PDA

View Full Version : MA. Posters

Pages : [1] 2

dzee
02-20-2009, 11:13 AM
:wave2:I'm a new poster but an old visitor of the DIS. I'm from MA and I was

wondering if there were any snow people out there like me. :rotfl:

I met one of us yesterday and we both agree that we are SOOOO READY FOR SPRING! :daisy: Thanx for reading!

Disneydonnam
02-20-2009, 12:20 PM
:wave2: Hello from Norwood.

Metro West
02-21-2009, 07:24 AM
http://bestsmileys.com/welcome/11.gif

dizluvah
02-21-2009, 04:44 PM
OP - I am from NH so I understand the desire for the end of the snow - I am so tired of unburying my mailbox after snowblowing/plowing.

To the PP - I was born in good ole Norwood, I used to live on Cypress street....ahem...30+ years ago when I was an elementary school student. :rotfl:

Disneydonnam
02-21-2009, 05:02 PM
OP - I am from NH so I understand the desire for the end of the snow - I am so tired of unburying my mailbox after snowblowing/plowing.

To the PP - I was born in good ole Norwood, I used to live on Cypress street....ahem...30+ years ago when I was an elementary school student. :rotfl:

I grew up on Railroad Ave and went to St. Catherine's also 30+

mass02703
02-21-2009, 11:18 PM
I grew up in Attleboro, but now live in Rhode Island. I am so ready for summer. I'm sick of the cold and the snow. Really looking forward to April vacation in Disney.

michael's mom
02-21-2009, 11:57 PM
Are we really getting a foot of snow! :scared: Hull MA here! I CAN'T WAIT FOR SPRING BECAUSE THEN MY TRIP IS VERY CLOSE!!!!

Jupiter&Wolfe
02-22-2009, 12:16 AM
Welcome!

Born and raised in MA. I love this state, except for at this time of year. Where you'll have a week of nice weather and then BOOM, another snow storm! Honestly, It's just one big Spring tease...

I spend most of my days dreaming of Disney World Weather. :love:

aristocat11
02-22-2009, 02:51 AM
:wave: from Western MA!!

karen l
02-22-2009, 07:46 AM
:welcome: dzee

Another MA resident - also tired of the snow & esp the ice. We're ready for WDW & warm weather!

The Grumpus
02-22-2009, 08:16 AM
Welcome to boards from Dudley! Freeze, melt, freeze, melt, freeze.

-TGr :mad:

MarkinNM
02-22-2009, 11:31 AM
:welcome:

to the DIS!

disneykc9691
02-22-2009, 11:37 AM
hello and welcome. I live in Mashpee on Cape Cod. I'm so ready for srping/ summer and my August vacation to Disney

soontobewed07
02-22-2009, 11:39 AM
Are we really getting a foot of snow! :scared: Hull MA here! I CAN'T WAIT FOR SPRING BECAUSE THEN MY TRIP IS VERY CLOSE!!!!

My SIL lives in Hull I lived there for a short time too and my DH grew up there. Now we live in Lynnfield

michael's mom
02-22-2009, 11:43 AM
Did they graduate from the public school here? I'm almost 30? Are either of them close in age? I may know him/her!

soontobewed07
02-22-2009, 11:50 AM
My DH did he is 36 now and My SIL is 38 my dNephew goes to school there now.

WeRblam
02-22-2009, 12:13 PM
Brrr. its cold outside and so sick of the snow too! We live in Middleton, about 20 miles north of Boston. I am a travel agent and wish I could get out and travel more during these months!!!

Headed to Disney in June for my DD's 16th birthday with three of her closest friends. Boy, I will do anything to get back to the warmth!:rotfl:

jupers
02-22-2009, 01:33 PM
Hi All,

Tuning in from Peabody MA. Previous Poster, I'm just near the Middleton line. We just booked Aug w/free dining.

disneyobessed
02-22-2009, 01:38 PM
Welcome to boards from Dudley! Freeze, melt, freeze, melt, freeze.

-TGr :mad:

Hey Grumpus.. im in webster!!!

perriwinkleblue
02-22-2009, 02:23 PM
Hi again, dzee!!! Is it RAINING where you are today? It's dark and rainy here South of Boston and I can see my green/brown lawn! Not complaining, nothing to shovel, but a little sunshine would be nice.

Oh, how I love Spring :flower1: :flower1: :flower1: :flower1:

kat3668
02-22-2009, 04:34 PM
Hello from Beverly!!! I am so done with winter! Spring cannot come soon enough for me! :goodvibes

Glampire31
02-22-2009, 04:39 PM
Hello all, I'm in Arlington, MA.... I agree with you all... Spring cannot come soon enough... Right now it is raining but it will change over to snow.... We are supposed to get 1-3 inches overnight... We'll see if that happens.. When they say that we usually end up getting more....

I so planning another trip to Disney soon and back to warm weather... :grouphug:

Although right now I am :sick: :grouphug:

MaryEL8775
02-22-2009, 04:53 PM
Hello from Chicopee. It is freezing here and snowing of course. Is it spring yet? I hope there will be school tomorrow to send DD & DS too since they have been out of school for a week for winter break.

dzee
02-23-2009, 08:50 AM
:wave2: Lynnfield! I live in West Peabody right on the Lynnfield - Middleton

line! :woohoo:

So you feel my pain! Oh It's frost bite! :rotfl: SOOOOOO READY FOR

SPRING!!! :yay:

RN2003AZ
02-23-2009, 08:54 AM
Hey Grumpus.. im in webster!!!

I'm in Southbridge (:scared: )

:wave2:

dzee
02-23-2009, 08:54 AM
:woohoo: You and me both! Can't wait for my spring trip either! Can smell the

popcorn and chocolate chip cookies from the bakery now! :rotfl:

dzee
02-23-2009, 09:14 AM
Hi All,

Tuning in from Peabody MA. Previous Poster, I'm just near the Middleton line. We just booked Aug w/free dining.
:wave2: Hi neighbor! I am in Peabody too! Guess you can understand

how ready I am for a WDW Vacation!

Going in April! Think the reason we have gone every April for the

past 12 yrs. is to thaw out!:rotfl:

WE usually go in August also. My DH says we are crazy for going in the

summer but with school vaca. we get to stay for howevere long we
want!: :mickeyjum

MegKate
02-23-2009, 09:19 AM
Hey from Worcester!! :cool1:

dzee
02-23-2009, 09:32 AM
Hi again, dzee!!! Is it RAINING where you are today? It's dark and rainy here South of Boston and I can see my green/brown lawn! Not complaining, nothing to shovel, but a little sunshine would be nice.

Oh, how I love Spring :flower1: :flower1: :flower1: :flower1:
Oh yes it was raining heavy!:umbrella: The wind made it sound like it I was living on the landing strip at Logan!:scared1: When you got up this morning was EVERYTHING frozen solid, car doors windshield wipers, newspaper....? Don't know about where you live but here they only plow and sand the main streets so getting out of my driveway to take my daughter to school was like frozen race car derby!!! :rotfl:
Unfortunately we had snow but couldn't get the shovel because it was solid concrete!:rotfl2: SPRING WERE ARE YOU!!!???:confused3 :flower1: :daisy:

dzee
02-23-2009, 09:41 AM
Hey from Worcester!! :cool1:
Wow! Here we are complaining and you live in Maine! :eek: Guess you know what its like to be COLD, VERY COLD! How much snow do you have? Bet you are counting down the days to SPRING!!!!!!:flower1: :flower1: :daisy: :flower1: :flower1:

MaryEL8775
02-23-2009, 10:15 AM
Ok the funny thing is that I was born and lived for some time in Southbridge but I graduated from High School in Webster.

mejkjj97
02-23-2009, 10:25 AM
Weymouth MA here!!

dizfamily4
02-23-2009, 10:42 AM
Swampscott here!
won't be back down till August.....might try to "squeak" in a trip before then
withdrawals may set in!:goodvibes

dzee
02-23-2009, 11:02 AM
Swampscott here!
won't be back down till August.....might try to "squeak" in a trip before then
withdrawals may set in!:goodvibes

:wave2: Welcome aboard! A person after my own heart! I usually do everything I can to squeak out trips as many times a year as I can! I also use the Disney with drawl excuse!:rotfl: This year we are going April and August! We were also there the week before Christmas,:santa: my favorite time of the year! :banana:

mejkjj97
02-23-2009, 12:14 PM
When in August are you guys going? We are also going in aug (20-25). We were down in the World last August also and everyone we meet was from MA.

RN2003AZ
02-23-2009, 12:24 PM
Ok the funny thing is that I was born and lived for some time in Southbridge but I graduated from High School in Webster.

Both my DH and our familes are born and raised in town. We left for a few years (Scottsdale, AZ) but came back. I'm still not quite sure why!!! I went to high school in Worcester... college in NH.

shadowryter
02-23-2009, 12:58 PM
Greetings from Rutland, MA. I'm really tired of the snow and ice. My backyard still looks like a battlefield from the ice storm in Dec. Please hurry Spring, regardless of my allergies.:goodvibes

sue Z
02-24-2009, 06:48 PM

born brought up and still lives in Quincy
works in east braintree
off to WDW on St Patty's day!!!!!!

have family in Hull(aunt uncle cousins) been there for quite a long time my uncles brother owns Schooners. we used to have a race in the summer in memory of one of my cousins on Nantasket Beach

gardengirl628
02-24-2009, 07:08 PM
signing in from Shrewsbury! this winter has been horrid, and I'm totally ready for some nice weather. we got teased a couple of weeks ago.

princess&her4princes
02-24-2009, 07:46 PM
Hi and Welcome!!! Grew up on the Cape in Dennis and now live in Plymouth!!:goodvibes I'm with you, had enough of the snow this year!!

dzee
02-24-2009, 09:42 PM
When in August are you guys going? We are also going in aug (20-25). We were down in the World last August also and everyone we meet was from MA.

We haven't nailed down the dates yet.:confused3 My DH is trying to get a handle on his schedule within the next week or so so I can make my ressies! :mickeyjum But the dates we go are usually around the dates you are going. We should have a MA meet and greet!!:grouphug:

mejkjj97
02-25-2009, 01:57 PM
We haven't nailed down the dates yet.:confused3 My DH is trying to get a handle on his schedule within the next week or so so I can make my ressies! :mickeyjum But the dates we go are usually around the dates you are going. We should have a MA meet and greet!!:grouphug:

That would be great if we could get a MA meet. It's most likely going to be just my DH and DD. His parents might join us but it's always fun meeting up with others!!

jog58
02-25-2009, 02:04 PM
Big hello from Holbrook! :wave2:

dzee
02-25-2009, 02:58 PM
That would be great if we could get a MA meet. It's most likely going to be just my DH and DD. His parents might join us but it's always fun meeting up with others!!

You know it's funny:laughing: but we always meet somebody from MA on our trips too! :thumbsup2, especiallyl on our April vaca's!! We even meet cast members from MA in just about every park ,they are the smart ones! I guess all us snow people go down there in April to thaw out like that kid in the Campbell soup commercial!:rotfl:
:woohoo: I think it's fun having a MA thread so all us frozen tundra Disney lovers can gripe how cold:cold: it is and how much we miss WDW and the sunshine!:rotfl2:

dzee
02-25-2009, 03:02 PM
Big hello from Holbrook! :wave2:

:wave: HI Holbrook! You had enough of old man:cold: winter too?:laughing:

jog58
02-25-2009, 03:12 PM
:wave: HI Holbrook! You had enough of old man:cold: winter too?:laughing:

To say the least!

I do not enjoy morning temperatures lower than my age! :sad2:

dzee
02-25-2009, 03:50 PM
To say the least!

I do not enjoy morning temperatures lower than my age! :sad2:

I hear ya!:lmao: But spring is on it's way right, I hope????::eek: Living in NE one can never be sure! :confused3

WeRblam
02-25-2009, 04:19 PM
Hi All,

I love going in August and the free dining is a great deal!!! How long are you going for and which resort are you staying? We will be at the Poly...

DWFan4Life
02-25-2009, 07:31 PM
Hello everyone. Welcome to DISboards. Some or my friends are going to be there at exactly the same month! They are staying at POFQ.

Have a nice day. :)

dzee
02-26-2009, 08:01 AM
Hello everyone. Welcome to DISboards. Some or my friends are going to be there at exactly the same month! They are staying at POFQ.

Have a nice day. :)

Are your friends from MA?:woohoo: There seems to be so many WDW lovers from MA!:thumbsup2

KevGuy
02-26-2009, 08:07 AM
Yup, some day I'm gonna get that Punxsutawney Phil guy and take him out back lol. :rotfl2:

dzee
02-26-2009, 08:21 AM
Can I watch!!!!???? :lmao: He should be SOOOOO fired!:mad: :rotfl:

jog58
02-26-2009, 10:43 AM
I hear ya!:lmao: But spring is on it's way right, I hope????::eek: Living in NE one can never be sure! :confused3

Freak snowstorm in April anyone? :eek:

dzee
02-26-2009, 11:58 AM

Pining for one like the freak April 1st storm of 1997 are we!!? :scared1: :lmao:

Here in NE nothing surprises me!!!!!:rotfl:

mumdee
02-26-2009, 12:07 PM
I'm from Hubbardston and we're looking to go to Disney in November...the week after Thanksgiving. I'm reading all about booking before I commit, though. I just signed up here today and I'm pretty happy I did!!!

dzee
02-26-2009, 01:15 PM
I'm from Hubbardston and we're looking to go to Disney in November...the week after Thanksgiving. I'm reading all about booking before I commit, though. I just signed up here today and I'm pretty happy I did!!!

:wave2: Welcome aboard!! That's a great time to go,the Thanksgiving crowds have died down and the Christmas:santa: decorations are up! It's Christmas:santa: time in Disney!!! To me the best time of the year to be there!!!! :yay: If you have any questions:confused3 feel free to ask!! You will find everything you need to know right here!!!:thumbsup2 pixiedust:

jog58
02-26-2009, 01:16 PM

Welcome, mumdee!! :)

mumdee
02-26-2009, 02:20 PM
Thanks guys!!! :love:

I have already learned a lot...although I haven't got much work done today. ;)

goofy4tink
02-26-2009, 02:31 PM

:wave2: Welcome aboard! A person after my own heart! I usually do everything I can to squeak out trips as many times a year as I can! I also use the Disney with drawl excuse!:rotfl: This year we are going April and August! We were also there the week before Christmas,:santa: my favorite time of the year! :banana:

We're going then too...April 20-24 and August 14-21..BWV both times!!
As long as it isn't just before I have to fly out...but I figure April 20 should be safe...right??

Hi all.....from central Mass!!!

jimmiej
02-26-2009, 02:44 PM
How about halfway? ;) My mom is from Fitchburg, Mass (I'm a native Texan). I've spent many a summer in your beautiful state. Thankfully, no winters!

I have relatives in Fitchburg, Leominster, Ashburnham, & Gardner (excuse me, Gahd-na).

:)

jog58
02-26-2009, 03:08 PM

As long as it isn't just before I have to fly out...but I figure April 20 should be safe...right??

April 20th would be THE freak of freak snowstorms. :)

jog58
02-26-2009, 03:09 PM
How about halfway? ;) My mom is from Fitchburg, Mass (I'm a native Texan). I've spent many a summer in your beautiful state. Thankfully, no winters!

I have relatives in Fitchburg, Leominster, Ashburnham, & Gardner (excuse me, Gahd-na).

:)

Welcome jimmiej!

dzee
02-26-2009, 03:26 PM

We are going April 16 -24 and staying at SSR ! :woohoo: I sure hope we don't get a storm b4 we leave!!:scared1: Now if it were to come while I was at WDW and I couldn't leave............:banana: :dance3: :cool1: :yay: :cheer2: :rotfl:

DOPEYLUVER
02-26-2009, 03:26 PM
I live right outside Fitchburg in Townsend. I'll be going to WDW in just three short weeks. WOOT HOOT!!!

I don't care if the spring ever comes because I'm going to where it will surely be springtime AND during the flower season at Epcot.

:flower3: :flower3: :flower3:

dzee
02-26-2009, 03:34 PM
[QUOTE=jimmiej;30515069]How about halfway? ;) My mom is from Fitchburg, Mass (I'm a native Texan). I've spent many a summer in your beautiful state. Thankfully, no winters!

:)[/QUOTE

You definitely qualify for MA poster!!:thumbsup2 You're half New Englander!!! I would love to WINTER in your beautiful state.:yay: I'm sooo done with old man winter!!!! :cold: :scared1:

dzee
02-27-2009, 05:44 PM
:thumbsup2ANYONE FROM NE ON A LESS THAN 50 DAY COUNT DOWN TO THE :worship:'HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH'?:cool1::woohoo::cheer2::banana::dance3::yay ::woohoo::cool1:

LexisAuntieLala
02-27-2009, 07:03 PM
I will be there in less than 3 weeks!! Started out counting at over 180 days and am now down to 18!! I've got to get packing! I live in Acton after a bunch of years living in the city..:yay:

Dawnzy
02-27-2009, 07:13 PM
Hi I'm from South Hadley out here in western MA and I'm leaving for WDW tomorrow morning :yay: We're driving so we will be there on Sunday and we will be celebrating my FILs 71st Bday :bday: on Wednesday.

princess&her4princes
02-27-2009, 07:14 PM
I will be there in less than 3 weeks!! Started out counting at over 180 days and am now down to 18!! I've got to get packing! I live in Acton after a bunch of years living in the city..:yay:

Hi I'm from South Hadley out here in western MA and I'm leaving for WDW tomorrow morning :yay: We're driving so we will be there on Sunday and we will be celebrating my FILs 71st Bday :bday: on Wednesday.

Hope you both have great trips!! Send some of the warm air here!!:wizard:

dzee
02-27-2009, 07:23 PM
:thumbsup2 Wow I wish I was down to 3 weeks !!! :sad2: Every time we plan
to go It can never come fast enough!!! :laughing: We live on the North Shore
in Peabody which I like to refer to as the Antarctica:cold: !!!
I BET YOUR AS READY FOR SPRING AS I AM!!!:flower1: :daisy: :flower1: :daisy:

Have a magical trip!!pixiedust:

MegKate
02-27-2009, 07:31 PM
Wow! Here we are complaining and you live in Maine! :eek: Guess you know what its like to be COLD, VERY COLD! How much snow do you have? Bet you are counting down the days to SPRING!!!!!!:flower1: :flower1: :daisy: :flower1: :flower1:

I spent last week at home in Worcester and let me tell you it felt like summer compared to Northern Maine LOL! We got up to 45 one day and I had the sunroof open! :lmao:

Up here we had -40's and -50's about 3 weeks ago. The snow depth is about 5 feet. I need Spring! But it was good to be home to see grass... albeit dead grass, but still! :laughing:

dzee
02-27-2009, 07:36 PM

That's great!:thumbsup2 Have done that drive:drive: many times and I don't think it's all that bad!!! Hope the weather:umbrella: cooperates and the trip is a smooth one!! Happy B-day:bday: to your FIL! No better place to spend your special day than with the Mouse!:mickeyjum Will be looking forward to hearing about your trip!! :cool1: Safe Travel!:angel:
Have a Magical Time!!pixiedust:

dzee
02-27-2009, 07:50 PM
I spent last week at home in Worcester and let me tell you it felt like summer compared to Northern Maine LOL! We got up to 45 one day and I had the sunroof open! :lmao:

Up here we had -40's and -50's about 3 weeks ago. The snow depth is about 5 feet. I need Spring! But it was good to be home to see grass... albeit dead grass, but still! :laughing:

How funny is it that the minute we hit the forties here we throw open the windows and break out the shorts!! :rotfl2: In Fla.they would be wearing parkas, long johns, boots,hats and mittens!!:laughing: No really, I remember that 45 degree day very well because my DH and I went out to do some shopping and couldn't believe our eyes: A man in shorts' a t-shirt and FLIP FLOPS walking out of the store!!!!:rotfl: :lmao: Wow were people looking at him like he had a screw lose!!:crazy: Including us!!:rotfl2:
My parents and brother live up in the Lakes Region of NH and they too have quite a bit of snow. I guess the temps.have been below zero there too! :cold: Sooo ready for spring!!:daisy: :daisy: :flower1:

oakmanner
02-28-2009, 12:42 AM
Lawrence checking in here! Heading to our southern home, SSR on May 14th!:cool1:

dzee
02-28-2009, 08:56 AM
Lawrence checking in here! Heading to our southern home, SSR on May 14th!:cool1:

Great oakmanner!:banana: Have a magical trip! pixiedust: 46 more days for us!! :yay: With another 6-8 inches of snow coming !!! :scared1: :cold: I am sooooo ready for my annual spring thaw trip!!:rotfl: :beach:

sue Z
02-28-2009, 10:18 AM
:thumbsup2ANYONE FROM NE ON A LESS THAN 50 DAY COUNT DOWN TO THE :worship:'HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH'?:cool1::woohoo::cheer2::banana::dance3::yay ::woohoo::cool1:

im on the 2 week watch now!!:banana: :banana: leaving St patty's day!!!

LexisAuntieLala
02-28-2009, 12:45 PM

Us too!!

jimmiej
02-28-2009, 01:20 PM
You definitely qualify for MA poster!!:thumbsup2 You're half New Englander!!! I would love to WINTER in your beautiful state.:yay: I'm sooo done with old man winter!!!! :cold: :scared1:

Winter? What's that? It was 90 degrees here yesterday! :confused3 August should be fun...:sad2:

soontobewed07
02-28-2009, 01:53 PM
Leaving in 2 days hopefully we can fly out!

dzee
02-28-2009, 02:32 PM
Winter? What's that? It was 90 degrees here yesterday! :confused3 August should be fun...:sad2:

:thumbsup2 Well I have to say yesterday was gorgeous here!!!:woohoo: It was 60 degrees!!!:sunny: I hate when spring just teases us and then disappears!!! :confused: And today back to the 30's!! :mad: And to add insult to injury its going to snow for 2 days!!!!!!! :scared1: Could get up to 8 inches!! :sad2: Old man winter saw that the warmth melted the blanket of snow that covered us for the last 2 months and thought we needed a spanking clean new one!! :rotfl: I AM SOOOOO SICK OF WINTER!!!!!!!!:eek: :scared1: :cold: :cold:

dzee
02-28-2009, 02:39 PM
I wish you luck!! :shamrock: I hope you get to leave this frozen:cold: waste land and get down to warm:sunny: breezes and sunny Disney skies!!! :mickeyjum Have a great trip!!!!:cool1: :woohoo: :yay: :dance3: :cheer2:

dzee
02-28-2009, 02:43 PM

Bet you can't wait to get out of this coooold,:cold: :cold: snowy weather!!! :thumbsup2 Have a great trip and St Patty's:shamrock: day At WDW! :yay:

dzee
02-28-2009, 02:46 PM
Us too!!

:shamrock: :shamrock: Hope you Have a great trip!!!:shamrock: :shamrock:
:banana: :cheer2: :thumbsup2 :cool1: :yay: :dance3:

MaryEL8775
02-28-2009, 06:37 PM

How cool that we are neighbors. I am in Chicopee. We actually live in the Aldenville section... Hope you have a safe trip and come back soon. Maybe when you come back home we can do lunch. :)

DisneyFam09
02-28-2009, 07:28 PM
HI :wave: checking in from the south coast, Fall River.
New to the boards and finding them very helpful. Can't wait to leave my winter coat home and wear my summer gear in a few weeks!!

Dawnzy
02-28-2009, 08:12 PM
How cool that we are neighbors. I am in Chicopee. We actually live in the Aldenville section... Hope you have a safe trip and come back soon. Maybe when you come back home we can do lunch. :)

Hi there neighbor:) We are on our way, we left at 5am and we are just over the SC border staying over night and it won't be long before we are HOME:woohoo:
My daughter lives in Chicopee off of Front St.

Krisy1301
02-28-2009, 08:42 PM
:wave2:I'm a new poster but an old visitor of the DIS. I'm from MA and I was

wondering if there were any snow people out there like me. :rotfl:

I met one of us yesterday and we both agree that we are SOOOO READY FOR SPRING! :daisy: Thanx for reading!

Helllooooo from Southie! Going to the World in Aug!!!

dzee
02-28-2009, 10:00 PM
New to the boards and finding them very helpful. Can't wait to leave my winter coat home and wear my summer gear in a few weeks!!

:wave2: Welcome Aboard!! I know what you mean will be shedding my winter coat in just about six weeks!! :yay: Don't know if I can wait that long!!!:rotfl:

dzee
02-28-2009, 10:14 PM
[QUOTE=Krisy1301;30556769]Helllooooo from Southie! Going to the World in Aug!!![/QUOTE

:wave2: Hi Southie! August:beach: is usually the month that we take our summer vacation to the World! There was talk in earlier posts about an Aug. MA meet and greet:wave: because so many of us may be there at this time! Sounds like that might be fun!!?:banana: :woohoo: :laughing:

WaitingToMeetDumbo
03-01-2009, 01:10 AM
:wave: Hello from Norton!
I grew up in West Roxbury and DH grew up in Dedham.

We just booked a 2BR at BCV for Sept. 26 thru Oct. 4. :cool1:

Everybody stay safe and warm this week...we're in for a snowy one, I'm afraid.

Krisy1301
03-01-2009, 01:52 AM
[QUOTE=Krisy1301;30556769]Helllooooo from Southie! Going to the World in Aug!!![/QUOTE

:wave2: Hi Southie! August:beach: is usually the month that we take our summer vacation to the World! There was talk in earlier posts about an Aug. MA meet and greet:wave: because so many of us may be there at this time! Sounds like that might be fun!!?:banana: :woohoo: :laughing:

Hey dzee! I would totally be up for it but I'm not sure I will be able to since I am going Aug 28th to the beginning of September...but hey I will keep my eyes open for what the plan is about that..

So you are going to the World in August as well? Where are you planning on staying? We got a timeshare switch last minute which saved us from losing points and allowed us to go back to Disney after going this past November! We are pumped because we have never stayed in the villas before!:yay:

dzee
03-01-2009, 11:52 AM
[QUOTE=dzee;30558275]

Hey dzee! I would totally be up for it but I'm not sure I will be able to since I am going Aug 28th to the beginning of September...but hey I will keep my eyes open for what the plan is about that..

So you are going to the World in August as well? Where are you planning on staying? We got a timeshare switch last minute which saved us from losing points and allowed us to go back to Disney after going this past November! We are pumped because we have never stayed in the villas before!:yay:

Hey Krisy,

WVs is one of my home resorts. :yay: We stayed there this past August when my DD danced:dance3: at the Magic Kingdom with her dance school. It is definitely high on my list!!! :thumbsup2 So much to do at night when you get back from the parks, restaurants,shops,ice cream,carnival gamespopcorn:: ,live performers, ESPN club to check out the SOX games and not to mention it's so close to EPCOT and DHS both within walking distance (of course there are boats to take you there too)! Great fun place!!!:cheer2:
August :beach: seems soooo far away ,especially now with the potential of 12-14 or more inches of snow heading our way!!!! :scared1: :cold::scared1: Just when all the dirty snow was just about gone :sad2: and those teasing temps. of 60 degrees just a few days ago old man winter rears his ugly head again!!!:cold: Will he EVER go away??? :rotfl: :scared1: :eek:
We are planning to stay at VWL (I hope)!!It sure would be fun to get a group of MA. Disney lovers together! :grouphug: Hope we can work something out!

dzee
03-01-2009, 12:00 PM
:wave: Hello from Norton!
I grew up in West Roxbury and DH grew up in Dedham.

We just booked a 2BR at BCV for Sept. 26 thru Oct. 4. :cool1:

Everybody stay safe and warm this week...we're in for a snowy one, I'm afraid.

Hey Norton,

:thumbsup2 Fellow DVCer I see! Great place to stay so close to everything and so much to do in that area!!!!:yay:
I had a cousin who lived in Norton. It's a very nice town!!! Her husband got a new job and they just moved to Georgia this past Nov.!!! :sad2: After this week I envy her!! :mad: :rotfl: Stay warm!:cold:

sue Z
03-01-2009, 04:40 PM
so glad my trip to WDW is only a couple weeks away as I'm sick and tired of the cold and snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DOPEYLUVER
03-01-2009, 05:18 PM
so glad my trip to WDW is only a couple weeks away as I'm sick and tired of the cold and snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My trip is with a friend who lives in Florida. I sent him an e-mail today saying that I didn't care that we had yet another snow storm to deal with, I was just happy to have my trip coming up. And as of today, I can say my trip is this month. :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

mejkjj97
03-01-2009, 05:42 PM
I am so jealous of all of you. I am not leaving until August. The fun of having a husband that is a teacher.

Pirates4me
03-01-2009, 06:50 PM
Orleans,Cape Cod here. Totally sick of cold witer weather. We hit Old Key west in 20 days!

gardengirl628
03-01-2009, 08:30 PM
enjoy the snow tonight everybody! my dd is crossing her fingers for a snow day tomorrow!

DOPEYLUVER
03-01-2009, 09:34 PM
enjoy the snow tonight everybody! my dd is crossing her fingers for a snow day tomorrow!

School has already been cancelled for my DD and she is happy as can be even though they already lost February school vacation.

perla75
03-01-2009, 10:22 PM
School has already been cancelled for my DD and she is happy as can be even though they already lost February school vacation.

Why did she lose Feb. vacation? Do you live in the Hillstowns for that ice storm we had?

splashmountain86
03-01-2009, 10:24 PM

I am also from the good ol south coast! I reside in dartmouth, and my DGF is from Fall Rivah :thumbsup2 Only 20 more days until i am in Florida's sunshine! This whole snow thing is killing me :headache:

MaryEL8775
03-02-2009, 01:30 AM
Ugh it is snowing here in Chicopee. I hope they don't cancel school but I can't promise anything. I know that alot of schools in CT are already canceled.

tigger813
03-02-2009, 05:16 AM

We are !!!!Can't wait especially today looking at the heavy blowing snow outside my window!

Expecting about a foot here in Littleton. Grew up in West Boylston, DH grew up in Saugus, glad they're getting more than 4 inches so the roads will get plowed!

tigger813
03-02-2009, 05:19 AM

Hey neighbor! Acton beat Littleton for a change in calling school due to the weather!

DOPEYLUVER
03-02-2009, 06:20 AM
Why did she lose Feb. vacation? Do you live in the Hillstowns for that ice storm we had?

Yes, we are just outside Fitchburg. I think she was out of school from December 11 (the day of the storm) until after the first of the year. I work for a non-profit in Fitchburg and recruited my kids to deliver meals to shelters. One of the people I work with still didn't have electricity for Christmas.

She's missed a few other days in addition to the ice storm.

oakmanner
03-02-2009, 06:36 AM
No school up here in the Merrimack Valley!

jog58
03-02-2009, 08:27 AM
http://graphics.boston.com/images/bostondirtdogs//Headline_Archives/fans_boo.jpg
http://www.erh.noaa.gov/rnk/Newsletter/Fall%202006/Climatology_of_Heavy_Snow_files/heavy_snow.jpg

shadowryter
03-02-2009, 08:36 AM
No school in Rutland. Didn't find out until 5:10 this morning. DD will have Feb break but she has to make up her Dec days by going to school this Sat, then the 21 and now I guess April 4th.:sad2:

WeRblam
03-02-2009, 08:55 AM
No school in Rutland. Didn't find out until 5:10 this morning. DD will have Feb break but she has to make up her Dec days by going to school this Sat, then the 21 and now I guess April 4th.:sad2:

Wow - School on Saturdays - YIKES! This is the 3rd snowday for my DD, all the others were late delays. We are leaving on the 29th of June for Disney - I just hope we don't have any more days because we are now cutting it close LOL :rotfl: :rotfl:

princess&her4princes
03-02-2009, 09:00 AM
No school here in Plymouth today!! Come on SPRING!!:wizard:

dzee
03-02-2009, 09:47 AM
They called school here in Peabody early last night! :cold: My DD goes to Bishop Fenwick ! The principal Sr.Cathy has an automated call service that lets us know if there will be no school. Needless to say DD was waiting :worship: breathlessly for the telephone to ring!!!:rotfl: Here's hoping that school :confused3 won't be in session till July!!!!!:scared1: :rotfl2: Spring :flower1: :woohoo: PLEEEEASE hurry up I'm SOOOO ready !! :rotfl:

dzee
03-02-2009, 10:10 AM
We are !!!!Can't wait especially today looking at the heavy blowing snow outside my window!

Expecting about a foot here in Littleton. Grew up in West Boylston, DH grew up in Saugus, glad they're getting more than 4 inches so the roads will get plowed!

We will be there at the same time!!!:thumbsup2 Our dates are April 15-24!!! We will be staying at SSR. :cool1: Love the savanna view at AKL!! I love watching the animals, I think it's better than TV!!! :laughing:
We have about 8-9 inches:cold: :sad2: here in Peabody and we may get a few more this afternoon!! UHGGGG! :scared1:
I cant' wait to hit The Mouse House!! :mickeyjum I may just get down and kiss the ground on Main Street when I get there!!!:rotfl: :rotfl2: Oh Spring where are you???:confused3 I am sooo ready for sunshine, warmer temps.and NO SNOW!!!:woohoo: :banana: :cheer2: :cool1:

dzee
03-02-2009, 09:46 PM
Hey Snowpeople,

How did everyone like our beautiful weather today??:sad2: :cold: Any sore backs out there??? :sad1: I can't believe it snowed again!! :cold: My backyard is full of the yuckie white stuff again!! :eek: And after I was so excited with the 60 degree weather I went out and bought a bunch of bulbs and garden tools!!!!:yay: Guess I won't be planting them for a while!!! :sad2: :rotfl: I soooo need a vacation!!! :banana: Anyone else feel the same as I do!!???:confused:

DOPEYLUVER
03-03-2009, 08:16 AM
It's sunny and 13 degrees right now as I look out my window. I don't care. Let it get colder - bring on the snow. I'm going to WDW in:

FIFTEEN DAYS

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

dzee
03-03-2009, 08:51 AM
It's sunny and 13 degrees right now as I look out my window. I don't care. Let it get colder - bring on the snow. I'm going to WDW in:

FIFTEEN DAYS

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Lucky you!!!!!:thumbsup2 I still have 43 more to go!! :sad2: I keep my thoughts focused on the warmth and sunshine :sunny: I will be experiencing, in now less than 6 weeks!! :worship: :yay: I am a soooooo sick of winter:cold: :cold: !!!!! :scared1: COME ON SPRING!!!!:cheer2: :rotfl: :flower1: :flower1: :flower1:

jog58
03-03-2009, 09:34 AM
Lucky you!!!!!:thumbsup2 I still have 43 more to go!! :sad2: I keep my thoughts focused on the warmth and sunshine :sunny: I will be experiencing, in now less than 6 weeks!! :worship: :yay: I am a soooooo sick of winter:cold: :cold: !!!!! :scared1: COME ON SPRING!!!!:cheer2: :rotfl: :flower1: :flower1: :flower1:

I have 64 days to go and it can't come fast enough!

dzee
03-03-2009, 10:18 AM
I have 64 days to go and it can't come fast enough!

Tell me about it!!!!! :sad2: After yesterday I'm soooooooooo ready to go!!! :worship: Just tired of being cold I guess!!!! :cold: If I could've teleported myself there yesterday I would have!!!!!:teleport::rotfl:

jog58
03-03-2009, 10:23 AM
Tell me about it!!!!! :sad2: After yesterday I'm soooooooooo ready to go!!! :worship: Just tired of being cold I guess!!!! :cold: If I could've teleported myself there yesterday I would have!!!!!:teleport::rotfl:

I spent an hour digging out my car to no avail. I drive a PT Cruiser and the hamsters just couldn't get the wheels spinning fast enough. Hubby and I head back upstairs SOAKING wet, just to have to go back out 2 hours later and do it again. I have to make sure to thank my dad this weekend for his decision to migrate from Dominican Republic to the Northeast instead of Florida.

UrsulasShadow
03-03-2009, 11:04 AM
Hey...where'd my stinkin' driveway go?

You know, I'd love to go green, honestly I would...but it's winters like this that make me very glad for my monster 4WD truck.

dzee
03-03-2009, 11:11 AM
I spent an hour digging out my car to no avail. I drive a PT Cruiser and the hamsters just couldn't get the wheels spinning fast enough. Hubby and I head back upstairs SOAKING wet, just to have to go back out 2 hours later and do it again. I have to make sure to thank my dad this weekend for his decision to migrate from Dominican Republic to the Northeast instead of Florida.

Just think if he hadn't moved to the Northeast you would never know the joys of shoveling and a sore back!!!:rotfl::lmao::rotfl2: The older I get the moving to Florida thing sounds like a good idea!!! :beach: I'm soooooooo over the cold weather!!!!:cold::eek:

dzee
03-03-2009, 11:17 AM
Hey...where'd my stinkin' driveway go?

You know, I'd love to go green, honestly I would...but it's winters like this that make me very glad for my monster 4WD truck.

Know what you mean!!! :laughing: I loved seeing my lawn and I didn't even care that it was brown!!!:rotfl: :lmao:

vanillarum
03-03-2009, 02:41 PM
Danvers, Mass checking in. I could use some warmth and Disney magic right about now !!

dzee
03-03-2009, 10:16 PM
Danvers, Mass checking in. I could use some warmth and Disney magic right about now !!

Hi neighbor!!! :wave2: Peabody here and warmth is a word I understand!!! :cold: My Disney trip is less than 6 weeks away!!!:cool1::yay: I would rather have
pixie dust pixiedust:falling around me than SNOW!!!! :cold: :flower1::flower1::flower1::flower1::flower1::flow er1: Come on Spring!!! :flower1::flower1::flower1::flower1::flower1::flow er1:

momof2minnies
03-04-2009, 06:48 AM
Western Ma here- Westfield. Can't stand the weather anymore and we already had our trip in January.We are usually there this week,well it is not too warm there either actually.

DH snowblower died after his first pass on Monday- SPRING please get here.

Linda

dzee
03-04-2009, 07:58 AM
[quote=momof2minnies;30623097]Western Ma here- Westfield. Can't stand the weather anymore and we already had our trip in January.We are usually there this week,well it is not too warm there either actually.

DH snowblower died after his first pass on Monday- SPRING please get here.

Linda[/quote

Hi Linda,
How was the weather in Jan.? :confused: That's my b-day month and and I have always hated it waaaay to long and waaay to cooood! :cold: Could never have a party that didn't have to be canceled because of weather!!! I soooooo agree :flower1::flower1:SPRING HURRY UP PLEEEEEASE!!!!!!!:flower1::flower1:

Cthia
03-04-2009, 08:38 AM
:wave2: Wow I can't get over how many MA members there are.

I live in Central Mass, Douglas, where all three states border each other. I work in Worcester. Was born in Attleboro.

For the poster that is thinking of going after Thanksgiving, we went last year, in 2006 and 2002. That is our favorite time of year. I love the Christmas decorations and the parks aren't that crowded. It is starting to pick up around that time of year but nothing like Thanksgiving week. We didn't wait more than 10 minutes to get on a ride.

Our next trip is in September. We bought into DVC on our last trip and have to use our DP before Oct 3. So we are doing a split stay at SSR and AKL. If we didn't need to before Oct 3 we would go after Thanksgiving again.

dzee
03-04-2009, 09:03 AM
:wave2: Wow I can't get over how many MA members there are.

I live in Central Mass, Douglas, where all three states border each other. I work in Worcester. Was born in Attleboro.

For the poster that is thinking of going after Thanksgiving, we went last year, in 2006 and 2002. That is our favorite time of year. I love the Christmas decorations and the parks aren't that crowded. It is starting to pick up around that time of year but nothing like Thanksgiving week. We didn't wait more than 10 minutes to get on a ride.

Our next trip is in September. We bought into DVC on our last trip and have to use our DP before Oct 3. So we are doing a split stay at SSR and AKL. If we didn't need to before Oct 3 we would go after Thanksgiving again.

Hi Cthia,

I know!!!:thumbsup2 There are loads of MA posters!!! :surfweb: All longing for warmer weather I guess!!!:confused3 :rotfl: Christmas:santa: is the best time of year by far, to me anyway!!! :yay: We bought our latest DVC property in Dec. at BLT.:woohoo: We are so looking forward to our up coming Dec. stay there.pixiedust: Do you own at AKV? That is a great resort too! :thumbsup2 I would love to go Sept.- Oct. have never been! :sad2: We are thinking of making a quick trip for Halloween.:scared1: I hear its also a great time of year to go. Have you or anyone out there been there for Halloween? :confused: Would love to hear about it!!! ;) :flower3: Great to meet you Cthia!!!:cool1: :cheer2: :dance3: :yay:

Cthia
03-04-2009, 09:51 AM
:) We bought into AKL. My DH didn't like the style of the BLT and we loved the AKL when we stayed there in 2006. There was no point in us buying into a resort he has no desire to stay at.

The closest to Halloween I have gone was in 2007 the weekend before and it was during the F&W festival. It was definitely a crowded time but manageable. It was a solo trip for me so I didn't have to worry about standing in lines with my kids. Before that we went Columbus Day week in 2003 before I had my youngest. Weather wise it was definitely hotter. I attended MNSSHP both times.

I have had friends that have gone Halloween, I haven't heard them say they will never go back then so I will assume that is a good thing. If you plan on attending MNSSHP make sure you buy your tickets early, they sell out for that night.

PlutoGirl1117
03-04-2009, 10:06 AM
Milford girl checking in!

Bring on SPRING! :thumbsup2

dzee
03-04-2009, 10:12 AM
:thumbsup2 Thanks for the tips!! I really want to experience Halloween once at WDW!!:) I just wish I had done it when my kids were little tho!!! I hear US has a sick Halloween attraction!! :eek: Very scarey:scared1: and told a little too intense for little ones!! :scared1: :scared1: My boys have wanted to do this for awhile,so maybe that"s what they can do! My 14 year old DD has no desire for that so we would stick with WDW!!!;) princess: Thanks for the info!!!:woohoo:

dzee
03-04-2009, 10:16 AM
:wave2: Hi PlutoGirl1117!!
:thumbsup2 Oh I soooo agree!!! :flower1: :flower1: SPRING PLEEEEASE HURRY!!!:flower1: :flower1: :flower1: :butterfly :flower1: :flower1: :butterfly

wic0721
03-04-2009, 07:11 PM
Hello from Templeton :wave2:

After Mondays storm, I am oh so ready for Spring to start...sounds like we are going to get some nice weather this weekend though!:woohoo:

dzee
03-05-2009, 10:21 AM
:wave2: Hi wic0721!!

:yay: I am so excited!!!:yay: :yay: :yay: They are predicting 50's by the weekend!! :woohoo: Come on NE-ers don't tell your not excited that we may finally get rid of(maybe for good this time) the snow:cold: blanket!! :banana: :flower1: I for one have hope that SPRING is finally on it"s way!!!!:flower1:

jupers
03-05-2009, 11:05 AM
Hi,

I already checked in from Peabody, but I'm starting to see more North Shore people.

I may lose my mind if spring doesn't come soon! Thank Goodness I'm getting out of town for April vacation!!! I think I'm losing it!!:scared1:

dzee
03-05-2009, 12:02 PM
Hi,

I already checked in from Peabody, but I'm starting to see more North Shore people.

I may lose my mind if spring doesn't come soon! Thank Goodness I'm getting out of town for April vacation!!! I think I'm losing it!!:scared1:

Hey jupers,

How was your street in Peabody plowed??:confused3 On our street we needed a dog sled to get around!!!:lmao: :rotfl: :flower1: :flower1: SPRING WHERE ARE YOU!!???? :flower1: :flower1: Thank goodness it will be in the 50's this weekend!!!:cheer2: :cool1: :woohoo: :worship:
I know what you mean, I'm down to 41 days!!! :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: I reeeealy need my April vaca this year!! :worship: Can't come soon enough for me!!!:dance3: :yay: :thumbsup2 :banana:

MerMom60_94
03-05-2009, 12:23 PM
Hi Everyone!! :wave2: I'm from Abington and I'll be leaving April 17th to head down for a week at the World. This is our annual trek - I can't imagine how we would ever get through the winter without our trip!

Last weekend my DD princess: and I :shamrock: countered the weather by sorting through our summer clothes and going shopping for shorts and short sleeve tops. Nothing like shopping for summer clothes during a blizzard to keep our spirits up. :hmghost: :jumping3: It can snow all it wants. I'm going swimming in 43 days. :fish:

mejkjj97
03-05-2009, 12:28 PM
Hi Everyone!! :wave2: I'm from Abington and I'll be leaving April 17th to head down for a week at the World. This is our annual trek - I can't imagine how we would ever get through the winter without our trip!

Last weekend my DD princess: and I :shamrock: countered the weather by sorting through our summer clothes and going shopping for shorts and short sleeve tops. Nothing like shopping for summer clothes during a blizzard to keep our spirits up. :hmghost: :jumping3: It can snow all it wants. I'm going swimming in 43 days. :fish:

Hello Neighbor,

I'm from Weymouth! Have a great trip in April! We are venturing out in August, wishing we did April now with this lovely weather.

dzee
03-05-2009, 12:54 PM

Wow!:thumbsup2 Can't believe how many NE-ers will be down at WDW in April! :woohoo: Looks like we all are searching to thaw :cold:out and there's no better place to do it!!!!!!:rotfl::yay::cool1::cheer2::banana::woohoo ::dance3:

megveg
03-05-2009, 01:14 PM
hello from Natick and Sterling! DBF and i are going to be in the world in May :)

jupers
03-05-2009, 01:37 PM
Are you a teacher too?

My street is a major bus route so it is usually one of the first plowed!

jupers
03-05-2009, 01:38 PM
Hey jupers,

How was your street in Peabody plowed??:confused3 On our street we needed a dog sled to get around!!!:lmao: :rotfl: :flower1: :flower1: SPRING WHERE ARE YOU!!???? :flower1: :flower1: Thank goodness it will be in the 50's this weekend!!!:cheer2: :cool1: :woohoo: :worship:
I know what you mean, I'm down to 41 days!!! :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: I reeeealy need my April vaca this year!! :worship: Can't come soon enough for me!!!:dance3: :yay: :thumbsup2 :banana:

Sorry this was directed at dzee...

dzee
03-05-2009, 07:17 PM
Sorry this was directed at dzee...

:wave2: Hi jupers,

No I'm not a teacher just a Disney loving mom. :mickeyjum I live on the West side and over here I guess the side streets are not a priority.:scared1: So it's horrible in the mornings taking my daughter to school after a storm.:scared1:
I see your going in April! :yay: With so many people from MA going to be there in April it would be fun if we could have a mini MA meet and greet!!! :woohoo: It would be fun to meet other MA Disney lovers!!!:love:

tekoa
03-05-2009, 08:58 PM
Hi all Westfield checking in. Grew up in Wilbraham the home of Friendly Ice Cream. We are leaving for the Poly in 17 days.

sm04
03-05-2009, 09:02 PM
Hi all Westfield checking in. Grew up in Wilbraham the home of Friendly Ice Cream. We are leaving for the Poly in 17 days.

OMG! I just noticed there were 2 previous posters from Westfield. I'm from Westfield too! We'll be at the Poly for April break! I saw your screen name and immediately thought of Tekoa Mtn. LOL.

Chris
03-05-2009, 10:06 PM
HI from Billerica! Originally Melrose!! We came back 2 weeks ago, just in time for the lovely blizzard! @@ I keep asking myself why we didnt' stay?!?

momof2minnies
03-06-2009, 06:38 AM
dzee,
It was absolutely amazing in January- freak weather I think, it was in the 80s everyday except the day we left.

Linda

goofy4tink
03-06-2009, 06:57 AM
See you guys in April...and see you Aug people in Aug!! I'm lucky girl and get to go several times a year.
We should find out exactly when everyone is going in April and get together, even briefly. I'll be at BWV from April 20-24...a quick trip, but better than nothing.

dzee
03-06-2009, 08:30 AM
HI from Billerica! Originally Melrose!! We came back 2 weeks ago, just in time for the lovely blizzard! @@ I keep asking myself why we didnt' stay?!?

:wave2:Hi Chris,

I take it you were some place WARM before you came back!!??? :confused3 The question :confused:I keep asking myself is why I'm STILL HERE!!!?:sad2: As for the blizzard it's just MA's way of welcoming you home!!!!!:lmao::rotfl::rotfl::lmao:

dzee
03-06-2009, 09:00 AM
See you guys in April...and see you Aug people in Aug!! I'm lucky girl and get to go several times a year.
We should find out exactly when everyone is going in April and get together, even briefly. I'll be at BWV from April 20-24...a quick trip, but better than nothing.

:wave2: Hi Diane,

:yay: Wouldn't that be fun to meet the people that you talk to here on the boards and who love Disney as much as you do???!!!! :woohoo: Like you I'm verrrrrry lucky that I can go several times a year too!!!! :woohoo: We will be there April 15-24.:cool1: Possibly a meet could happen in one of the parks!!!:mickeyjum I'm soooo ready for a showering pixie dust:tinker: instead of snow!!!!:rotfl: :lmao: :lmao:

:flower1: :flower1: COME ON SPRING!!!:flower1: :flower1:

demonskrye
03-06-2009, 09:08 AM
Lexington resident checking in and looking forward to a nice 50 degree weekend. DH and I went down to WDW middle of last month largely do to how oppressively cold and snowy this winter was. Can't believe it snowed again Monday, but I'm hoping we're seeing the end of the really cold and awful weather.

dzee
03-06-2009, 09:23 AM
:angel: Amen!!!!:angel: :thumbsup2 How great you went down and escaped the great frozen:cold: north for a while!!! :rotfl: I know' it's never long enough!!!:sad2:

jupers
03-07-2009, 07:09 AM
Dzee,

I'm on the west side too! We're probably neighbors. We're going in August not April! Can't wait! I'm already thinking about our next trip in a couple of years.

DJFan88
03-07-2009, 07:23 AM
Another west sider here too checking in - heading down in June. First time for the kids, 9 and almost 7. Hubby and I love it there, can't wait to show them.

MerMom60_94
03-07-2009, 07:58 AM
Howdy neighbor! What part of Weymouth? My Mom is in South and my brother is in North (near the bridge). I lived in Columbian Square for 4 years when I was first married (right next door to the Cameo). We have gotten so spoiled with these April trips. I dread the day we can't get down there. That will be the longggggest winter in my life since I am now used to a little break. DD, of course, thinks that this is just how life is. :lmao:

Hello Neighbor,

I'm from Weymouth! Have a great trip in April! We are venturing out in August, wishing we did April now with this lovely weather.

mejkjj97
03-07-2009, 08:05 AM
Dzee,

I'm on the west side too! We're probably neighbors. We're going in August not April! Can't wait! I'm already thinking about our next trip in a couple of years.

When in August are you going? We are heading down Aug 20 to the 25th! As hot as it is I love going down at this time of year. the crowds are so managable.

Howdy neighbor! What part of Weymouth? My Mom is in South and my brother is in North (near the bridge). I lived in Columbian Square for 4 years when I was first married (right next door to the Cameo). We have gotten so spoiled with these April trips. I dread the day we can't get down there. That will be the longggggest winter in my life since I am now used to a little break. DD, of course, thinks that this is just how life is. :lmao:

We live in East Weymouth on the Hingham Line. My DD is going to grow up the same, she is now 3 and we are in the process of planning her 3rd trip for August. :cool1: Thank goodness she loves Disney already!!

jupers
03-07-2009, 08:10 AM
We are going the 23rd-29th with the free dining pin. Wondering if the bounceback is good if I can convince DH to go w/that next year. Doubt it though. He's skeptical since DS will only be 19 mos this trip and I think he wants to wait next time till he's 4. So after this trip I'm stuck for 2+ years.

Are the crowds really ok at that time? When we went in June they were awful.

MerMom60_94
03-07-2009, 08:27 AM
Kim J - where is your husband a teacher? What grades?

It's funny, every year without fail my DH gives my daughter the speech while we are down there - "do what you want while we're here because we may not be back down for awhile. We may not have the money." Then we come home and a month later he books a trip for the next year. He's as hooked as we are. In fact, the two of them for the past few years have talked about taking a trip to Gettysburg / DC / Hersheypark instead (during the summer) but then he can't give up the Florida trip. College is sneaking up soon though, so we may have to get serious in order to sock away more college savings.

dzee
03-07-2009, 09:41 AM
Dzee,

Another west sider here too checking in - heading down in June. First time for the kids, 9 and almost 7. Hubby and I love it there, can't wait to show them.

Wow!! :worship:Disney fanatics right in my own backyard!!! :yay: We should start a Disney club so when the Disney with drawls hit we can talk:surfweb: the others through till it passes!! :lmao::rotfl::lmao: We are definitely hooked!!;) Think it has something to do with living in the frozen:cold: tundra called MA!!! Guess:confused3 there could be worse things to be addicted to!!!!:laughing:

mejkjj97
03-07-2009, 12:03 PM
We are going the 23rd-29th with the free dining pin. Wondering if the bounceback is good if I can convince DH to go w/that next year. Doubt it though. He's skeptical since DS will only be 19 mos this trip and I think he wants to wait next time till he's 4. So after this trip I'm stuck for 2+ years.

Are the crowds really ok at that time? When we went in June they were awful.

The crowds were not bad at all. The only issue we had was with the heat but it was managable. We were back at the hotel every afternoon and back inthe parks after dinner. My DD first trip was when she was 2 and she went last year at 3. She will be 4 and on her 3rd time. Plus if you go back an your son is't 3 he's still free ;)

Kim J - where is your husband a teacher? What grades?

It's funny, every year without fail my DH gives my daughter the speech while we are down there - "do what you want while we're here because we may not be back down for awhile. We may not have the money." Then we come home and a month later he books a trip for the next year. He's as hooked as we are. In fact, the two of them for the past few years have talked about taking a trip to Gettysburg / DC / Hersheypark instead (during the summer) but then he can't give up the Florida trip. College is sneaking up soon though, so we may have to get serious in order to sock away more college savings.

My DH is a History Teacher at South Shore Votech. He loves it! He changed careers about 4 years ago. I will say that we did Williamsburg (the Histocial Parks and Bush Gardens) and DC and loved it. We can't wait until our DD is old enough to enjoy it.

MerMom60_94
03-07-2009, 12:29 PM
My DH is a History Teacher at South Shore Votech. He loves it! He changed careers about 4 years ago. I will say that we did Williamsburg (the Histocial Parks and Bush Gardens) and DC and loved it. We can't wait until our DD is old enough to enjoy it.

I'll bet he teaches some of my daughter's friends who go to SSVT already! My daughter is in the eighth grade and lot of her classmates are going there next year. She considered applying but culinary arts would be her second choice for a career. Right now she is hoping to get into veterinary medicine and has applied at Norfolk County Agricultural High School. We are crossing our fingers and toes that she makes it in. I think it would be a great environment for her to learn in. I know a lot of kids who love the Vo-Tech though.

DD and DH are absolute history buffs. This is something that draws them back together. They finished watching the John Adams dvd's together last week and I'll tell you, it's like she totally forgot her teenage attitude the whole time they were watching together. I went to Gettysburg with my parents at her age and the only thing I remember is that the tour guide was cute. History for me - not so much. Cute guys (when I was 14) ::yes:: I would love to do the trip though. I'm game for anything as long as it's the three of us getting some time together.

sodell
03-07-2009, 03:50 PM
Hi there, I just joined today and am loving all the info! I am from Billerica and the family is going in August, 28-Sept,4!! Can't Wait!!!
Loving this weather today!!!:cool1:

karen l
03-07-2009, 04:15 PM
Hi there, I just joined today and am loving all the info! I am from Billerica and the family is going in August, 28-Sept,4!! Can't Wait!!!
Loving this weather today!!!:cool1:

:welcome: You'll learn alot on the Dis. Are you on a dining plan & do you know where you'll be eating?
Awesome weather today - went for a walk & it was great being out in the fresh air without a hat, gloves & boots.

sodell
03-08-2009, 10:17 AM
:welcome: You'll learn alot on the Dis. Are you on a dining plan & do you know where you'll be eating?
Awesome weather today - went for a walk & it was great being out in the fresh air without a hat, gloves & boots.

No meal plan...we are on our own. We are in a timeshare so we'll eat in and bag it a lot!!

dzee
03-08-2009, 07:44 PM
Oh my gosh!!! :confused3 What the fudge with this weather!!! :confused: Great today, taste of spring!!! :flower1: Now tomorrow talk of snow!?! :cold: I would say April Fools :joker:if it were April. :rotfl::lmao: Guess old man winter:cold: has his months mixed up!!! :sad2: Weatherman is saying he is not sure how much or if there will be all snow!?!? :eek: SPPPRRIINNGGG! :flower1: Where are you!!!!!:confused3

jupers
03-09-2009, 07:16 AM
I CAN'T TAKE THIS WEATHER ANYMORE!!!

Thank God we're heading out of here in April...Not to WDW but a 10 year anniversary trip to Vegas-NO KIDS!:cool1:

Dzee do you have kids at the west or the Higgins?

jog58
03-09-2009, 07:54 AM
I'm calling shenanigans on this weather. :sad2:

bobcat77
03-09-2009, 08:13 AM
Good morning all, checking in a little late in the thread from Saugus!

Just booked air on JetBlue for October....we'll be heading down 10/3-10/11 and staying at the Boardwalk.

Can the winter go away now please? It's been rough (not that I need to tell anyone in this group) I'm training for Boston and the weather hasn't cooperated at all!!!!

Have a great day everyone!!!

bidnow5
03-09-2009, 08:14 AM
I'm from Rhode Island and I am so tired of this weather I would love some Florida heat right now

tigger813
03-09-2009, 08:18 AM
Roads were horrible in our area while driving youngest to daycare but driving home was much better. Did see two cars off the road though.

Spring really needs to come and stay. MA has had enough of winter for this year!

41 days until WDW! Can't come soon enough for me!

dzee
03-09-2009, 08:38 AM
I CAN'T TAKE THIS WEATHER ANYMORE!!!

Thank God we're heading out of here in April...Not to WDW but a 10 year anniversary trip to Vegas-NO KIDS!:cool1:

Dzee do you have kids at the west or the Higgins?

:wave2:Hi jupers!

I HEAR YA! :scared1: 37 days and counting till I'm in the sunshine!!!:woohoo: Wow Vegas!! :yay: I want to get there one of these days!! :laughing: HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! party:

My DD graduated from the Higgins last May!! :cheer2: She is now at Bishop Fenwick!!!:angel: That's why I haven't been to Vegas yet!!! :rotfl: TUITION!!!:eek: Looking out the window today Vegas sounds RREEEEAALLYY GOOD!!! :cool1: Maybe someday..........;)

dzee
03-09-2009, 08:49 AM
Roads were horrible in our area while driving youngest to daycare but driving home was much better. Did see two cars off the road though.

Spring really needs to come and stay. MA has had enough of winter for this year!

41 days until WDW! Can't come soon enough for me!

Driving DD to school was really horrible!!! :scared1: The roads were really slippery!:eek: There was an accident a block from my house!! :sad2: I'm so sick:sad2: of mother nature dangling spring like a truffle( should be a carrot but who would try and get THAT?)on the end of a stick for us to chase!!!!:lmao: :rotfl::laughing: :lmao: 37 days to WDW for me!!!:cool1: :yay::dance3: :woohoo: :worship: :yay: :cheer2: :cool1:
Maybe we'll run into eachother there!!!!!!:thumbsup2

dzee
03-09-2009, 08:57 AM
Good morning all, checking in a little late in the thread from Saugus!

Just booked air on JetBlue for October....we'll be heading down 10/3-10/11 and staying at the Boardwalk.

Can the winter go away now please? It's been rough (not that I need to tell anyone in this group) I'm training for Boston and the weather hasn't cooperated at all!!!!

Have a great day everyone!!!

Hi Saugus,

Hows the roads there? :confused: Heard they could be bad because of the city running out of money!!!:eek: That stinks!! Can't old man winter take a hint and GO AWAY!!!:lmao: :rotfl:
Oct. I hear is a good month to go. :thumbsup2 You going to MNSSHP? Have always wanted to do it!! Maybe one day I will!!:confused3
Well hope your training gets back on track!! And GOOD LUCK!! :thumbsup2

jupers
03-09-2009, 10:45 AM
Dzee,

Do you remember what clusters she was on at the Higgins?

jupers
03-09-2009, 10:47 AM
HI all,

By the way...

Anyone keeping an eye on airfares? We're looking nonstop (because I hate to fly and have a 19mo) from 8/23-8/29 and can't seem to find anything better than $300?? Anyone think they will go down more?

dzee
03-09-2009, 11:22 AM
Dzee,

Do you remember what clusters she was on at the Higgins?

jupers,

We moved here when my DD started 7th grade. 7th she was in the Broncos and 8th she was in Pisces.

bobcat77
03-09-2009, 11:57 AM
Hi Saugus,

Hows the roads there? :confused: Heard they could be bad because of the city running out of money!!!:eek: That stinks!! Can't old man winter take a hint and GO AWAY!!!:lmao: :rotfl:
Oct. I hear is a good month to go. :thumbsup2 You going to MNSSHP? Have always wanted to do it!! Maybe one day I will!!:confused3
Well hope your training gets back on track!! And GOOD LUCK!! :thumbsup2

Roads weren't all that bad this morning and how I guess it's going to work is if there's 4 inches of snow or less, no plowing the side streets. The main roads in the town will still be taken care of. I don't actually mind training in the cold and up until now it's going well and I've managed to raise a lot of money for Children's Hospital Boston so it's all good!!! :)

We're May travellers to WDW and have been since '89 or so but we decided this year to change it up a bit and head down in October and yes, we will be going to MNNSHP.

A poster above asked about airfare and it was expensive!!! To fly from Boston on JetBlue was a little over $300 per person! That's the most I've ever spent. Now in doing some checking, the same return flight the day before and the day after are $80 cheaper so I'm hoping that the fare (at least the return fare) will go down a bit.

mejkjj97
03-09-2009, 12:31 PM
HI all,

By the way...

Anyone keeping an eye on airfares? We're looking nonstop (because I hate to fly and have a 19mo) from 8/23-8/29 and can't seem to find anything better than $300?? Anyone think they will go down more?

Does it have to be these exact dates? We are going down about the same time and we are going a Friday to a Thursday and are flying $104 one way and $94 the other.

jupers
03-09-2009, 12:45 PM
Unfortunately it does because that's what we've booked. Maybe I should look at a change?

DOPEYLUVER
03-09-2009, 02:59 PM
I just wanted to share with the rest of you BayStaters who are enjoying the snow today that I'm into single digits.

Only NINE more days until my magical trip!!!

:dance3:

jog58
03-09-2009, 03:01 PM
Roads weren't all that bad this morning and how I guess it's going to work is if there's 4 inches of snow or less, no plowing the side streets. The main roads in the town will still be taken care of. I don't actually mind training in the cold and up until now it's going well and I've managed to raise a lot of money for Children's Hospital Boston so it's all good!!! :)

We're May travellers to WDW and have been since '89 or so but we decided this year to change it up a bit and head down in October and yes, we will be going to MNNSHP.

A poster above asked about airfare and it was expensive!!! To fly from Boston on JetBlue was a little over $300 per person! That's the most I've ever spent. Now in doing some checking, the same return flight the day before and the day after are $80 cheaper so I'm hoping that the fare (at least the return fare) will go down a bit.

Hey Bobcat,

How are the crowds usually in May? Hubby and I are going to be down there the 6th-17th. We did late April into early May for our honeymoon in 2007 and it seemed like it was crowed but I think Easter was late last year, I could be wrong. I was sick as a dog so maybe the crowds felt worse than they were.

LexisAuntieLala
03-09-2009, 03:10 PM
I just wanted to share with the rest of you BayStaters who are enjoying the snow today that I'm into single digits.

Only NINE more days until my magical trip!!!

:dance3:

Me too! Makes this weather just a little bit easier to bear!:cheer2: ::woohoo:

princess&her4princes
03-09-2009, 03:17 PM
I'm SO over this snow....send some sun this way when you guys go next week!!! Pleeeeaaasssee?!! :flower3:

MerMom60_94
03-09-2009, 03:29 PM
Hey Bobcat,

How are the crowds usually in May? Hubby and I are going to be down there the 6th-17th. We did late April into early May for our honeymoon in 2007 and it seemed like it was crowed but I think Easter was late last year, I could be wrong. I was sick as a dog so maybe the crowds felt worse than they were.

The first year we went with our daughter we went in May. We thought we would avoid the school vacation crowds. We still had crowds, though. There were a lot of people from England and from Japan. Now, we just stick with vacation week in April. Our daughter is too old to pull out of school at this point. Hey, are you related to metalis4ever on the game boards? Sometimes I see him / her and notice we are from the next town over. I saw you are from Holbrook and have the same picture as him / her in your avatar.

Disneydonnam
03-09-2009, 04:26 PM
HI all,

By the way...

We are flying 9/4-9/13 on Jetblue nonstop. The fare was $239.20. We got the first flight out in the morning and the last flight coming home.

jog58
03-09-2009, 06:33 PM
The first year we went with our daughter we went in May. We thought we would avoid the school vacation crowds. We still had crowds, though. There were a lot of people from England and from Japan. Now, we just stick with vacation week in April. Our daughter is too old to pull out of school at this point. Hey, are you related to metalis4ever on the game boards? Sometimes I see him / her and notice we are from the next town over. I saw you are from Holbrook and have the same picture as him / her in your avatar.

When we went on our honeymoon i think our dates were something along the lines of the 25th of April to a few days in June and it seemed like there were a lot of kids there. More than i expected since I thought school was back in session. I guess I will find out when i get there :)

Metalis4ever is indeed my husband. He's always around here causing trouble ;)

jupers
03-09-2009, 07:39 PM
We are flying 9/4-9/13 on Jetblue nonstop. The fare was $239.20. We got the first flight out in the morning and the last flight coming home.

Thanks. Right now, the flights we want are about $300. Jet blue was even more! I'm just keeping my eyes open and keep checking.

mejkjj97
03-09-2009, 09:28 PM
Would you being willing to fly Southwest? They haven't opened the flights for that week yet but we flew them last year during this same week and it was $97 each way.

perriwinkleblue
03-09-2009, 11:05 PM
I don't know if this would help you but you could try flying there on one airline and home on another. Last time we did Jetblue there (:thumbsup2 ) and Airtran home (:scared: ). Not really that much of a hassle and we saved about $80. per person.

bobcat77
03-10-2009, 07:18 AM
Hey Bobcat,

Hi jog58...

I've always felt the crowds weren't that bad in May. I mean, if you go expecting no lines and no crowds you'll be disappointed. It's busy, but I've always found it very tolerable and if you go with a plan, you'll have no issues. However, I'd be inclined to avoid IOA or USF or even Sea World to a degree like the plague!!! It seems that every year in May every school group in central Florida ventures to these locations at various times. If you have your heart set on going to one of these places, do it, youll still enjoy yourself but be prepared just in case.

Hope this helps...:)

jupers
03-10-2009, 07:44 AM
Hi all,

Thanks for the flight tips. Would definitely do Southwest, waiting for them to post flights, willing to do anything nonstop. Actually looks like flights may be coming down too.

I've had it with winter!!! I took a fall today on the ice, whacked my head and bit my cheek so hard I don't know how I'm going to make it through the day!!!

jog58
03-10-2009, 07:49 AM
Hi jog58...

I've always felt the crowds weren't that bad in May. I mean, if you go expecting no lines and no crowds you'll be disappointed. It's busy, but I've always found it very tolerable and if you go with a plan, you'll have no issues. However, I'd be inclined to avoid IOA or USF or even Sea World to a degree like the plague!!! It seems that every year in May every school group in central Florida ventures to these locations at various times. If you have your heart set on going to one of these places, do it, youll still enjoy yourself but be prepared just in case.

Hope this helps...:)

Hey bobcat,

Thanks for the heads up on Universal and Sea World. I figured May wouldn't be a good as the fall crowd wise. We have the Unofficial Guide and are planning on following their touring plans. Thanks for your input. :)

DjdBrit
03-10-2009, 08:38 AM
I am on the South shore and just noticed your post..... Hello

goofy4tink
03-10-2009, 08:48 AM
HI all,

By the way...

I just booked us for Aug 14-21st..paid about $250 pp r/t, nonstop. Booked Jetblue going down..about $139 pp, and Delta going home, about $94. The times were what I wanted, so I booked. I don't always fly the same airline both ways...if one airline gives me closer to what I need, then I book with them.

Fram
03-10-2009, 09:23 AM
Just noticed the post also, and yes will spring ever come I am tired of snow

HELLO TO ALL

dzee
03-10-2009, 09:29 AM

HELLO TO ALL

:wave2: Hi Fram!!

:wave: Welcome!:thumbsup2 Nice to meet you!!:yay:

PlutoGirl1117
03-10-2009, 09:30 AM

HELLO TO ALL
Hello Fram...........................it's funny, that's my name on a couple of forums! :lmao:

dzee
03-10-2009, 09:32 AM
I am on the South shore and just noticed your post..... Hello

:wave2: Hi DjdBrit!

:wave: Nice to meet you!! :thumbsup2 Welcome!:cheer2:

DOPEYLUVER
03-11-2009, 07:19 AM
As I sit here at my desk on this rainy day I know that in one week I will be sitting on a plane headed from Massachusetts (though I am flying out of Manchester) to sunny Florida and WDW. AAAHHHH, it's a great feeling.

:yay: :yay: :yay:

JLL1970
03-11-2009, 08:02 AM
Hello from Oxford....I was born & raised in Southbridge and hubby in Dudley...

Pirates4me
03-11-2009, 08:21 AM
Dopeyluver,

What are your dates that you are going to be at WDW. We leave on March 21st.

JasonDVC
03-11-2009, 08:36 AM
Hello neighbors! Just wanted to let you know that we are having a Dis Meet Up in RI if anyone wants to get a local Disney fix. We already have one family from NH signed up. You are welcome to attend and friends and family are welcome as well.

Click here (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2058172)for more info.

DOPEYLUVER
03-11-2009, 09:11 AM
Dopeyluver,

What are your dates that you are going to be at WDW. We leave on March 21st.

My trip is a little odd. I'm flying into Fort Lauderdale on the 18th. I'll be picked up by a friend who lives in FLL and heading to Orlando. We'll be at Disney from the 18th to the 23rd, then back to FLL to stay with my mother for a few days to celebrate her 75th birthday.

freesone
03-11-2009, 11:12 AM
Hi from Waltham....Yes, it's time for spring!!!!!!!:cool1: :cool1:

UrsulasShadow
03-11-2009, 05:44 PM
Hello neighbors! Just wanted to let you know that we are having a Dis Meet Up in RI if anyone wants to get a local Disney fix. We already have one family from NH signed up. You are welcome to attend and friends and family are welcome as well.

I thought this was only for DVC members.

princess&her4princes
03-11-2009, 07:09 PM

May be a stupid question but can I ask what happens at a DIS meet up? Never been...are kids invited? Thanks!!:goodvibes

dzee
03-12-2009, 02:37 PM
As I sit here at my desk on this rainy day I know that in one week I will be sitting on a plane headed from Massachusetts (though I am flying out of Manchester) to sunny Florida and WDW. AAAHHHH, it's a great feeling.

:yay: :yay: :yay:
Are you flying Southwest??:confused: We used to fly that out of Manchester and a few times out of Providence but haven't done so in a while since JetBlue came to Boston. We recently were thinking of flying them again because JetBlue is soooooo expensive.:eek: Have you flown them recently? Has anyone? :confused3 What do you think of them?:confused:

sceavis
03-12-2009, 04:47 PM
Hello I am from Pepperell Ma it is awsome to see so many people so close.I am so sick of this winter and ready to go back to Disney. I was just there for Christmas.It does not look like I will get back until next Feb :sad2: .We should plan a Ma trip someday.It's nice to meet you all.

dzee
03-12-2009, 05:29 PM
Hello I am from Pepperell Ma it is awsome to see so many people so close.I am so sick of this winter and ready to go back to Disney. I was just there for Christmas.It does not look like I will get back until next Feb :sad2: .We should plan a Ma trip someday.It's nice to meet you all.

I was there at Christmas too!! :santa: That's my favorite time of year at WDW!! No place like the World decked out for Christmas!!! :santa: I'm off to the World in 4 weeks and I can't wait !! :woohoo: I know what you mean I am SOOOOOO sick:sad2: of winter!:cold: :flower1: Come on Spring!! :flower1: It would be fun to have a MA trip get together!! :thumbsup2 There sure are enough of us Disney:mickeyjum lovers down there from MA at any given time!!:rotfl:
:wave2: It's nice to meet you sceavis!!!:dance3: :yay: :cheer2:

sceavis
03-12-2009, 08:20 PM
I was there at Christmas too!! :santa: That's my favorite time of year at WDW!! No place like the World decked out for Christmas!!! :santa: I'm off to the World in 4 weeks and I can't wait !! :woohoo: I know what you mean I am SOOOOOO sick:sad2: of winter!:cold: :flower1: Come on Spring!! :flower1: It would be fun to have a MA trip get together!! :thumbsup2 There sure are enough of us Disney:mickeyjum lovers down there from MA at any given time!!:rotfl:
:wave2: It's nice to meet you sceavis!!!:dance3: :yay: :cheer2:

Thanks Dzee you are so lucky to be going down there soon take me with you :rolleyes1 lol.I was missing disney so much tonight I just went out and picked up a copy of 23 it looks amazing. I can not wait to read it.Well It was nice to meet you to have a safe and fun trip and tell us about it when you return take care now ;)

DOPEYLUVER
03-12-2009, 09:33 PM
dzee-
I really like Southwest because Manchester is really convenient for us. I'm sure people have problems with the seating if they are traveling with a family. I'm usually solo or with one or two others. So, I give it thumbs up for price and convenience and a non-vote, because it has never affected me, for seating.

sceavis-
I live in Townsend.

sceavis
03-12-2009, 09:43 PM
Dopeyluver hi there neighbour nice to meet you only one small town away that is crazy it's a a small world after all :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

vinniep
03-12-2009, 10:01 PM
I'm from Dracut too!!!

dzee
03-13-2009, 08:42 AM
:wave2: Hi DOPEYLOVER!

Thanks for the info! :flower3: We really never had a problem flying SW and it's nice to know that you never have a problem when you fly. :thumbsup2 The seating thing was always a gripe my husband had with SW. We were always so afraid:scared: when the kids were little we were going to be separated from them.:scared1: There was always that slight possibility that people wouldn't change their seat.:rolleyes: So that being said we would get there 2-3 hours early just to make sure we sat together! Now they are all older and that wouldn't be a factor in fact my husband and I wouldn't mind...... :rotfl: Totally agree thumbs way up:thumbsup2 for price and thumbs WAY:sad2: down for seating arrangements!! :flower3: Thanks for the info!!!:flower3:

DOPEYLUVER
03-13-2009, 11:19 AM
SW has somewhat improved their seating. When you do the on-line check in you are now given a letter (as always) and a number. So if you can check in right at that 24 hour point, you don't have to worry about getting to the airport so early.

dzee
03-13-2009, 08:02 PM
SW has somewhat improved their seating. When you do the on-line check in you are now given a letter (as always) and a number. So if you can check in right at that 24 hour point, you don't have to worry about getting to the airport so early.

It's good to know that you now check in on line! :thumbsup2 I know the last time we flew it we couldn't do that. Ya always loved the letter stalls!!:eek: Felt like a bunch of cattle!!:lmao: People would just step on you to try and get up to the front to be able to pick their seats!! :sad2: Maybe I will try SW for the next trip!!!:cool1: Thanks!!!;)

wic0721
03-15-2009, 07:54 AM
It's good to know that you now check in on line! :thumbsup2 I know the last time we flew it we couldn't do that. Ya always loved the letter stalls!!:eek: Felt like a bunch of cattle!!:lmao: People would just step on you to try and get up to the front to be able to pick their seats!! :sad2: Maybe I will try SW for the next trip!!!:cool1: Thanks!!!;)

My family and I flew SW out of Manchester last November, it was probably one of the best flights we've taken. :thumbsup2 Getting in and out of the airport was very easy also. We will continue to fly out of Manchester, even once SW starts flying into Logan, even though both airports are about the same drive time.

Did anyone else see that it's going to be 62 degree's on Wednesday??? :banana: :yay: :woohoo:

MaryEL8775
03-15-2009, 11:42 AM
I am looking forward to the nice weather. I think that I am going to shut down the heat and open some windows for a little while and get all the stale air out of the house.

dzee
03-15-2009, 01:08 PM
I am looking forward to the nice weather. I think that I am going to shut down the heat and open some windows for a little while and get all the stale air out of the house.

That's just what I've done today!! ;) Shut the heat off and cracked all the windows a little bit!!! I know it's not as warm as 62( it's 56-58 not that bad) but I NEED fresh air in this house!! :yay: So tired of the heat being on and no fresh air. I want all the bedrooms aired out !!! Could this really mean that spring:flower1: is on the way!!!??? :confused::woohoo: But this being NE one never knows........:confused3:scared1:

dzee
03-15-2009, 01:20 PM
My family and I flew SW out of Manchester last November, it was probably one of the best flights we've taken. :thumbsup2 Getting in and out of the airport was very easy also. We will continue to fly out of Manchester, even once SW starts flying into Logan, even though both airports are about the same drive time.

Did anyone else see that it's going to be 62 degree's on Wednesday??? :banana: :yay: :woohoo:

Thanks for the SW info.:thumbsup2 We have flown out of Manchester before and like you we loved it!!! No hassles at the airport unlike Logan and that's a big plus!!:cool1: I heard SW was coming to Logan, wonder if the flights will be more expensive out of there??? :confused: if that's the case for the price and the non hassle at the airport I'd go out of Manchester too!!!!!!;)

62 degrees!!!!!!!!! :cool1: :yay: :dance3: :cheer2: :worship: Oh let's hope we have seen the last of old man winter......but this is NE so I highly doubt it!!!!! :sad2: One can only hope!!!!:worship:

WaitingToMeetDumbo
03-15-2009, 09:06 PM
We always fly out of Providence on Southwest and have absolutely NO problems. We always check in at the 24 hour mark and are always in the "A" group. It has been so much better ever since they instituted the number system and eliminated the need to wait in a line with people pushing their way in at the last minute. Providence and Boston are about the same distance from us, but Providence is much easier to get to and has MUCH cheaper parking rates. The planes also seem to leave on time (without having 5 or 10 planes in front of you waiting to take off) unless there is a weather problem...which would also affect Boston too.

dzee
03-16-2009, 08:58 AM
Hi Judy,

I totally agree with you that Providence is a great airport!! :thumbsup2 I should have included it in my last post! We have never had a problem flying out of there either.:) No waiting to take off with kids a HUGH plus, no long lines at security really a smooth experience all around.We live in the North Shore so Manchester is a little closer but Providence isn't so far that we wouldn't fly out of it. The number system sounds great! :yay: That old system of first come still get trampled was horrible!!:sad2::rotfl: I'm convinced! :thumbsup2 Think I will try and book my next flight with SW! ;) Thanks for all the great tips!!!:flower3:

mamarissa
03-16-2009, 09:25 AM
just saying hello from winthrop!!!

dzee
03-16-2009, 09:50 AM
:wave2: Hi mamarissa from Winthrop!!!

Know the city well!!;) DH was from The Heights(EB) and i was from Chelsea! Now we are in the North Shore!!! :cool1: Nice to meet you!!!:cool1:

DOPEYLUVER
03-17-2009, 08:28 AM
Just wanted to say that this time tomorrow I will be on my Southwest flight headed to sunny Florida for a much anticipated WDW vacation.

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

goofy4tink
03-17-2009, 09:23 AM
Just wanted to say that this time tomorrow I will be on my Southwest flight headed to sunny Florida for a much anticipated WDW vacation.

Have fun...tell Mickey we'll be there in a month or so!!!

dzee
03-17-2009, 10:46 AM

:cool1: Wow!!!:cool1: ! Bet you are soooo excited!!!:yay: Only three and a half weeks till I visit the House od Mouse!!! :woohoo: I hope you'll post all about your magical trip!!:surfweb: Look forward to reading about it!!!:coffee:
:cheer2: HAVE A GREAT TRIP!!!!!:cheer2:
:cool1: :thumbsup2 :dance3: :cheer2: :yay: :woohoo: :cool1:

sceavis
03-18-2009, 10:23 PM

Have a fun and safe trip

dzee
03-19-2009, 09:56 AM
Hey MA people!!:wave2: What about the weather yesterday!!!:woohoo: Wow! :woohoo:Could Spring finally be creeping in on us!!??!!:flower1: Out side my house there is not one speck of dirty brown snow left:woohoo: and I can see my beautiful brown lawn in the backyard!!!!:lmao::rotfl::lmao: I know it's not that great today,:sad1: gonna rain,:umbrella: but we have to have turned the corner to warmer weather!! :sunny:I know, I know it's still NE and one never knows what can happen!!:sad2::sad1::scared1:
Well I finally was able to take my new puppy:dogdance: out yesterday for a walk paw: after almost 4 months of freezing temps!!She is so little,half Yorkie,half poodle,she only weighs 3 lbs at 10 months so outside to play in the winter cold is a no go for her!!! She did get to wear her new little pink coat that says Princess on it!!! She was so funny!! She just didn't know what to make of all the sites and sounds around her!! Needless to say she now thinks that every time the door opens she is going outside to play!!:rotfl:What did you do yesterday on this great Spring day?? :confused:

sceavis
03-19-2009, 10:07 AM
Hey MA people!!:wave2: What about the weather yesterday!!!:woohoo: Wow! :woohoo:Could Spring finally be creeping in on us!!??!!:flower1: Out side my house there is not one speck of dirty brown snow left:woohoo: and I can see my beautiful brown lawn in the backyard!!!!:lmao::rotfl::lmao: I know it's not that great today,:sad1: gonna rain,:umbrella: but we have to have turned the corner to warmer weather!! :sunny:I know, I know it's still NE and one never knows what can happen!!:sad2::sad1::scared1:
Well I finally was able to take my new puppy:dogdance: out yesterday for a walk paw: after almost 4 months of freezing temps!!She is so little,half Yorkie,half poodle,she only weighs 3 lbs at 10 months so outside to play in the winter cold is a no go for her!!! She did get to wear her new little pink coat that says Princess on it!!! She was so funny!! She just didn't know what to make of all the sites and sounds around her!! Needless to say she now thinks that every time the door opens she is going outside to play!!:rotfl:What did you do yesterday on this great Spring day?? :confused:

Tell me about it was amazing i think that is one thing us Ma people can CELEBRATE :cheer2: :woohoo: I spent the day with my dad helping him burn brush that fell over the winiter .It was a great day for that.

princess&her4princes
03-19-2009, 10:23 AM

Cute post!!:cutie: We took a long walk and played for hours in the (brown lawn) yard and went to the playground...it was wonderful!! I hate to get too excited but just maybe Winter is over??!! I can only hope...it was a loooong one!!!!

dzee
03-23-2009, 10:28 AM
Cute post!!:cutie: We took a long walk and played for hours in the (brown lawn) yard and went to the playground...it was wonderful!! I hate to get too excited but just maybe Winter is over??!! I can only hope...it was a loooong one!!!!

Thanks!! :flower3: Glad you liked it!!! Too cold today though!! :cold: I keep telling myself Spring has sprung! Spring has sprung!! :flower1: Hope mother nature is listening!! :laughing: Glad all the snow is gone,but now not only am I looking at a brown lawn but a yard full of debris!!!:eek: From all the dried up fall leaves I didn't get last year,to branches large and small that the wind and ice broke off and just garbage that seemed to have gotten blown around!!!:sad2: The only good thing about the snow cover was all that was covered up!!!:rotfl2: Now it's get to yard cleaning time!!:sad1:
Anyone else' s yard that bad too!?!?!:confused:

Any other NE Disney lovers going to be at WDW for spring break???:woohoo:

bidnow5
03-23-2009, 10:33 AM
Spring isn't getting here fast enough for me cold and windy today but it's looking up for the rest of the week. I went to my first yard sale of the season yesterday so that made it seem more like spring

dzee
03-23-2009, 10:35 AM
Tell me about it was amazing i think that is one thing us Ma people can CELEBRATE :cheer2: :woohoo: I spent the day with my dad helping him burn brush that fell over the winiter .It was a great day for that.

I'm jealous!! :laughing:Seems like you got a good head start on Spring :flower1:clean up!! I'm dreading it!! I know, I know It has to be done!! :sad1:
TOO cold to do any today!! No, not looking for an excuse!!:lmao::rotfl2:
Spring where did you go? :confused:
Hopefully it will be back by the end of the week!!:confused3

jog58
03-23-2009, 11:13 AM
I'm jealous!! :laughing:Seems like you got a good head start on Spring :flower1:clean up!! I'm dreading it!! I know, I know It has to be done!! :sad1:
TOO cold to do any today!! No, not looking for an excuse!!:lmao::rotfl2:
Spring where did you go? :confused:
Hopefully it will be back by the end of the week!!:confused3

7 News said we should be expecting high 50's and 60's Thursday, Friday and Saturday!:banana:

dzee
03-23-2009, 12:03 PM
That's great news!! :thumbsup2 I hate those little teases we always get of good weather!! :sad2: Then they are just snatched away!! :eek::rotfl: It just makes it that much more depressing when the temps go back down to the
20s :cold:and they mention that 4 letter word SNOW!!!:eek::scared1::sad2:

sodell
03-23-2009, 12:12 PM
Hey, did you get to see the SNOW yesterday!!! Freaked me out!:scared1:

dzee
03-23-2009, 12:36 PM
Where did it do that 4 letter word!!!!:eek::rotfl::lmao::rotfl2: We didn't get any here (North Shore). Just cold and windy as heck!! :sad2: Did it accumulate at all??? :confused:

sceavis
03-23-2009, 12:38 PM
Hey, did you get to see the SNOW yesterday!!! Freaked me out!:scared1:
I wanted to cry :sad1:

sceavis
03-23-2009, 12:43 PM
Hello Ma people I was at costco of Nashua the other day they had Mickey shaped chicken nuggets.They looked so yummy popcorn::popcorn:: I will have to get them next time I am there.Thought you would all like to know

princess&her4princes
03-23-2009, 01:26 PM
Where did it do that 4 letter word!!!!:eek::rotfl::lmao::rotfl2: We didn't get any here (North Shore). Just cold and windy as heck!! :sad2: Did it accumulate at all??? :confused:

Ahhh:scared1:...nothing here on the South Shore, either!! Phew....

MerMom60_94
03-23-2009, 01:28 PM

I was in Norwell / Hanover and it was flurrying. No accumulation but enough to show it was still pretty cold out.

dzee
03-23-2009, 01:45 PM
The only good thing there would be now if it did accumulate is that the sun is stronger now so there would be rapid melting!!! :cool1::woohoo: Hopefully that's snows final performance of the season!!! :cheer2::confused: Need a little spring:flower1: weather to warm:sunny: the old bones!!!:rotfl:

dzee
03-23-2009, 10:20 PM
:confused:Any New Englanders going to WDW for April Vacation!!!???:confused3
:cool1::thumbsup2:cloud9::dance3::yay::cheer2: :) :woohoo::worship::cool1:

karen l
03-24-2009, 07:21 PM
I'll be going with my youngest DS & my DSis. Can't wait!

MerMom60_94
03-24-2009, 08:28 PM
I'll be going with my youngest DS & my DSis. Can't wait!

Karen, looks like we fly out on the same day!! We will be flying Delta out of Logan that afternoon. :banana: Perhaps we'll pass each other in the parks!! :cool1: Is this your first trip down to WDW?

karen l
03-24-2009, 08:37 PM
Karen, looks like we fly out on the same day!! We will be flying Delta out of Logan that afternoon. :banana: Perhaps we'll pass each other in the parks!! :cool1: Is this your first trip down to WDW?

Hi Leslie, we're flying Southwest out of Manchester. :banana: It's not our first trip but I'm just as excited as I was the first time. Can't wait to see Mickey & enjoy the warm weather. :cool1: So tired of 20-40 degrees. Are you staying onsite?

MerMom60_94
03-24-2009, 08:43 PM
We own a timeshare at Orange Lake. We have been going for the past four, five, make that seven years!! Every year is a different experience, though, as our DD grows. Her first trip was in kindergarten, then we skipped a couple of years and then started taking her each year. Her interests have changed as she has grown and that has kept things interesting. Where will you stay?

karen l
03-25-2009, 09:16 PM
We own a timeshare at Orange Lake. We have been going for the past four, five, make that seven years!! Every year is a different experience, though, as our DD grows. Her first trip was in kindergarten, then we skipped a couple of years and then started taking her each year. Her interests have changed as she has grown and that has kept things interesting. Where will you stay?

This'll be our first stay at CBR. We've stayed at Pop & POFQ. We wanted POFQ again but it was booked all ready. At this point, I just want to get there. I just bought a new pair of Tevas & I'm starting to get spring clothes out. You were so right when you said every year is a different experience. It's always special at WDW. I hope you guys have a fantastic trip!:yay:

MerMom60_94
03-26-2009, 06:54 AM
This'll be our first stay at CBR. We've stayed at Pop & POFQ. We wanted POFQ again but it was booked all ready. At this point, I just want to get there. I just bought a new pair of Tevas & I'm starting to get spring clothes out. You were so right when you said every year is a different experience. It's always special at WDW. I hope you guys have a fantastic trip!:yay:

I hope you have a great time too. I will have a lime green Mickey head. I got the Disney paint swatches at Home Depot and I am thinking I will attach them to foam or something and make them into a badge of some sort. Say hi if you spot me!

DD and I went out shopping for shorts and the such during the last snow storm. That is when we started our packing. It was an antidote to the weather, if you will. It got us through. :laughing: Whatever it takes, huh?

mejkjj97
03-26-2009, 07:57 AM
I hope you have a great time too. I will have a lime green Mickey head. I got the Disney paint swatches at Home Depot and I am thinking I will attach them to foam or something and make them into a badge of some sort. Say hi if you spot me!

DD and I went out shopping for shorts and the such during the last snow storm. That is when we started our packing. It was an antidote to the weather, if you will. It got us through. :laughing: Whatever it takes, huh?

I attached a lime green Mickey to multiple things (backpack, dd stroller etc) I was tagged about 6 times in my last trip. I was completely surprised. I would recommend attaching them to something because they did rip.
Have great trips every one!!:cool1: I still have 5 months until my trip:sad2: