PDA

View Full Version : Any plans for Bank Holiday Weekend?

KayleeUK
05-27-2002, 04:17 PM
Has anyone got any plans? I am being left alone whilst DH goes on a stag weekend to Newquay:(

Kaylee

Mrs Dazzle
05-27-2002, 04:30 PM
Hello Kaylee

Well, here in the seaside village of Milford on Sea in the New Forest, we have an afternoon of Jubilee celebrations on and around the village green on Monday.

Our DD will be doing the maypole dancing ("again, not faaaiiiirrrrr, we had to do it twice last year"!:crazy: ) for the Brownies, lots of entertainment on said green, then a street party for the village children. Should be great fun, really. Just hope the weather brightens up:sunny:

Sunday is cricket out at Beaulieu with DH (bless, his all-day game was called off yesterday because of the rain, so he's keeping everything crossed for sun..

:rolleyes:

Friday night there's a whole crowd of friends gathering at the local yacht club for an impromptu BBQ and vino session.

(It's just dawned on me that most of the things we have planned are for outdoors . . . and therefore weather reliant)

The rest of the weekend - just relaxing and thoroughly enjoying time off work as I have the rest of next week off for half term, yippee:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc ;)

Edayy
05-28-2002, 06:15 AM
Unfortunately bacuse of the nature of our business i have to work the whole weekend as it is the start of the world cup!!! Even though i am not a huge football fan i really enjoy the world cup although i would have loved to have had four whole days off work, i wil probably be on the boards on and off so we can keep you company Kaylee!!!

Mrs Dazzle i hope the weather will be nice for you guys because at the moment it looks like it is going to pour down with rain!!!

:rolleyes:

Eda

Pixie Power!
05-28-2002, 06:30 AM
Any plans for Bank Holiday Weekend?

Ive just asked my DH the same question as we havent given it much thought as yet.

There are no Jubilee celebrations by us & as I'm not a bit royal family fan anyway I havenít instigated any. So it looks like a weekend of football and maybe a little internet surfing.

Emma

Wellard Stallard
05-28-2002, 08:41 AM
Hi Kaylee

Well I haven't got much planned for the weekend but on Monday morning we are travelling to Gretna Green as my brother Steve is getting married on Tuesday. We just hope the weather will be okay. We will be travelling back on Wednesday. I can't wait I've never been that far up north before!!

TTFN

Theresa Hudson
05-28-2002, 10:25 AM
Replacing the bathroom suite.

Well DH and my Dad, mostly Dad. I will be popping up to supervise, of course ;)

elisebutt
05-28-2002, 07:41 PM
Going to the Black Country Living museum on Friday or maybe Dudley Zoo if it's raining. Chilling out at the weekend as Zach will be at DMs.
Then a BBQ at our old local(still haven't found a decent one since moving last year) - me taking Danny back for bed at 7ish and leaving Baz there for the hush hush(not) lock in.

Tuseday, into town for the parade etc.

Fantasia Sam
05-29-2002, 11:43 AM
Well I will be helping the other half dig and excavate the garden to lay new patio and put in new fencing.

Going to an inter-pub cricket match on Sunday after watching the footie in a beautiful village called Brockham near Dorking which has the best firework display outside of Disney every Guy Fawkes night!

Monday and Tuesday will probably be in the garden again... please let it rain... please let it rain... please let it rain:bounce:

Pixie Power!
05-29-2002, 11:51 AM
"Black Country Living museum on Friday or maybe Dudley Zoo "

I only live about 10 miles from there - pop in for a cuppa if you want :D

The Mighty Warrior
05-29-2002, 11:57 AM
One word :-

FOOTBALL

It's the World Cup doncha know!!

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Tartan Tigger
05-29-2002, 03:00 PM
I'm going shopping to get things for my holiday and a t-shirt for Bouncy's t-shirt exchange.
I'll watch some of the World Cup matches (shame my country didnt make it) and Big Brother.

Enright78
05-29-2002, 03:42 PM
DH is a semi professional singer and is taking part in the concert (classical) at Buckinghanm palace! He gets a posh picnic dinner and the chance to poke around BH all day!
I get to stay at home in front of the telly with a ham sandwich!
Ho Hum!:(

Truly
05-29-2002, 05:51 PM
Well, I shan't be doing much....I have just returned home from Casualty, after spending all day in the hospital having my ankle put in plaster - I fell off my skates last night, and my ankle was black and swollen this morning.
I'm really upset, as I should have been working (dancing) all weekend. Now I will miss out on all the big Bank Holiday tips.

CarolynU
05-30-2002, 02:13 PM
DH has to work on Sat and Sun, so nothing on those days. He is off on Monday and Tues, but we haven't anything planned, and I don't know of anything special happening locally. On Wed however we are going with DD and DS to Manchester to see Miss Saigon, and then on Thurs we are going to Alton Towers to ride AIR!!!! I can't wait!!!!!!! Friday is a lazy day, and then on Sat it is DD's birthday and we are going to London to see Mama Mia. Oh and although I'm not doing anything this weekend DD and her boyfriend are off to Disneyland Paris for 2 days. Lucky them. Carolyn

Beth__WDW23/6/02
05-30-2002, 04:07 PM
We might be going for a meal on sunday with brother and his wife, might walk into town monday they are holding a party etc with fireworks,my daughter loves them hehehe :D
Other than that nothing too exciting,oooohhh i may take a peek about the shops :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Beth