PDA

View Full Version : Who can follow this and then answer my question??


FIVEFANS
02-20-2009, 10:31 AM
This is what happened to me this morning while making reservations.....

-I currently had a booking at SSR in Oct.

-I ask for 7 mo booking at AKL.

-AKL IS available.

-so now I need to cancel SSR to get AKL so I don't borrow to next use year.

-now CM has to release the AKL booking to cancel the SSR and then..

-for about 1 min I have NO reservations anywhere.....

-It all turned out great and I could not be more excited but...


Here is the question...Can you avoind the 1 min of having nothing?? Without borrowing points (assume I have used most of current year).

Thanks!!!

CarolA
02-20-2009, 10:38 AM
No I don't think you can.

It's a risk.

chalee94
02-20-2009, 10:38 AM
Here is the question...Can you avoind the 1 min of having nothing?? Without borrowing points (assume I have used most of current year).

buy more pts.

Thumper4me
02-20-2009, 10:41 AM
The reservationist should be able to put a "hold" on the new reservation you are acquiring while she/he releases your current reservation.

FIVEFANS
02-20-2009, 10:42 AM
buy more pts.[/QUOTE]

Trust me. I might. :)

mlacreta
02-20-2009, 12:29 PM
The reservationist should be able to put a "hold" on the new reservation you are acquiring while she/he releases your current reservation.

I did the same thing..cancle on ressie to get another at the 7th month window and my points got all messed up..still not fixed after a week and a half so my original reservation is still what stands BUT supposedly the rooms i want to switch to are currently on hold for me to have once this mess gets cleaned up. So if you are really worried about one minute I don't see why you couldn't ask for the hold if you wanted to since they can obviously do that. Although I am still nervous till I see my new reservation in writing!!!

Sandisw
02-20-2009, 12:44 PM
Do CM have the abilty to tell how much availability there is? If I have a room booked that I want to switch at 7 months, can't the CM tell me if that same room type is still available before I switch to the new resort?

Here is what I am thinking: I have 2 nights at VWL book in August. I call to try to switch to BLT. She checks to see if it is available and it is. But I also have her check availabilty at VWL as well before she cancels my 1st ressie.


As long as she is seeing plenty of availabiliyt at VWL, I should be okay right? Or, do CM not have the ability to see HOW MANY rooms are available, just that one is?
(Hope this makes sense).

5forDiz
02-20-2009, 12:57 PM
Do CM have the abilty to tell how much availability there is? If I have a room booked that I want to switch at 7 months, can't the CM tell me if that same room type is still available before I switch to the new resort?

Here is what I am thinking: I have 2 nights at VWL book in August. I call to try to switch to BLT. She checks to see if it is available and it is. But I also have her check availabilty at VWL as well before she cancels my 1st ressie.


As long as she is seeing plenty of availabiliyt at VWL, I should be okay right? Or, do CM not have the ability to see HOW MANY rooms are available, just that one is?
(Hope this makes sense).


afaik MS can see what you've asked about in your post , the problem so to speak is that bit of interim time between cancelling first reservation and booking second, some CMs seem to get it done in a heartbeat while others take longer ( this may not be entirely the CM's fault - it could be high volume on the system at the time that slows the transactions down ). Im my experiences changing reservations I haven't heard of a hold on new reservation while original is cancelled but some posters here have so it wouldn't hurt to ask if this can be done when you make your call.

Best wishes :goodvibes

BeccaG
02-20-2009, 10:57 PM
When I called on the day I shall refer as the opening BLT/THV fiasco :) I asked some questions and was told the following:

1. I was told by MS they can put a hold on a reservation while the cancel another one, although, I have read plenty of posts that indicate this is not often done (or CMs don't know how to do it) and people have ended up with no ressies in the switchover.

2. If you are changing rooms at a resort, they don't need to actually cancel and rebook, in their new system (and maybe the old one too) its viewed as a change. I actually called the day before THVs were released and canceled my existing 2BR SSR ressie to "save time" when I called on "D-day." I found out, I did not have to do this according to the CM I talked to. In fact, he saved time by simply transferring all the guest info from the canceled ressie to the new ressie in a few mouse clicks.

3. When I did call and cancel my ressie on the day prior, I asked about current 2BR availability before I actually canceled my ressie. The CM that day told me that yes there was availability but the new system only let them see five rooms at a time. So there could be 5 2BR available or 55 they could not tell.

That's what I learned! Hope it sheds some light on the situation. . of course some poor CMs could be misinformed or I could have screwed something up in translation but that's my story for now and I am sticking to it!! :thumbsup2