PDA

View Full Version : New from Michigan

Mogambi
02-22-2009, 06:20 PM
Hi Everyone!! I am new to the site(Although I have been lurking for a couple weeks). I am so glad to have found this!!! Me and my family are going to Disney in 3 weeks and we can't wait!!! :cool1: My name is Jennifer and I have a husband named Ron and 2 kiddies Holden who is 7 and Sarah who is 3.

tinksgilrs251520
02-22-2009, 06:22 PM
hello fellow michigander!!!!!!Welcome to DIS this is the place to be.. We go to WDW in Aug .....Hope you have fun :banana:

Metro West
02-22-2009, 07:50 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/welcome/17.gif

MarkinNM
02-22-2009, 10:35 PM
:welcome:

to the DIS!!!!

Courtney88
02-22-2009, 10:38 PM
Hi from another Michigander here :goodvibes

wlwilliams9
02-22-2009, 10:41 PM
Hi :wave2: and :welcome: to the DIS! I'm a Michigander too!!

Mogambi
02-23-2009, 05:25 AM
Thank Everyone!

What part of Michigan are you all from?? We live on the West side in Holland.

Carmell226
02-23-2009, 06:03 AM
Welcome! I live just south of Kalamazoo, not too far from you :)
We are headed to WDW in 38 days.....CAN NOT WAIT! Have a blast!

goofyboyzmom
02-23-2009, 06:07 AM
Another welcome from Michigan!!!! You will get nothing done at home once you get addicted to this site! LOL

jeanigor
02-23-2009, 06:31 AM
:welcome: to the DIS fellow Michiganders!!!

goofyboyzmom is totally right. Once you're hooked, you're stuck like gorilla glue!:disrocks:

My next trip is in 74 days!!! A smidge longer to wait than y'all, but I'm willing to wait.:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :boat: pirate: :sail: :earsboy:

MickeyMomOfThree
02-23-2009, 06:47 AM
Just wanted to say HI from a Michigander from NY. My DH and I both grew up in Michigan but moved to upstate/western NY for work about 15 years ago. I grew up in Plymouth (between Ann Arbor and Detroit.) Still get back a few times a year to visit family.

Anyway, welcome...

wlwilliams9
02-23-2009, 09:02 AM
Thank Everyone!

Just wanted to say HI from a Michigander from NY. My DH and I both grew up in Michigan but moved to upstate/western NY for work about 15 years ago. I grew up in Plymouth (between Ann Arbor and Detroit.) Still get back a few times a year to visit family.

Anyway, welcome...

We live in Plymouth! I grew up in Clarkston and DH grew up in Northville!

thruthelookinglass19
02-23-2009, 10:38 AM
Welcome! It is addicting though. . . beware!!:goodvibes

homedad
02-23-2009, 10:58 AM
welcome, great info here, enjoy!!!!!!

starryskies
02-23-2009, 11:11 AM
We're live in Plymouth! I grew up in Clarkston and DH grew up in Northville!

Plymouth/ Canton border here, just south of downtown!

Welcome to the dis! I love seeing all these Michiganders! :goodvibes

(Sidenote: I always notice there are a ton of Michigan residents while I'm in WDW-- so many hats repping the Red Wings, Tigers, Spartans, Wolverines... and occasionally some brave and hopeful person with a Lions jersey! :rotfl2: )

tallen429
02-23-2009, 01:58 PM
Thank Everyone!

My sister and her family live in Holland. Its lovely there! We are in the Romeo area (northern Macomb county)

MickeyMomOfThree
02-23-2009, 02:17 PM
Plymouth/ Canton border here, just south of downtown!

Welcome to the dis! I love seeing all these Michiganders! :goodvibes

(Sidenote: I always notice there are a ton of Michigan residents while I'm in WDW-- so many hats repping the Red Wings, Tigers, Spartans, Wolverines... and occasionally some brave and hopeful person with a Lions jersey! :rotfl2: )

I wear my DH's Lions sweatshirt here (NY) all the time. A few weeks ago someone commented on it and I said, "What are you talking about, they had a perfect record last year.---0 and 18!" Hey, I grew up cheering them on, you can't take it away from me!

aceys_h0ney
02-23-2009, 02:40 PM
Welcome!

My DH is from MI and an avid Lions supporter. He boasts about them being a record breaking team. I think it is a much better way to look at it, at least they made some kind of record!

However living in VA he gets comments on the time on his Lions gear. Mostly people teasing him. He grew up there and will always support his team, win or lose!

Mogambi
02-23-2009, 06:29 PM
My sister and her family live in Holland. Its lovely there! We are in the Romeo area (northern Macomb county)

Wow...Small world! We moved here from Ohio 6 years ago and LOVE it!! I don't ever see us moving away.

1010tf
02-24-2009, 05:33 AM
Welcome!

Mogambi
02-24-2009, 06:13 AM
Thanks everyone for the nice welcome!! no worries though...I am already addicted! :rotfl:

Mogambi
02-24-2009, 06:14 AM
Welcome!

My DH is from MI and an avid Lions supporter. He boasts about them being a record breaking team. I think it is a much better way to look at it, at least they made some kind of record!

However living in VA he gets comments on the time on his Lions gear. Mostly people teasing him. He grew up there and will always support his team, win or lose!

We grew up in Ohio and are HUGE Cleveland Browns fans. We get the same teasing all the time so we know how it feels.

dawnbu40
02-24-2009, 06:27 AM
Welcome from another Michigander! We're from the Canton area too!

MAGGIED
02-24-2009, 06:47 AM
Welcome... to your new home away form home....

My inlaws live in Traverse City.... its really lovely... we go an visit in August each year...

MickeyMomOfThree
02-24-2009, 08:13 AM
We grew up in Ohio and are HUGE Cleveland Browns fans. We get the same teasing all the time so we know how it feels.

My family was originally from Cleveland, to this day they are die hard Indians and Browns fans with second being Tigers/Lions.

So, I was born where you were from and grew up near where you are now...
Small World.

jodybrun
02-24-2009, 08:29 AM
Welcome from another Michigander! I live near Saginaw. We are headed to Disney in April. I can't wait to get out of the cold and enjoy some Florida sunshine!

Disneydonnam
02-24-2009, 08:55 AM
:wave2: Hello and welcome to the boards. Have an awesome trip.

DWFan4Life
02-25-2009, 06:39 PM
Hi Everyone!! I am new to the site(Although I have been lurking for a couple weeks). I am so glad to have found this!!! Me and my family are going to Disney in 3 weeks and we can't wait!!! :cool1: My name is Jennifer and I have a husband named Ron and 2 kiddies Holden who is 7 and Sarah who is 3.

Welcome to DISboards. This is a great source of info and I'm sure you'll find answers to all of your questions. Where do you stay?

Have a nice and safe trip coming. :)

disneyherewecome
02-25-2009, 09:02 PM
Welcome to DISboards. This is a great source of info and I'm sure you'll find answers to all of your questions. Where do you stay?

Have a nice and safe trip coming. :)

Thanks! We are staying at the Port Orleans French Quarter.

Courtney88
02-25-2009, 10:39 PM
Thank Everyone!

I live in the Monroe area but work/go to college in Dearborn and am looking into getting a place in that area soon.

iheartpluto
02-25-2009, 10:58 PM
Hi, I'm a Newbie Michigander too! My DF and I are going in June for our Honeymoon! So glad that there are lots of Michiganders on here! :)

DisnLuvr
03-15-2009, 10:20 AM

We wish You and Ron have a great time there. We just cannot wait to be there too.. Me and my wife.. I could see the excitement written all over your post..

ltlmickey
03-15-2009, 04:37 PM
Hello and welcome-from still another Michigander! And I'm a new member too-I've been lurking on these boards for the last several years, and finally joined today! And it's true what so many others have said-these boards are addictive-and all the information I've learned here is priceless!!

(hopefully I will be booking my next trip soon...hoping for May..fingers crossed...:banana:

msuslash
03-15-2009, 05:51 PM
Hello fellow Michiganders! I too am from America's high five and live in the Canton/Plymouth area. I actually just found this site 2 days ago while doing research for my financial analysis project for class. I can see myself spending a lot of time here already :thumbsup2. A little about me, married, have a 1 year old (my wife and I are itching to take her on her first Dis trip). I've been a huge Dis fan since I was a kid and I even have a sister that was a stage performer in front of the castle! Looking forward to becoming a new part of the crew here!

ssneed1972
03-16-2009, 03:10 PM
Hi. I am also from Michigan. I live in Durand, but grew up in Waterford.