PDA

View Full Version : HELP - DH's clothes

Ela1972
02-22-2009, 12:57 PM
Please help!!
After 2 very unsuccessful shopping days (apart from cocktail at end of trip) I have 2 pairs of trousers but my DH is either unwilling or can't find anything.

His new theory is to get a pair of mickey mouse shorts and a mickey mouse t-shirt when he arrives and wear these all the holidays :sad2: - We are going for 11 days!!! (march 24 - April3)

How can I stop him??? Please help!!!!

Thanks Ela
:headache: :disrocks:

disneydreamgirl
02-22-2009, 01:02 PM
Is he unwilling to shop or just doesn't like anything? Your comment that he'd wear the same thing every day for the entire trip suggests he doesn't care, so I think I would just go with his sizes and shop for him at the mall or even just online. My DH rarely will wear anything he doesn't buy for himself, so he can be tricky on occasion too! Good luck with it!

perriwinkleblue
02-22-2009, 01:15 PM
Maybe he just dislikes the shopping experience? Try a little online shopping. :) You could check the Disneyshopping site or one like Lands End (they have lots of great "basics"). Could he be talked into buying at least a couple of basic chino shorts and polo shirts online?

I don't think he should rely on buying shorts and a shirt when he gets there. :sad2: There will be many shirts to choose from but, I think, his choices for shorts will be limited.

Are you staying on Disney property? If all else fails, remember that the resorts have self-service laundry. I know that at the value and moderate resorts they are usually located near the pool areas. (There are worse ways to spend a vacation than relaxing in by the pool -or with a cocktail- while waiting for laundry.;) )

Good luck!

Ela1972
02-22-2009, 01:26 PM
Thanks for replies,
He usually shops for his own clothes and is very good at it. It's mainly that we do not have many summer clothes in the shops yet in the UK!! Plus only 2 shopping weekends left to go.

Also I think this is a sly way of him scaring off my parents who are going with us!!

I do like the sound of the drink while the laundry is being done!! :cool1:
Thanks for quick reply
Ela

disneydreamgirl
02-22-2009, 02:01 PM
Does the Next online site have any summer clothes listed yet? We're from Canada but do we get things from Next for our DS from relatives and we've admired the adult clothing on their website. Alternatively, you could order from some US sites and have the orders sent directly to your resort - I've done that previously and it has worked out well for us. Good luck with it, he sounds like a sly fox...I'm sure you'll outwit him, though!

DisneyGalAlways
02-22-2009, 02:17 PM
I think you will be surprised what you find when you arrive. If you can arrange a quick trip to the outlets, Target or even Wal-Mart :eek: , I think you'll find enough to "make do."

We were there last year just a few days later in April than your trip and I found 4 or 5 pairs of shorts at Target. Swimsuits were also in abundance then. Which was good, 'cuz we didn't have any yet for the summer.

Also, there just might be a rainy or cool day that he might be comfortable in jeans.

Good luck.

Have fun!

Metro West
02-22-2009, 02:33 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/welcome/11.gif