PDA

View Full Version : DVC benefits at Disneyland?

tink713
02-24-2009, 06:46 PM
So DH and I are planning our first Disneyland visit and I was wondering if there are any deals to be had for DVC member/AP holders out in Disneyland?

dis-happy
02-24-2009, 08:03 PM
Not many the last time I was there (just the discount for buying an AP) but maybe they will add more with GCV. HOWEVER, bring your Disney Visa if you have one, I got discounts I wasn't even expecting...at a sit down restaurant in Cal. Adv., and a discount when buying some shirts, plus a free photo meet and greet and free stroller rental.

stopher1
02-24-2009, 08:40 PM
Both your DVC member card and an DL AP offer a number of 10% off discounts at most of the restaurants throughout the two parks, the hotels and DTD. Be sure to get a Portable Perks booklet when you arrive. They also provide discounts at the AMC theatre in DTD, and some of the tour offerings at DL, plus I believe a discount at the GC Spa. We were just there about 3 weeks ago, and the Perks book detailed quite a bit.

PatMcDuck
02-24-2009, 09:04 PM
When I was there last year, I was surprised, they offered 10% off on most meals. There was a discount at DD too, I think on a $40-50 or more purchase. They had a list, I am not sure if I still have it.

KAT4DISNEY
02-24-2009, 09:26 PM
Yes, I've taken advantage of them on my last two trips. Here's a link to the list on the member website.

http://dvc.disney.go.com/dvc/member/perk/memberPerkOverview?id=MemberPrivilegesPerks_Disney landResortOverviewPage

ACDSNY
02-24-2009, 11:01 PM
If you're staying on DVC points at one of the DLR hotels then you won't be charged the daily resort fee (saves $15 per night).

Longhairbear
02-25-2009, 02:17 AM
We stayed on points last week, and there is a discount for just about anyplace that serves food on property, plus most DTD, and Disney owned stores. You also get early entry into the parks on certain days. But bring your Portable Perks with you, not all establishments are well informed that they offer discounts to DVC members. You may also have to show your room key, we weren't asked to, but it says you must show it to get the discount, along with your DVC membership card.

Inkmahm
02-25-2009, 07:36 AM
Did you get the portable perks booklet when checking in to the GCH? We are staying there on points in August so it's great news to hear we get discounts at DL!

KAT4DISNEY
02-25-2009, 11:48 AM
Did you get the portable perks booklet when checking in to the GCH? We are staying there on points in August so it's great news to hear we get discounts at DL!

Yes. If you don't get one then just ask, but I have been given it right away at both PP and GCH.

DoOverDreams
02-25-2009, 02:30 PM
We were there in September. Got 4 different rooms on points for a family gathering. Everyone's card key (Your Key to the Magic!) had "DVC Member" on it, which I didn't know about at first. I knew mine had it but didn't know everyone's did. Everyone was able to get the DVC discount on meals. I didn't know about that until a couple of our folks staying in one of the other rooms told me!

Plus, the card key has a cute Mickey design. I've got way too many of the "Walt Disney World Where Dreams Come True" cards. It's time for WDW to update their cards! :)

tink713
02-25-2009, 04:51 PM
Thanks everyone! So heres another question, DH and I are planning on going to Disneyland the end of next April (after Easter) how hard do you think it will be for us to get a studio at GCV?

KAT4DISNEY
02-25-2009, 05:00 PM
Thanks everyone! So heres another question, DH and I are planning on going to Disneyland the end of next April (after Easter) how hard do you think it will be for us to get a studio at GCV?

There's only a possibility of 23 studios (the whole GCV is 25 dedicated 2 bedrooms and 23 lock-offs) so odds probably aren't too good, but it never hurts to try.