PDA

View Full Version : DVC resorts with food courts

torismom
02-22-2009, 04:51 PM
Which DVC resorts have food courts?

Thanks

disneynutz
02-22-2009, 04:53 PM
All have access to food, what do you consider a food court?

Certifiable WDW Nut
02-22-2009, 05:12 PM
Dr. Jamba Here posting under wife's account:

Food court as in the All Star Resorts/Moderates? No, I don't believe that any DVC resort has a food court like those (except maybe the new Bay Lake Villas with access to the Contemporary's new Food area).

However, they all have access to pretty extensive food options (I'm thinking the Beach Club's food area: Atlantic something...)

rsimon
02-22-2009, 05:23 PM
AKV has Mara which is a pretty good "Food Court". It has a good variety and has good food.

oakmanner
02-22-2009, 06:50 PM
SSR has Artists Palette.

Donald is #1
02-22-2009, 07:27 PM
I'm going to assume that by food court you mean something counter service. Because as the other posters have mentioned there aren't any food courts like the moderates and values have. Anyways, here are the places with counter service places:

SSR - Artist Palette
AKV - Mara (at Jambo House)
WVL - Roaring Fork
BCV - place in the gift shop

hakepb
02-22-2009, 10:41 PM
BWV has the bakery and the Spoodles Pizza to go window. There are several other quick food (hot dogs, funnel cakes..) on the boardwalk, but they are not Disney operated (slightly cheaper soda!), so they (and pizza to go) are not on the DDP

As a plain eater, I think our "favorite" CS at DVC is AKV... Although for breakfast, the quality and price of the Mara buffet is probably the best at WDW!
DS walks into AP at SSR and smells the rosemary roasted chicken and says, "ewwwww what's that smell?" I think they tried a little too hard to be upscale (plus it is too small for a resort the size of a fully built SSR)

Deb & Bill
02-23-2009, 08:57 PM
OKW has Goods to Go and the Turtle Shack. But none of the DVC resorts have food courts, only counter service dining.

MiaSRN62
02-23-2009, 11:56 PM
I would consider the DVC's with the closest things resembling food courts to be :
VWL (Roaring Forks) ; SSR (Artist Pallette); AKV ---mostly convenient to the Jambo House side (Mara). BCV has a little area called the Marketplace. Mostly good for breakfast sandwiches and ice cream/gelato though. BLT will have bridge access to the newly done food court area at the main Contemporary.

I don't consider OKW having a food court---I look at Goods To Go as more of a snack stand.

DisneyWalker44
02-24-2009, 06:33 PM
Shouldn't putting an "s" into Roaring Fork get you kicked out of the VWL groupies club ;)