PDA

View Full Version : new owner @ Bay Lake

Karszar
02-21-2009, 10:32 PM
I just purchased points at Bay Lake today. I am an extreme novice at all this Disney stuff so I am here to ask the experts (although after reading a few threads I am overwhelmed at all the acronyms). Even though I bought at Bay Lake can't I use my points to stay at another resort at WDW? Is there a benefit to buy at a particular place or can't you just use the point for whereever you want to stay?

Also what is a TIW card?

mejkjj97
02-21-2009, 10:36 PM
Welcome:cheer2:

I am also new to DVC and these boards are great. What I can tell you is yes you can stay at any resort. The benefit at staying at your home is you can book 11 months in advance and at all other DVC properties it's 7 months in advance. This is as much as I can share. Our home base in AKV. We are staying this year at SSR in August on Developer points.

These boards have been very helpful to me in planning!

thesupersmartguy
02-21-2009, 10:53 PM
You may book any other DVC (Disney Vacation Club) resort 7 months out.

You may book your "Home" resort at 11 months.

TIW is "Disney's Tables In Wonderland" card allowing it's holder 20% off select food and beverage items. I can speak from personal use and say it is wonderful. I would not go without it.

Sandisw
02-21-2009, 10:55 PM
Welcome home!!! And Congratulations!!

As the PP said, you can book at any of the DVC resort but have an advantage to stay at your home resort since you get priority booking at the 11 month window.

Owning at BLT will be very beneficial if you travel during the holidays. TIW stands for "Tables in Wonder" card. It is a discoutn card that can be purchased for $60.00 a year but it gives you a 20% discount at many dining locations through Disney, including 20% off adult beverages. It is available to Annual Passholders (AP).

As a DVC member, you are eligible to get $100 discount off the AP. Even if you only go once a year, there is a way to maximize getting an AP. That is what I will be doing. Going the 3rd week in August this year and then going the 2nd week next year. It gets me 2 trips out of one AP. This way, I only have to buy it every other year.

CarolMN
02-22-2009, 07:47 AM
In case you haven't already run acrosss these:

A List of COMMON Abbreviations (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1660743)

Commonly used DVC Forum Abbreviations and Acronyms (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=13729193#post13729193)

Congratulations and WELCOME HOME!

And welcome to the DVC Forums!!

alldiz
02-22-2009, 07:59 AM
Looks like your questions are answered.....just wanted to say....

WELCOME TO THE DIS:woohoo: :banana: :yay:

Congrats on your purchase....you'll love it:goodvibes
These boards are a wealth of information....just keep clicking away and reading:goodvibes
Kerri

thelionqueen
02-22-2009, 09:06 AM
CONGRATULATIONS! One more item to add. ONLY until the opening day @ BLT you cannot use your points at another resort. Since your points cannot be "officially" available until BLT opens in August, you cannot use your points anywhere (including BLT) until it opens. After it does open, you can book @ BLT 11 months out and other resorts @ 7 months out.

For example, in September, if you wanted to stay at Beach Club Villas, you could begin making reservations for April 2010. If you wanted to stay there in October 2010, you could begin making reservations there (as a non-BCV owner) in March (7 months before). Hope that helps/makes sense.

AnnaS
02-22-2009, 09:31 AM
CONGRATULATIONS AND WELCOME HOME!:cool1: :cool1: