PDA

View Full Version : Is it hard to book a 2 or 3 BR villa at the last minute?


AKLFan3
02-24-2009, 12:50 PM
This may be a hard question to answer, but how difficult is it to book a 2 or 3 bedroom villa for March or April at such short notice? Has anyone ever experienced difficulties booking such a large villa with only 3-5 weeks in advance? Thanks!

By the way, we're considering staying for a full week and are aware if there is availability, we may have to switch between 2 resorts mid stay.

Deb & Bill
02-24-2009, 01:08 PM
Grand Villa, other than an occasional weekend night, next to impossible. Two bedroom, also very .

Short notice is difficult for just about every DVC.

Nennie
02-24-2009, 01:08 PM
It's not impossible, and I think you have a good shot!!! Lately, it seems that the larger villas don't book as quickly. It would be difficult to get a GV or 2BR at BWV or OKW, but you could probably get one at AKV or SSR (unless you wanted Easter week, etc).

Good luck!!!!! :goodvibes

Nennie
02-24-2009, 01:10 PM
Grand Villa, other than an occasional weekend night, next to impossible. Two bedroom, also very .

Short notice is difficult for just about every DVC.

LOL that we posted at the same time, with the exact opposite opinions! ha ha!!

Tiger926
02-24-2009, 01:49 PM
I would think it would depend on the resort and season, but just for comparison, we've called each day this week to see if there is availability at AKV for a 2 bedroom for middle of July, and there is nothing. There is a waitlist as well.

Not sure if you are going to have much luck with a 2 bed at this short notice, but I wish you luck!

Tiger :)

bobbiwoz
02-24-2009, 03:58 PM
I think GV's are difficult to get at 7 months out, never mind with shorter notice for a 1 week stay. You may find a 2 bedroom, but most likely I think it will be at SSR. When you try, tell us, so we have know, OK?!!

Bobbi:goodvibes

disneynutz
02-24-2009, 07:22 PM
This may be a hard question to answer, but how difficult is it to book a 2 or 3 bedroom villa for March or April at such short notice? Has anyone ever experienced difficulties booking such a large villa with only 3-5 weeks in advance? Thanks!

By the way, we're considering staying for a full week and are aware if there is availability, we may have to switch between 2 resorts mid stay.

We have been on a wait-list since the end of December for a 2-bedroom, anywhere. Nothing yet. Take note that the wait-list rules have changed so that will lower you chances even more. You can't request "a 2-bedroom anywhere".

Jeremy&Susan
02-25-2009, 10:10 AM
Our experience is that if you want a GV you should be booking at the 7-11 month window and as close to the 11 as possible. GVs are not often available under the 7 month mark, expect in this economic slowdown you may get lucky.

Same hold true for 2 Bdrms except you have a bit more time.

Back to your question, 3-5 weeks out, you need to be supported by a higher power (in this one instance I am not refering to your wife) or be very lucky.:)

GOOD LUCK and please dont tell your wife that she is not a higher power on this one.

spiceycat
02-25-2009, 10:51 AM
gv no

2-bedroom - will they might have had cancelations - how close are you to the 31 days - where you must cancel or go in holding if you do later?

that day definitely call.

bcrook
02-25-2009, 07:38 PM
This may be a hard question to answer, but how difficult is it to book a 2 or 3 bedroom villa for March or April at such short notice? Has anyone ever experienced difficulties booking such a large villa with only 3-5 weeks in advance? Thanks!

By the way, we're considering staying for a full week and are aware if there is availability, we may have to switch between 2 resorts mid stay.

Based on point reallocations for 2010. Weekends should be open, and Weekdays should be booked. I would be curious to see if this is your current situation.

CNPHILLY
02-26-2009, 09:27 AM
Booking 3 to 5 weeks out may not be a problem in, say, February or September. But doing it for March and April is.

**EDIT**-I should have been more specific. I am talking more about bookings at VWL, BCV, BWV.

Lildalejrfan
02-26-2009, 11:37 AM
I called yesterday morning & was able to book a 2 bdrm for this Monday thru Friday. They had OKW & SSR available. It doesn't really matter where we stay as long as we r at Disney. OKW is our home resort so we decided on SSR this time. Yeah 3 more days & I'll b home:lovestruc

spiceycat
02-26-2009, 11:52 AM
well Lildalejrfan got hers.

how about you, AKLFan3 did you get anything?