PDA

View Full Version : BWV Views

Checkers
02-23-2009, 12:22 PM
:) We are hoping to book a 2br villa for May 2010 and were wondering if a "preferred view" meant you would get a view of the boardwalk? If not, is this just something that you put on your wish list when making your reservations? TIA.

fers31
02-23-2009, 12:30 PM
Preferred views and Boardwalk views are 2 different category types. It's not something you can just ask for. They have to be booked.

rcgal2
02-23-2009, 01:38 PM
Preferred view would be the same amount of points as a Boardwalk view though...:goodvibes

crisi
02-23-2009, 01:47 PM
They also tend to book pretty fast, being only about 20% of the resort. So plan on making your reservations for May of 2010 this summer. If you aren't a BWV owner, you may not be able to get the view (sometimes you can though) and if you are renting, you want to look for a BWV owner to rent from.

CarolMN
02-23-2009, 03:37 PM
Just repeating and clarifying -

There are three booking categories at the BWV:

1. Standard view
2. Preferred View - Pool/Garden
3. Preferred View - Boardwalk View

As already posted by others, the two PV categories cost the same amount of points. The standard view category costs less points than the Preferred category. You know when you book which category you have.

The Boardwalk view rooms make up slightly less than 20% of the available rooms and book up well before the Pool/Garden rooms. As Crisi posted, they are not usually available at 7 months, but sometime you can get lucky. May is one of the easier months to "get lucky".

Checkers
02-23-2009, 05:23 PM
:) Thanks everyone. We own at OKW and I will be making our reservations in June at OKW and then at the 7 month window (Oct.) I will attempt to make the switch. A preferred view would be ok but just once I would like a bw view!