PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Ohio

joeshan
02-22-2009, 05:57 AM
Hello my name is Shannon, I've been checking out these boards for a long time and I finally decided to join in the fun! I have learned so many great tips and information. Just booked my next disney vacation and came back for more. :woohoo:

Metro West
02-22-2009, 06:51 AM
http://bestsmileys.com/welcome/11.gif

Aliceacc
02-22-2009, 07:46 AM
Hi Shannon, and welcome!!

Where will you be staying?

Natasha&Matt
02-22-2009, 07:48 AM
Hey shannon Welcome =D

pepe of ohio
02-22-2009, 07:55 AM
Nice to see another Ohioian join this madness. From where in Ohio do ye hail? We're from the northeast part around Youngstown but our children are in Dublin and Hilliard. Hope we can be of service, we've logged 42 trips to WDW and still going strong. Enjoy the boards.

CindyandBrice
02-22-2009, 08:07 AM
Welcome!!! Are you in the part of Ohio that if you looked out your window right now it is snowing?? and cold??? And, the thought of being in warm, sunny FL sounds like a dream??? Yep, you are from Ohio! Welcome.

Disneydonnam
02-22-2009, 08:10 AM
:cheer2: Welcome Shannon

joeshan
02-22-2009, 10:14 AM
Hi Shannon, and welcome!!

Where will you be staying?

We are going to be staying at the Contemporary! We're soo excited!!!:cool1:

joeshan
02-22-2009, 10:16 AM
Nice to see another Ohioian join this madness. From where in Ohio do ye hail? We're from the northeast part around Youngstown but our children are in Dublin and Hilliard. Hope we can be of service, we've logged 42 trips to WDW and still going strong. Enjoy the boards.

Wow! 42 trips, I'm so jealous! We live not to far from Youngstown, in Minerva.

joeshan
02-22-2009, 10:18 AM
Welcome!!! Are you in the part of Ohio that if you looked out your window right now it is snowing?? and cold??? And, the thought of being in warm, sunny FL sounds like a dream??? Yep, you are from Ohio! Welcome.

I sure am! I am so tired of snow... and cold... Fl is looking better by the second:banana:

AlohaPolynesian
02-22-2009, 10:23 AM
Welcome! I'm from northeast Ohio, too. I finally gave in and registered so I can post after lurking here forever!! You'll love it and soon be addicted...

pepe of ohio
02-22-2009, 10:44 AM

Actually we're from Hubbard, small town. Yes, 42 trips since 1977. Daughter did the Cp at Disney in 2001, 3 trips that year. We just returned from our 2 January trip, 2008 and 2009. Sure is good to escape the bitter cold and snow but then returning home from80 degree weather to drag your suitcases thru the snow from the train station to the car, scrape of a foot of snow and ice, makes we wonder why we're still in Ohio.

joeshan
02-22-2009, 10:45 AM
Thank you all so much for the warm welcome!!

MarkinNM
02-22-2009, 11:24 AM
:welcome:

to the boards!!

DWFan4Life
02-22-2009, 07:28 PM
Welcome to DISboards. This is a great source of info and I'm sure you'll find answers to all of your questions, also be prepared to become addicted to DIS.:lmao:

Have a nice and safe trip coming. :)

Carol G
03-10-2009, 07:38 PM
Hi Shannon,

:woohoo: Another Buckeye to the DISboards ~ Welcome ! :dance3: I live in a western Suburb of Cleveland.

Carol G
03-10-2009, 07:51 PM

That's one thing about OHIO, especially Cleveland..."you don't like the weather, stick around it'll change!" :rotfl2:
I keep telling myself, (especially after my first DCL,) "there's no place like home, there's no place like home, there's no......" :confused3: but than I remember :worship: there's nothing like your own bed! :goodvibes:

KatieLovesDisney1
03-10-2009, 07:52 PM
Hi! :welcome: I'm also new to the boards and live in Ohio. I live near Akron :)

rkcb
03-10-2009, 11:35 PM
Welcome to the boards, from the other side of the state!

brookit
03-11-2009, 01:18 AM
hiya I'm a new ohioan too. I grew up in the dayton area went to college in akron and have since relocated to kansas city, KS. glad to see some fellow ohioans here :dance3:

cm wannabe
03-12-2009, 11:17 AM
welcome to the Dis boards, the place where questions are answered and dreams of pixie dust are born! Hope you find many wonderful ideas here from all of the wonderful Diser's!:)

Mickey_Dust
03-15-2009, 07:28 AM
hiya I'm a new ohioan too. I grew up in the dayton area went to college in akron and have since relocated to kansas city, KS. glad to see some fellow ohioans here :dance3:

I have family who live in Olathe, They are originally from Ohio. (I live in the HEART of the SNOWBELT, east of Cleveland) Lovely!!! :rolleyes: I would rather cook in the Florida heat than look at the brown mud and grass and dirty cars here in Ohio.

Nice seeing those that understand on here. Welcome and Have a wonderful trip to Disney.

brookit
03-15-2009, 04:49 PM
TEE HEE HEE I live in olathe as well. It's a small world after all.... etc. etc.

I have family who live in Olathe, They are originally from Ohio. (I live in the HEART of the SNOWBELT, east of Cleveland) Lovely!!! :rolleyes: I would rather cook in the Florida heat than look at the brown mud and grass and dirty cars here in Ohio.

Nice seeing those that understand on here. Welcome and Have a wonderful trip to Disney.

Teacher03
03-16-2009, 05:23 PM

I graduated from Minerva! I live in Louisville now, but my dad and sister still live in Minerva. It is a small world after all.........(I actually sung it as I was typing!)

shewchukj9r
03-16-2009, 07:33 PM
Hi Shanon,
I am in the same boat as you just getting into this. It is soo addictive.!:cool1: