PDA

View Full Version : Extra Night and Checking In

Sandisw
02-22-2009, 07:21 PM
I have booked 5 nights at SSR using my DP from August 5th - August 10th. I will be arriving around 11:00 am, although I realize that official check in time is 4:00 pm. But I have enough DP left to book one more night.

Would I be allowed to book Tuesday, August 4th and just tell them that I won't be arriving until the next morning? It would allow us to have a room ready as soon as we got there since we would be "technically" already paid for that night with our points.

Or, is there a time that you must be checked in or they cancel the reservation? Those points will go unused if I can't.

Thanks!
Sandi

goofygal1975
02-22-2009, 07:46 PM
Hey, that is a really great question!! We will be getting off the Disney Cruise the day we check in, and in the past we have been at Disney before 9am! We would love to get a load of laundry done and get checked into the room before the inlaws come in for their room. We also have left over DP! I wonder how this could be done??

owensamo
02-22-2009, 08:06 PM
My parents were late meeting us last time we went with them, and I panicked as it neared midnight and they hadn't checked into their studio yet. I called the front desk, and they said that they had to be there I think by 6am, otherwise the reservation was forfeit as a no-show and they wouldn't get a room at all. :eek:

Luckilly, they got in between 2-3am, but I was freaked! :) I would have hated to lose the points, but would have felt terrible for my parents not to have a room at all because they got in too late.

Maybe things will be different when online check-in starts up, but I don't think there's any way you could do this now - if you don't show up for your first night, I don't think your reservation for the rest of the nights will be valid, unless the reservations aren't linked. If they're not linked, you won't be in the same room anyway.

Amanda

Sandisw
02-22-2009, 08:16 PM
Oh, well... I will check it out but will not chance it if they say the reservation could be cancelled.

It would seem that as long as you told them that you were arriving late and gave them the time, ahead of time, that it would be no problem.

And you are right, to not link them would mean changing rooms and would trigger an 11:00 am checkout, which would defeat the purpose of doing it.

Thanks for the info!

5forDiz
02-22-2009, 09:00 PM
I have booked 5 nights at SSR using my DP from August 5th - August 10th. I will be arriving around 11:00 am, although I realize that official check in time is 4:00 pm. But I have enough DP left to book one more night.

Would I be allowed to book Tuesday, August 4th and just tell them that I won't be arriving until the next morning? It would allow us to have a room ready as soon as we got there since we would be "technically" already paid for that night with our points.

Or, is there a time that you must be checked in or they cancel the reservation? Those points will go unused if I can't.

Thanks!
Sandi

This is a good question - wonder if it could work if you notified SSR, etc. what your intention is and also, if this could work with online check-in ? Definitely can't hurt to ask.

If it doesn't look to be do-able for August 4th maybe use the points for your check out date Aug. 10th so you can leisurely leave the resort when it's time to head home ? ( if you're flying - can you book a later flight out that day ?)

Only other alternative beyond this that I can think of rather than having to lose those points ( I'm with you on this - HATE the thought of losing points ! ) is to offer to rent a night using those DPs for someone on the Rent/Trade board.

Best wishes & post back how it goes :goodvibes
~ Laura

Sandisw
02-22-2009, 09:43 PM
This is a good question - wonder if it could work if you notified SSR, etc. what your intention is and also, if this could work with online check-in ? Definitely can't hurt to ask.

If it doesn't look to be do-able for August 4th maybe use the points for your check out date Aug. 10th so you can leisurely leave the resort when it's time to head home ? ( if you're flying - can you book a later flight out that day ?)

Only other alternative beyond this that I can think of rather than having to lose those points ( I'm with you on this - HATE the thought of losing points ! ) is to offer to rent a night using those DPs for someone on the Rent/Trade board.

Best wishes & post back how it goes :goodvibes
~ Laura

We are checking out of SSR and going to VWL for 2 nights so I wonder if they would let me have overlapping vacations..but that sounds like a great alternative if they won't let me do it on the front.

I thought about renting the points, but I will only have 15--enough for only 1 night in a studio so I am not sure how much interest that woudl be and if it would really be worth the hassle. It is too bad that they do not let people transfer DP because I would love to just offer them up to someone if I can't figure out a way to use them. I will keep you posted. I will call MS tomorrow.

CarolA
02-23-2009, 07:42 AM
I had a different expereince then Amanda. I was flying from the west coast and got delayed. wound up on the red eye.

I called Disney about 11 Eastern and was connected to the OKW front desk where I explained the situation. They took my CC# over the phone and when I arrived around 7 AM I was able to get my room. It was a little confusing to the CM who checked me in, but she finally figured the mess out! LOL!

Not sure I would do this intentionally but I would think it could be done. You might talk to MS when you book?

bobbiwoz
02-23-2009, 07:46 AM
I have not done it, but I have asked MS about that...getting to the resort early one morning and having a room ready because I have booked the previous night. I was told that it CAN be done and that members often do it who plan to arrive in the early AM. It is something that is noted on the reservation.

Bobbi:goodvibes