PDA

View Full Version : Hello! I'm new from Chicago.

Pearlita
02-19-2009, 02:36 PM
Hello! My name is Becca I am new to these blogs. The mom of a girl from my daughter's ballet class suggested this web sight as great place to get information about our next trip. We went to Walt Disney World last August and stayed at Disney's Pop Century hotel. I have Disney's All Star Music booked with the pay for 7 days and get 3 days free special. My kids are really excited to be going again and so am I! I didn't think we could afford to go again so soon but the special was really hard to pass up.

Belle67
02-19-2009, 02:39 PM
Welcome! I am sure you will find lots of helpful information and people here!
:welcome:

Aliceacc
02-19-2009, 02:48 PM
HI and welcome!

We're in the same boat-- we took the kids for their 1st trip last August, and will be returning again unexpectedly this August for the 4/3 deal.

I can't begin to tell you all I learned here in preparation for last year's trip-- and all my sister learned for her trip by extension.

Metro West
02-19-2009, 03:02 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/welcome/17.gif

Pearlita
02-19-2009, 03:36 PM
Thank you for the warm welcome. Alice, I learned a lot on my last trip too. I learned that I didn't know enough! I bought a couple of guide books and that helped but Walt Disney World was just so big!! We only had 4 days there and I thought that was going to be enough. I was wrong. I am so happy that we are spending about the same amount of money and getting 3 free days!!!

Pearlita
02-19-2009, 03:38 PM
I wanted to ask one more thing. How do I get one of those things that says when I am going (like with the mouse heads and the dates) and how can I get it in my messages? Is there a FAQ for that somewhere?

Aliceacc
02-19-2009, 03:43 PM
Two different things.

The picture in the yellow box (mine is Donald Duck) is called an avatar. Go up to the navy blue box at the top, to "User CP." You want to "edit your avitar." There are a bunch from which to choose. (You can also import one, but the computer science there is beyond my meager abilities.)

As to the ticker: the easiest way to do it is to click on mine, and follow the steps at ********************

Aliceacc
02-19-2009, 03:48 PM
And you didn't ask, but the rest of my signature-- the smiles for my family and such, are easy to add as well. Go back to "user CP" and edit your signature :)

MarkinNM
02-19-2009, 06:02 PM
:welcome:

DWFan4Life
02-19-2009, 06:26 PM
Welcome to DISboards. This is a great source of info and I'm sure you'll find answers to all of your questions, also be prepared to become addicted to DIS.:lmao:

Have a nice and fun planning. :)