PDA

View Full Version : OKW 2bdr Dedicated- Can We Apply 2 CC's

StephenKay
02-22-2009, 01:33 PM
Hi there,

We are planning our summer vacation this year and we are taking my sister and her family along with ours to a 2 bed dedicated at OKW. Our question is this, can we apply 2 credit cards to the reservation to enable us to work out who is spending what? We tried to do this last time and couldn't and spent 2 weeks working out who spent what.

Many thanks in advance.

Deb & Bill
02-22-2009, 02:06 PM
We were in that situation several years ago and could not do it. Why not just no have charging on your sister's family's room IDs and they use their cc to pay directly?

Chuck S
02-22-2009, 02:22 PM
No, it is ony one credit card per room. However, the noght before you check-out you can go to the front desk and get a printout. Each room key has its own sub-number, so you can easily add up who owes what, and then that party can pay their portion on their card, the desk will then need to re-swipe the original card to be charged the following morning for the remaining balance when the computer run the express check-outs.

mom3sonstt
02-23-2009, 01:45 PM
No, it is ony one credit card per room. However, the noght before you check-out you can go to the front desk and get a printout. Each room key has its own sub-number, so you can easily add up who owes what, and then that party can pay their portion on their card, the desk will then need to re-swipe the original card to be charged the following morning for the remaining balance when the computer run the express check-outs.

The above is true - sort of. Last year we took a friend of one of our children and thought we would just track his spending from the printouts. The first print out we got was perfect - it listed all the different card numbers, but after that I would go request a printout and there weren't any card numbers :confused: I finally took the first one up with me and said "see - this one has it - it can be done" because they were trying to tell me they couldn't do that :confused3 Eventually after enough people looked at both print-outs somebody figured out what they needed to do to get what I wanted. Now - we had put travelers checks & cash down instead of a credit card, plus our vacation was a split stay - we added another night to the beginning and even though they linked it together and we only had to check in once but they still considered it two stays so on our second day when we went to eat lunch our cards didn't work :scared1: we called the resort and spent a good 30 - 45 minutes on the phone with them trying to get it straightened out - they told us we had checked out :confused3 but since we had put tc & cash down we had a balance due us on our original reservation. I didn't think to ask at the time - but had wondered about it since - that even if we had checked out it should have been good through midnight. I asked about that yesterday and was told that if I had checked out and was leaving that it would have been fine, but since I "checked out" and back in again with a new reservation that they couldn't transfer it. Well since we didn't use a credit card they were able to transfer it over the phone (while my husband stood there fuming) but according to the DVC people if we had put down a cc we would have had to go back to the front desk and put our card down again. :scared1: This year when I added 2 ressies together I asked if there was any way they could combine them into one complete reservation so we wouldn't have that problem again. She couldn't do it while I was on the phone with her, but when I looked online today it appeared to all be under one ressie number - I called to verify and they confirmed that it was all one continuous reservation :woohoo: