PDA

View Full Version : WDW for 4 adults....I'm used to doing WDW with the kids!

labgeek
02-21-2009, 01:28 PM
I am just stumped. My SIL and BIL went to dinner last night and we were talking about wdw. They want to wait till their son is older before they do the family trip. We were married about 6 weeks apart from each other and will be celebrating our 10yr ann. this year. We did wdw in 06 and 08 with our kids.

Initially we were planning no vacation this year, and focus on getting our car paid off and moving closer to my work. But, he said last night if we could go for a few days (we would drive, so 1 day drive, 4 nights there, and come home on day 5) for under 1200.00 we could do it. We are okay with sharing a room with his BIL and SIL to save money.

We would like to do the dining plan, but it's not a must. I would like park hopper, but if it's a make or break, I could do without it. We just want to have some fun!

Any advice or tips would be appreciated. We always did value with the kids. Thanks a lot. Everyone on this board was a great help in planning my last two trips and now I am determined to get to disney for a quickie this summer!!

perriwinkleblue
02-22-2009, 02:39 PM
Personally, I would rather do two value rooms than share a moderate or deluxe with another couple. There's something to be said for privacy, as well as sleeping/watching TV on your own schedule. Or, if you are driving, maybe an offsite condo? There is some great info here on the Disboards on off-site places.

The dining plan would be great for adults only! I would choose the dining plan over park hoppers any day.:thumbsup2

dzee
02-23-2009, 09:52 AM
:wave2: Just read about a place called Undercover Tourist (I am guessing it is a web site) they sell discounted tickets that are new and are genuine. They are Disney authorized. The price includes tax and the tickets are shipped to you free. I have not used it myself but it might not be a bad idea check it out. If you do let me know how it works out!:thumbsup2

sgrabin
02-23-2009, 10:22 AM
To really save money and get better accomodations when traveling with 2 "families" you really should consider renting a 3 or 4 bed condo for the week instead of staying on property. You'll get more bedrooms, more space, more of everthing for same or less money. Plus with the full kitchen and laundry you can save a ton over the dining plan or eating out all the time. Good Luck!

Yes,IStillLoveDisney
02-27-2009, 07:25 PM
I don't know when you are planning on going but look into the buy 4 days/nights and get 3 free. It covers hotel and theme park tickets for about the price you mentioned, when I looked it was maybe $1250 but for 3 more days and if you went during certain times you could get either a 100 or 200 dollar gift card as well. Hope it goes well!

ToddyLu
02-27-2009, 10:46 PM
:) DH and I unfortunately do not have children so we have only had adult trips to Disney. You will have a fabulous time. I agree on getting the 2 rooms but maybe adjoining. We have done value except once. We only sleep in the room or take quick naps. We do not go to the pool since we usually are there in Dec. Last trip we went with my parents and had adjoining rooms for 10 days. It was great, we were on the back of the resort where it was very tranquil and relaxing although a little walk to the bus. Sometimes you just have do things together for yourselves--enjoy your time with one another and let us know how it works out.:cutie:

ToddyLu
02-27-2009, 10:49 PM
:) Isn't adding the park hopper only an extra 50 bucks for the whole 5 days on each ticket--not bad--couldn't do Disney without it...:flower3:

DWFan4Life
03-01-2009, 10:40 PM
I just wanted to say have a great time, have fun and enjoy in your upcoming trip. Looking forward in hearing more from you after you came back.

Have a nice day everyone. :)

catne
03-02-2009, 08:29 AM
We love the dining plan, but there's a couple of things to consider before you start shopping for the least expensive way to do everything...if you want the Dining Plan, you have to book through Disney (or have your travel agent book through Disney) to get a Disney room package (tickets, room and dining plan)

You cannot get the package deals for the Dining Plan by booking through Expedia and similar places. You cannot add the dining plan unless you've booked the room/tickets package through Disney so buying your tickets from a discounter won't help you either. So best crunch all your numbers before going for what looks like the best deal, cuz if you really want the dining plan you can't shop the components.

And also, if you share a room everyone in the room has to be on the same package. So BIL & SIL would have to be on the dining plan too if you're sharing a room.

DisCopper
03-02-2009, 04:46 PM
You say that you're ok with sharing a room, so I say go for one of the Deluxe resorts. If this is going to be an "adult" trip, then you probably aren't going to be kamakazi's in the Parks (not true for all adults, I know).

I would make this a true adult vacation. Get the great resort so that you can relax. Maybe play golf. Sit at the bar by the pool. Relax. The Deluxe resorts are way better for this sort of thing.

Go into the Parks when you feel like it- to do specific things.... but do you have to be there from rope-drop to the wee hours? Maybe you can save money by not doing the Park Hopper this way.

I'm also for the Dining Plan. It's great- if you want relaxing, sit-down meals. Have a drink before dinner- there are some cool bars in the resorts. Go easy and get the great food that you might not get with a bunch of kids in tow.

It sounds like you'll have plenty of kamakazi trips with kids later on. Take this chance to see the peaceful side of Disney.

ToddyLu
03-03-2009, 04:05 PM
:cool1: Booked our October trip today with Park Hopper and DDP. DH and I are going with MIL and BIL as planned. Last year we really enjoyed Wilderness Cafe and Coral Reef which were new for us. Yes the W Cafe was a bit loud but OH! SO Disney!. You get so much food for 1 TS credit--my DH is Pooh sized and BIL is too--DH was stuffed. The Coral Reef was another 1TS credit where the food was really good (and we are from the Gulf Coast and know our seafood). DH wants to go back for the desserts. What ever you plan have a terrific time. :cloud9: