PDA

View Full Version : BWV, OKW or Dolphin???

Mini Sorcerer's Mom
02-24-2009, 10:47 AM
Please help me decided.....I had booked the Dolphin hotel the weekend before Easter: April 3rd and 4th for an unbelievable rate of $190 per night after taxes and resort fee, tack on cab and we are at $450. However, my job is as stable as quicksand and we do have a large amount of DVC points that we can borrow from. (We are going to the AKV Sun. through Fri.)
I was shocked to find availability at both the BWV (64pts) and OKW (54pts). While dollar per dollar, the Dolphin is a better deal staying at DVC means paying no dollars from my pocket! :worship:
What should I do???
Dolphin (stayed there before)...save on long end but pay now when times are :scared1:
BWV (stayed there before) where we could walk to Epcot and walk to Hollywood studios just like the Dolphin?
or
Stay at OKW, not as many points, (only stayed there one night when we got in late and left next am early) but we would not do two parks, maybe one, and boat to DTD and check out the resort.
My other questions are....is there a lot to do at OKW? Can you go fishing? Are the rooms refurbed? My son is 8 and needs constant activities.
THANKS!!!!

spiceycat
02-24-2009, 10:51 AM
BWV is definitely walkability from Epcot and Studio - it is about as in the middle as you can get.

OKW has activities and games in their community hall - so he should be able to stay entertained.

that say think BWV might have more for him to do. especially at night when BW opens.

fers31
02-24-2009, 11:01 AM
Personally, I'd do BWV. No money out of pocket, great hotel, and walking to Epcot. Doesn't get much better.

yasuern
02-24-2009, 11:33 AM
These are my 2 favorite DVC resorts! I love them both but I beleive that your son will find BWV more to his taste - also there is always lots of activity on the BW in the evening - Both are beautiful and I would not be disappointed to be in either of them.

Enjoy

Sue:goodvibes

LSchrow
02-24-2009, 11:37 AM
don't forget that aside from evening BW activities, promity to EPCOT & DHS, the BWVs also have a community hall with activities (including video games & ping-pong).

i know what my choice would be :rolleyes1