02-24-2009, 04:45 AM
Just booked our airfare for Sept. with Airtran. :thumbsup2
Tickets were around $119 before today.
This am i looked & they were $79 :cool1: :thumbsup2 :cool1: :thumbsup2
I just booked our fligts !!! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

dioxide45
02-24-2009, 05:07 AM
They just begun a new seat sale.

I don't feel as bad as I initially did. Those cheap seats out of DAY for us didn't stick around long. Initially the same flight was $25 less per person, went back 30 minutes later and they are back to what we paid.

disney 4 5
02-24-2009, 09:27 AM

Your talking per way right?

pilferk
02-24-2009, 12:15 PM

We just ran into the same thing with Delta. I've been watching air fare from BDL (Hartford/Windsor Locks) to MCO for awhile now for our September trip, and prices have been upper $200's to low $300's.

Today, round trip, $158 (+taxes and fees) on travelocity. Even with the taxes and fees, we were looking at sub $200 air fare. We said if we could fly for right around a grand, we'd do it, rather than drive. Granted, we'll have to pay $60 to $75 in baggage fees. But we also get assigned seats, and I was able to book a whole row (which hopefully will "keep" through the check in process).

Needless to say, we booked our tickets!

:)

LJD2143
02-24-2009, 01:38 PM

Hey neighbor! (I'm from WI too!):wave2:

I'm in the same boat (or should I say airplane) as you! We've been tracking prices for our Sept trip and I just about squealed with delight today when I saw AirTran's price!

MKE to MCO, NonStop, $79!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Problem is, I have to wait until tomorrow evening to book. DH is waiting for positive confirmation of his vacation request.:scared:
Just hoping the price doesn't jump back up in the next 24 hours!

leeann32
02-24-2009, 02:27 PM
Your talking per way right?

Yep, one way

maxiesmom
02-24-2009, 03:59 PM
Nuts! The flight I was looking at went up from $80 to $105!!! Now I don't know what to do! Going down a day earlier, the flight would be $74. Should I buy, should I wait, I don't know what to do! Agggggghhhhh!!!!:headache:

maxiesmom
02-24-2009, 04:00 PM
Nuts! The flight I was looking at went up from $80 to $105!!! Now I don't know what to do! Going down a day earlier, the flight would be $74. Should I buy, should I wait, I don't know what to do! Agggggghhhhh!!!!:headache:

noahdove
02-24-2009, 04:20 PM
I just checked my ressies for Airtran and my flight coming home went down $40. per person:( Go figure, huh??? I really can't complain as the cost for the whole flight is cheaper than last year, and I didn't have to pay for luggage last year....

pixierella
02-24-2009, 04:26 PM
We got our flights from Airtran for $69 each way. While the flight times are optimal for me I was happy to get those prices.

leeann32
02-24-2009, 05:02 PM
Hey neighbor! (I'm from WI too!):wave2:

I'm in the same boat (or should I say airplane) as you! We've been tracking prices for our Sept trip and I just about squealed with delight today when I saw AirTran's price!

MKE to MCO, NonStop, $79!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Problem is, I have to wait until tomorrow evening to book. DH is waiting for positive confirmation of his vacation request.:scared:
Just hoping the price doesn't jump back up in the next 24 hours!

Hey neighbor!!:wave2:
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you:goodvibes If the prices do go back up, just look early next Tuesday, maybe the prices will drop again!!