PDA

View Full Version : So I'm wait-listed for Thanksgiving...


zulaya
02-21-2009, 08:51 AM
DS is on the HS swim team and wants to letter. Can't miss any practices if you want to letter. Practice starts on Nov. 30.

So I cancelled our Dec 5-11 and am moving to Thanksgiving week. By the way, I'm at BCV.

I wanted a 2BR with 2Q, but that had fewer days available than a 2BR lockoff.

I did WL the whole 7 days for the 2BR with 2Q, but know that's probably a pipedream.

I did book all but Nov 25 and 26 (Thanksgiving and the day before) in the lockoff.

So my question is, how likely is one of these WL to fill? I'm hoping decent since I'm booking this far out.

Dean
02-21-2009, 09:17 AM
I'd say very likely but not guaranteed. We'll be there thanksgiving staying at OKW on an exchange in through RCI.

CarolMN
02-21-2009, 10:25 AM
I agree with Dean - good chance, but no guarantee.

Lots of plans can change between now and Thanksgiving. Might be some movement at the 7 month window, if not before.

Good luck - to your son and for the waitlist to work!

zulaya
02-21-2009, 10:49 AM
Dean and Carol, thanks for your thoughts. I know it's not guaranteed, but am hopeful I'm far enough out to match.

Question for anyone else...

Have you ever WL this far out and had the WL match? Flip side, too. Have you had it never match this far out?

CarolA
02-21-2009, 10:54 AM
I think I would cancel the 2 queen and waitlist for either SSR or OKW. IMHO it's a much better shot. OKW gives you the two queen beds too...

zulaya
02-21-2009, 10:56 AM
OKW and SSR aren't my home resorts so I can't WL there until April.

But I'm already thinking about those...

Dean
02-21-2009, 01:31 PM
Other than some BCV units, all the 2 BR dedicated units have 2 queens in the second. BWV doesn't have dedicated 2 BR units and OKW has 2 queens in all units including the lockoff's.

zulaya
02-21-2009, 02:20 PM
The 2Q in the 2nd BR is more of a wish than a "must have". It's easier for everyone to have a real bed IMO. But I'd be happy with a 2BR of any kind.

zulaya
02-22-2009, 01:49 PM
bumping for more opinions

dianeschlicht
02-23-2009, 07:31 AM
I think you will likely get lucky at the 7 month booking window. If you don't, you can decide then if you want to pursue a different option. As noted, SSR and OKW are easier to do at 7 months.

If it was me, I'd get nervous about it after the 7 month window passed and it didn't come through, but then , I'm someone who wants to KNOW what is going on!;)

sloneta
02-23-2009, 08:00 AM
Just my personal experience, but I was in the exact same situation last year. Had booked all except the Wednesday and Thursday of Thanksgiving week in a 2BR lockoff for relatives in February. Waitlisted those two days - never came through. Waitlist for a 2BR at SSR did come through, but the BCV never did. Good luck!

zulaya
02-23-2009, 08:37 AM
Diane--

I am totally with you...I HATE having this up in the air. Switching resorts is not my favorite thing, but we'll see what happens.

sloneta-- Thanks for sharing your experience. While I'm hoping that things will work out for me (and I don't mean to ill wish anyone), I'm hoping someone will have to cancel their trip so my dates can get filled.