow.

If you check in on line, does this mean you can't use a room that's ready if yours isn't? I know that when I've gotten to the desk and my room isn't ready, I can ask if there's any room that is. So for those people who use on line check in, are they obligated when they arrive to take that room, whether it's ready or they have to wait?

christobol
02-27-2009, 03:59 PM
Hopefully Room Requets are met. Iam a Diznut that checks-in between 7am-7:30am. :rolleyes1 Room and Bldg. requests are a must! I always recieve what I request.(except early check-in) Do You think that on-line check-in will work for those of us in this senario? Iam going to check-in the "OLD WAY" until I hear or see otherwise. Opinions Please:thumbsup2 TIA!!

Melani
02-27-2009, 07:38 PM

So could this help us out when switching resorts mid trip & not wanting to be at the new resort at 4pm to check-in instead of being at the parks?

I like to go to the resorts at lunch. So if we could swing in to the new resort then & head back to the park till 8 or so, theoretically our room would be ready when we got back?

KAT4DISNEY
02-27-2009, 11:00 PM
So could this help us out when switching resorts mid trip & not wanting to be at the new resort at 4pm to check-in instead of being at the parks?

I like to go to the resorts at lunch. So if we could swing in to the new resort then & head back to the park till 8 or so, theoretically our room would be ready when we got back?

That is what I have thought the biggest benefit would be.

oakmanner
02-28-2009, 12:13 AM
The question I have will "On Line" check in guests get thier requests filled first regardless of when they arrive at the resort? :confused3

LVSWL
02-28-2009, 08:58 AM
I am curious if anyone had done online checkin for the VWL. We are staying there in April and on our confirmation our request is for "pool view". I am curious what options are given for request online, since they have seemed "limited" at other resorts. And YES..I know that they are only requests..;)

Kmango
02-28-2009, 09:10 AM

I had this problem too! My reservation for my friend and I only had me on it. I'm on the phone with MS right now attempting to get her added.

danielle782001
02-28-2009, 10:50 AM
Can we pay for the Disney Dining Plan when we do online check-in?

Sheribo
02-28-2009, 02:19 PM
Ok, so I must be missing something. What's the point? With airlines you do online check-in and you get to print your boarding pass so all you do is drop off your luggage. That makes sense but this doesn't seem to have much benefit other than that you wait in a different line?? They obviously assign your room before you arrive but when? Are the key cards printed the day you do your online check in or the morning of your arrival? I suspect everyone standing in line to get their packages will open them, check the cards, ask about their room requests and then head over to the real check in desk to change them. If you were able to confirm your room number when you do the online check in, that would certainly be beneficial but I doubt that will ever happen. Right now all you'd be doing is confirming that you're going to show up. Am I right, I say am I right? :confused3

lenshanem
03-02-2009, 01:30 PM
I had this problem too! My reservation for my friend and I only had me on it. I'm on the phone with MS right now attempting to get her added.

Were they able to fix this?

BWV Dreamin
03-02-2009, 01:43 PM
Once you've done the online check-in, can you just go to the resort whenever? Or is it wise to still go as early as possible to secure the room?

tink2020
03-02-2009, 02:33 PM
Honestly guys, from what I understand, MS is generally confirming that the actual reservations are right, it's just the online view that isn't. Both my printed confirmation and several people I've talked to show my daughters on my ressie, even though only 2 adults show up online. Of course YMMV, but in most cases I don't think it's actually a matter of "fixing" reservations.

Good luck!

dianeschlicht
03-02-2009, 03:55 PM
I'm another one who doesn't really see the point to online check in. You STILL have to call or do something to find out your room number at about 4 PM, so what's the advantage???? If it means you WILL get your requests,....well, maybe, but I don't see a lot of point to it.

danielle782001
03-02-2009, 04:07 PM
I'm another one who doesn't really see the point to online check in. You STILL have to call or do something to find out your room number at about 4 PM, so what's the advantage???? If it means you WILL get your requests,....well, maybe, but I don't see a lot of point to it.

I think the main advantage is saving time at check-in...Your documents and rooms keys are printed and ready to go and you save the time not having to give your credit card...It is just about the ease of getting in and out of the lobby as quickly as possible...

That is just how I see it ;)

BWV Dreamin
03-02-2009, 04:12 PM
I think the main advantage is saving time at check-in...Your documents and rooms keys are printed and ready to go and you save the time not having to give your credit card...It is just about the ease of getting in and out of the lobby as quickly as possible...

That is just how I see it ;)
But what if you don't like your room assignment? Can you just as easily change it if there's availaibility? I wonder if having the room keys printed ahead of time circumvents changing rooms?

DisDaydreamer
03-02-2009, 04:38 PM
If it means you WILL get your requests,....well, maybe, but I don't see a lot of point to it.

This is THE ONE reason I'll try it. I don't see any real time savings bonus in this, BUT if I can solidify my room requests (10 days out) then that means a lot for me at VB. This will be interesting.

danielle782001
03-06-2009, 05:29 PM
This is THE ONE reason I'll try it. I don't see any real time savings bonus in this, BUT if I can solidify my room requests (10 days out) then that means a lot for me at VB. This will be interesting.

Will the online check-in be 10 days in advance? I forget reading the time frame.

Brenle
03-06-2009, 07:44 PM
We usually get our park tickets added to our card when we check in. How will it work now if we use the online check in? Has anybody used this new service and added park tickets also?

DISNEYFOURME
03-07-2009, 08:06 AM
can you also do online check in with DP points too?:confused3

tink2020
03-13-2009, 08:31 AM
We're back, and I think online check-in was exactly as I had expected. It was very quick, very smooth, but saved NO time for those of us traveling on "off" days/times anyway. There were about 5 CMs waiting to help us check in ... the one that was standing at the online check in counter "got to", but it's not as if it would have been any different for us had we gone to a different CM. There weren't any issues of reservations being canceled or changed, though :rolleyes: ;)

Inkmahm
03-13-2009, 12:51 PM
I am curious if anyone had done online checkin for the VWL. We are staying there in April and on our confirmation our request is for "pool view". I am curious what options are given for request online, since they have seemed "limited" at other resorts. And YES..I know that they are only requests..;)

I checked in online for VWL a few days ago and the only requests I remember made no sense. It was that you could request a refrigerator in your room at a potential additiona charge, and something else (but I don't remember what). Neither seemed to apply to the villas, they were geared towards the hotel guests.

scootert
03-13-2009, 03:51 PM
Anyone know if you can check in online for Vero Beach or is it just WDW resorts? TIA

kmermaid
03-15-2009, 05:19 PM
bumping to see if anyone else has done online checkin. :)

CarolA
03-15-2009, 05:42 PM
You might want to read this thread

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2119809

OKW Lover
03-15-2009, 05:54 PM
Great comments about the Disney IT department. It pretty much matches my observations. It really make you wonder how a company who counts Steve Jobs as their largest single shareholder gets away with such a sub-standard product.

Lampman
03-16-2009, 10:41 AM
OK so I use the service to check in.... do I need to wait on yet another line to get park passes and the dining plan added on?.... If this is the case what am I saving.... 10 minutes? It seems worth the 10 minutes to interact with the CM and ensure I get the room I want (or close to it). JMHO

LVSWL
03-16-2009, 02:57 PM
I checked in online for VWL a few days ago and the only requests I remember made no sense. It was that you could request a refrigerator in your room at a potential additiona charge, and something else (but I don't remember what). Neither seemed to apply to the villas, they were geared towards the hotel guests.
Thanks! Think I'll stick with the regular line and my paper confirmation in hand:) Can't even imagine why they would ask about a frig at the Lodge:confused3Those are in all of the regular hotel rooms anyway:goodvibes Oh well..only 18 more days..woo hoo!!!:cool1:

LUVMICKEY
03-17-2009, 12:15 PM
This is pretty interesting. I wondered how this was going to work after it finally got started. I'm anxious for some more comments as time goes by. We are checking in at BCV on July 1 and I'm not quite sure if I'm going to do the on-line check in yet.

danielle782001
03-17-2009, 04:57 PM
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2119809

flowrida
03-20-2009, 06:40 AM
Now i'm sure it's completely staring me in the face but how do you get to the online checkin option? I've looked high and low...but it's not jumping out at me!!

:confused3

nzdisneymom
03-20-2009, 09:52 PM
Flowrida - I found it on dvcmembers.com when I looked at our reservations. There was the option there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is a re-post that I made in the other thread about our experience last weekend.

We did online check-in for OKW last weekend. We wanted a higher room than ground which we had requested when we made our reservation. We were assigned a ground room. Also, because our kids are over age 10, their keys had charging privileges on them, so when we arrived (there was no line, the online check-in area was clearly marked and a CM was standing by ready to get our folder), we needed to get new keys for them (non-charging). Since we were having to get new keys anyway, I asked if an upper floor room was available - there was, in a different building, but they easily moved us - and it was to the Millers Rd area which is the only area in OKW we had not yet stayed (building 18 - loved it!).

Anyway, if they were to ask what "requests" I would like to be able to make online, I would like a "higher floor" option as well as the ground floor; also an opportunity to mark "no charging privileges" for specific guests. We also had to request and wait for a parking permit -- it would've been nice to have been able to check a box that said we would need one.

But even so, it was a bit faster than regular check-in because we didn't have to produce ID / credit card, etc. Just picked up our packet, made those few changes, and off we went.

bonrea
03-23-2009, 09:04 AM
Monday March, 23rd. Rain all night and expected all day today.

Anyways. We arrived yesterday at 11am-ish. We did the online check in thingy on March 12th and thought this should be quick and easy. NOPE. We walk into the lobby and the line is to the door. Never seen it this busy. At least not me… We are told the online check in CM is in the booth on the far left. We start to go over there but are then told we must stand in line everyone else. hmmm...
We wait until no one is at the online check in counter then ask if we can go to that counter. People still in front of us. hmmm... No one else is or has done online check in in front of us. A "floor walker" asked if anyone in line has done online check in. No except us. He sends us to the counter.

Fun begins here: We had the Online check in papers I printed to bring with us, Our Photo IDs, and reservation information. There was no package prepared, information in the computer was wrong. No evidence of the online check in having occurred, nothing. The CM had to do the standard stuff. Bummer....

Also: We had a reservation for a two bedroom because we had friends coming with us. Their DH got laid off and they couldn't come. I call two weeks ago and had the CM at the DVC reservation office take their names and information off the reservation. NOPE. All still there. The CM at the counter started handing us First Time buttons and all kinds of stuff which was for our now not coming friends. We politely mentioned the change that was requested and the CM seemed put out.

My DH works with computers and computer software systems all the time so he was calm about the whole thing because he knows these things happen with new systems. But good grief.

Jaaron2
03-23-2009, 12:28 PM
We did the on-line check in at BCV about two weeks ago. We arrived at about 7:30 p.m. walked over to the on line check in area, had our packet handed to us and we were on our way:cool1: I have to say it worked extremely well for our experience.

KAT4DISNEY
03-23-2009, 01:46 PM
Monday March, 23rd. Rain all night and expected all day today.

Anyways. We arrived yesterday at 11am-ish. We did the online check in thingy on March 12th and thought this should be quick and easy. NOPE.

Which resort were you at?

bonrea
03-23-2009, 09:58 PM
Yes... Sorry forgot to mention we are at OKW. :rolleyes1

TinkGirl
03-24-2009, 08:31 AM
Online check-in worked well for us at BCV last week. We had no requests and were hoping for a ready room, and it was. A staff member escorted us right to the online check-in spot at the left of the desk. That was the only place that had a line, so she went behind the counter and got our folder, which took less than a minute. Our kids were happy not to have to wait. The ME wait after we arrived at Orlando was bad enough! It took 2 hours to get to BCV--LOTS of people.