PDA

View Full Version : Don't Forget Pancake Day 24/2/09

Snowy-girls
02-23-2009, 03:12 PM
Well it's pancake day tomorrow and what will you be having on your's??.
I thought we could let each other know and give some idea's to others :thumbsup2 .

Mine-Lemon,sugar,maple syrup,squirty cream+crumbled flake on top for my first couple of pancakes,then i move onto...Sugar,squirty cream+a drizzle of Bailey's.

Hubby-Lemon,sugar,chocolate spread+squirty cream.

Dd7-Sugar,chocolate spread,sliced banana's+squirty cream.

Dd4-Sugar,strawberry jam,squirty cream+chocolate sauce.

Thought i would show you this link http://latestnews.virginmedia.com/news/uk/2009/02/23/pancake_stack_record_toppled

Enjoy your pancakes everyone :thumbsup2 .x.

wickesy
02-23-2009, 03:16 PM
Your food always sounds so nice Michelle. I love the idea of pancakes drizzled with Baileys.

We never have pancakes on pancake day though. Long story but basically Mum and Dad were always out on a Tuesday night.

Snowy-girls
02-23-2009, 03:18 PM
Your food always sounds so nice Michelle. I love the idea of pancakes drizzled with Baileys.

We never have pancakes on pancake day though. Long story but basically Mum and Dad were always out on a Tuesday night.

Thank you David :goodvibes .
We always have them throughout the year as well-do you do that instead?.
(Bailey's on ice cream as well).x.

wickesy
02-23-2009, 03:19 PM
Thank you David :goodvibes .
We always have them throughout the year as well-do you do that instead?.x.

Only if I buy them ready made :blush: which isn't often. I must have a go at making my own sometime.

emily1982
02-23-2009, 03:21 PM
My mom brought a couple of the betty crocker stuff in a bottle which you add water and shake up, so i actually used one bottle tonight...ended up doing it in a mixing bowl though as it didn't mix properly. I just had lemon,sugar and chocolate drops on top....very nice though

irisheyes123
02-23-2009, 03:23 PM
I love to make them with fresh strawberries with a little dream topping on top

Bolanette87
02-23-2009, 03:48 PM
Me- Lemon and Sugar, occasionally Lime and Sugar if I'm feeling wild!

Robert- Jam (:confused3 )

Bob xoxoxox

Pinky166
02-23-2009, 03:57 PM
Just Lemon & Sugar for me & hubby....I know it's boring but we love it! ;)

I don't think we will be having them tomorrow though, we have them throughout the year when we fancy them. :goodvibes

disneyhockeymad
02-23-2009, 04:26 PM
My housemates and I are going to have a pancake and film night tomorrow. I'm not entirely sure what they're having on them but I know we've bought chocolate buttons, golden syrup, sugar, lemon juice, maple syrup, chocolate sauce and icecream :goodvibes

mandymouse
02-24-2009, 12:15 AM
I'm not a lover of pancakes myself (maybe they're not fattening enough :rotfl2: :rotfl2: ), but I buy the Aunt Bessies ones all year round for the girls. They just put sugar one them

Enjoy your pancakes everyone :)

natalielongstaff
02-24-2009, 12:29 AM
Sugar and lemon for me :thumbsup2 i won't eat more than 2 though !

Goofysmate
02-24-2009, 12:54 AM
Just Jam on ours

scottish mum
02-24-2009, 01:35 AM
Sugar and lemon on mine but sometimes I'll have ice cream.

I'm going into DD's nursery today to help make the pancakes. They are having banana, ice cream and syrup in theirs.

Snowy-girls
02-24-2009, 03:34 AM
Only if I buy them ready made :blush: which isn't often. I must have a go at making my own sometime.
David,there so easy to do-you should try :thumbsup2 .x.

I love to make them with fresh strawberries with a little dream topping on top
They sound yummy,i love Dream Topping+have never thought of doing that :thumbsup2 .x.

I'm going into DD's nursery today to help make the pancakes. They are having banana, ice cream and syrup in theirs.

I have just taken Dd4 into nursery and have been asked if i don't mind her participaring in making pancakes :thumbsup2 .Hope you have a great time.x.

Sooo looking forward to my pancakes tonight :cool1: .x.

Pinky166
02-24-2009, 04:23 AM
I keep reading this thread & really fancy some now....but hubby isn't home tonight so I guess we may have them tomorrow instead. :goodvibes

CustardTart
02-24-2009, 04:27 AM
Just Lemon & Sugar for me & hubby....I know it's boring but we love it! ;)

That's what we love too...

Tho' if I buy a crepe from a stall in Paris, I am rather partial to Nutella, coconut and Grand Marnier... :love:

Pinky166
02-24-2009, 04:29 AM
That's what we love too...

Tho' if I buy a crepe from a stall in Paris, I am rather partial to Nutella, coconut and Grand Marnier... :love:

Ohhh that sounds lovely!!!!

Snowy-girls
02-24-2009, 04:35 AM
I have just watched Phil Vickery making pancakes on This Morning,and he made some american pancakes as well-ohhh they looked so tasty.(not long until i can get my 'fix' in IHOP :cool1: ).x.

natalielongstaff
02-24-2009, 05:19 AM

ooh yum :thumbsup2

Chilly
02-24-2009, 06:19 AM
Lemon & Sugar for us to.

What panckae recipe is everyone using?

scottish mum
02-24-2009, 06:55 AM
I have just taken Dd4 into nursery and have been asked if i don't mind her participaring in making pancakes :thumbsup2 .Hope you have a great time.x.

I had a lovley time, Spent the whole session there. Some of the kids from the school came in and sang some pancake songs to the nursery. The pancakes were really nice and then the kids had shots at tossing pretend pancakes using a bat and beanbag.

Hope your Dd had a nice time too

Natasha&Matt
02-24-2009, 09:18 AM
For lunch a made some Pancakes from a Weight Watchers recipe =D i had 3 and i had sweetner and lemon juice on them :thumbsup2 Yummy

Chilly
02-24-2009, 09:31 AM
For lunch a made some Pancakes from a Weight Watchers recipe =D i had 3 and i had sweetner and lemon juice on them :thumbsup2 Yummy

What is the WW recipe?

Natasha&Matt
02-24-2009, 09:34 AM
POINTS® Value: 0.5

125 g flour
1 medium egg(s)
1/2 pint skimmed milk
1 spray low-fat cooking spray

Instructions
Put the flour into a bowl and break the egg into the centre.

Add the milk gradually beating into a batter.

Pour the batter into a jug.

Heat a non-stick frying pan.

Spray lightly with low-fat cooking spray.

Pour in 3 tbsp batter and quickly swirl the pan to coat the base.

Cook until the batter becomes firm and bubbles appear.

Flip the pancake over.

Serve with fresh lemon, artificial sweetener or sugar (at a Points value of ˝ per teaspoon).

natalielongstaff
02-24-2009, 09:43 AM
Ive used that recipe Tash, i used semi skimmed milk tho ;)

Chilly
02-24-2009, 09:45 AM
:thumbsup2 Thanks for the recipe

Natasha&Matt
02-24-2009, 09:48 AM
Ive used that recipe Tash, i used semi skimmed milk tho ;)

Me too =D so i pointed mine a lil higher than 1/2 a point x:thumbsup2

Latte Lover
02-24-2009, 10:41 AM
I'll probably have chocolate spread and sliced banana on my first one or two, then maybe maple syrup on a couple. The Bailey's sounds good, though, so I think I may have to try that too.

natalielongstaff
02-24-2009, 11:00 AM
Ive had two :thumbsup2

tennisfan
02-24-2009, 11:06 AM
I'm away training till Friday so I can't have pancakes today as i'm in a hotel:sad2:

natalielongstaff
02-24-2009, 11:13 AM
I'm away training till Friday so I can't have pancakes today as i'm in a hotel:sad2:

:hug: how boring ! hope you get some at the weekend x

Snowy-girls
02-24-2009, 12:41 PM
Well we have had our pancakes......
Me-4
Hubby-6
Dd7-6
Dd4-2.
Hope everyone enjoyed their pancakes today :thumbsup2 .x.

What panckae recipe is everyone using?
Sorry Claire-i know it's probably too late now but i use this one....
120g plain flour
Pinch of salt
2 medium eggs
350ml milk
This makes me aprox 16-18 pancakes.x.

Hope your Dd had a nice time too
Glad you had a lovely time.Dd4 had a great time,she came out with sugar stuck on her chin.The nursery had taken pictures+put them up on the windows for us to see when we arrived to pick them up.x.

The Bailey's sounds good, though, so I think I may have to try that too.
It's really nice Theresa,mine were delicious :thumbsup2 .x.

Ive had two :thumbsup2
Oohh that's being good Nat :thumbsup2 (unlike me :rolleyes1 ).x.

Make sure you have double when you return :thumbsup2 .x.

Lizzybear
02-24-2009, 04:44 PM
Just 2 each for us.. Sugar and lemon for me and bf had golden syrup in one and melted chocolate buttons in the other.. I'm not religious but for some reason I just feel wrong having anything too rich as a topping on Shrove Tuesday :upsidedow The rest of the year is fair game! :laughing: Chocolate and bananas is always a nice combination :)