PDA

View Full Version : 4th July plans?

ScotsMinnie
02-22-2009, 06:12 AM
Am trying to make some plans for our trip this year and for the first time in a long time out trip co-incides with the 4th July which is really exciting.

When I was younger we took a trip to Nantucket and were there over 4th July. The local celebrations were fabulous and we had the most memorable day. They had pie and watermelon eating competitions, fire engine hose battles up the main streets, stalls, the kids decorated the their bikes in stars and stripes, and there were flags everywhere. A great atmosphere. At ngiht everyone went to the beach for a lovely firework display.

I would really like to celebrate with the locals if you see what I mean. Get a taste of the real 4th July celebrations.

But we also would love to see the parks all decorated in the stars and stripes and see any celebrations going on there. However I know the parks would be mobbed that weekend.

My thoughts are to visit MK first thing in the morning to see the decorations and then leave at lunchtime and have some time by the pool. Around 4 go to Celebration to take part in the celebrations there. From the website it looks like fun.

If anyone has any thoughts on this plan or any other ideas for spendsing the 4th July and getting a real taste of the celebrations then I would be very grateful to hear them.

I am actually presuming they decorate the parks? They maybe don't!