PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Las Vegas Show?

MickeyMickey
02-16-2009, 02:58 PM
Looking to go to one show in Vegas. Cost is not really an issue. Thinking about "O" but wanted to get others opinions. Also is it worth it to get the expensive seats, or would you go with the cheaper seats?

Thanks in Advance!

Danauk
02-16-2009, 03:10 PM
My favourite is also O, we opted for the expensive seats (but it was the night of our 10th wedding anniversary so it was a treat) and we thought it was well worth it.

My2Cinderellas
02-16-2009, 03:13 PM
I've seen Blue Man Group, then 3 Cirque du Soleil: Mystere, Ka and O. O was my favorite, we saw it last fall. I was too cheap to spring for the good seats, and opted for cheap seats. I think there is a category for partially obstructed and I wouldn't get those, but the next level up was just fine.

Had dinner at Todd English's Olives before the show and really enjoyed it too.

LuvOrlando
02-16-2009, 03:36 PM
-

dauser
02-16-2009, 03:43 PM
Cirque du Soleil's Love at the Mirage. I've also seen Zumanity and Mystere by Cirque, but I enjoyed this one by far the most. The combination of the acrobatics and the music was amazing. There's also so much going on, that you could probably see it multiple times and get a completely different experience out of it each time. I just saw it in December, and will be back next month and am thinking of seeing it again.

TDC Nala
02-16-2009, 03:52 PM
It'd be Love, or Ka.

O nearly put me to sleep. It was pretty though.

I love Olives!

ChristaDeVil
02-16-2009, 04:32 PM
I've never seen any of the CDS shows in Vegas, but if I had to pick one, I'd pick Love. I hear it's just cool.

dvcnewgirl
02-16-2009, 05:02 PM
Love is the best show I have ever seen anywhere. It is WONDERFUL! A must see.:love:

KimmyDisneyNerd
02-16-2009, 05:05 PM
Ka is my vote. A very close second would be "O"

ETA I think it is definitely worth the best seats. Was in 2nd row for O and 10th for Ka.

GJM
02-16-2009, 05:22 PM
Loved O and we had very good seats. It was our 10 yr. anniversary.

thinkerbell
02-16-2009, 05:33 PM
Call me different but I really enjoyed the Legends in Concert show.
I also absolutely loved Danny Gans.

As for O, I couldn't get out of there fast enough, which was disappointing because I made all the arrangements and even bought a whole new dress etc for the night out. Just not my cup of tea, but that's just my opinion. Most people seem to enjoy it.

I agree!!! We didn't like O at all but we loved Danny Gans.

Ohiodislover
02-16-2009, 05:34 PM
We liked Mystique much better than O. DH really enjoyed Love, but I haven't seen it. With cirque shows I like being back, and up a little bit. Easier to take it all in.

Blue Man group is fun. We also Loved Danny Gans. For a cheap goofy show, we liked the one at Statosphere too. I forget what it is called.

LisaZee
02-16-2009, 05:42 PM
O nearly put me to sleep. It was pretty though.

It DID put me to sleep. Most expensive nap I ever took...:faint:

I would go see Mystere - I still think it's best show in Vegas.

DeluxePrincess
02-16-2009, 06:21 PM
If you have any interest at all in the Beatles, I would suggest you go see Love. I "LOVED" it.;) It may not be worthwhile to a non-beatles fan though. I would suggest sitting in the middle at any Cirque show. That way, you can see both the aerial and ground acts.

While I was in Vegas, I heard tons of raves about Mystere. We didn't have enough time to check it out though. That one is on my list of future must-dos

We did see Phantom of the Opera at the Venetian. It is a shortened version of the original production, but very well done.

There is SO much to see. It all depends on your tastes.:goodvibes

audrabolster
02-16-2009, 06:42 PM
Elton John!!!

Stacerita
02-16-2009, 08:49 PM
Im all old school. I love seeing "An Evening at La Cage". Don't know why, but it just screams Vegas to me.

The Mystery Machine
02-16-2009, 08:54 PM
I haven't gone to Vegas..yet. But the show I am going to see without a doubt is Barry Manilow.:love:

NTDreams
02-16-2009, 08:58 PM
I think we are going to see Phantom and Bite.

S. C.
02-17-2009, 12:39 AM
I haven't gone to Vegas..yet either. But the show I am going to see without a doubt is Danny Gans. I have a video showing clips of his show. Very Very talented man.

kaytieeldr
02-17-2009, 05:27 AM
We liked Mystique much better than O. DH really enjoyed Love, but I haven't seen it. With cirque shows I like being back, and up a little bit. Easier to take it all in.

Blue Man group is fun. We also Loved Danny Gans. For a cheap goofy show, we liked the one at Statosphere too. I forget what it is called.
American Superstars?

---

Personally? Bette Midler if she's performing while you're there. She rotates with Elton John and Cher.

Also, George Wallace.

Dan Murphy
02-17-2009, 06:40 AM
I have seen -O- (3 times), Mystere (2 times), KA, and Beatles:Love. I would rate -O- first, Beatles:Love (if you like the Beatles), second.

As with any Cirque show, La Nouba included (3 times), most Cirque show goers will agree that second level seating is better than lower level seating. Much of the show occurs high up in the venue, as well as on the walkway between the two levels. Beatles:Love seating is a bit different, but still higher seating (not necessarily at the ceiling, LOL), is preferred.

Cirque shows are amazing.

All in all though, I can't stand Las Vegas, LOL. I have been there for business.

The Mystery Machine
02-17-2009, 06:45 AM
I haven't gone to Vegas..yet either. But the show I am going to see without a doubt is Danny Gans. I have a video showing clips of his show. Very Very talented man.

I have to give him a look.:thumbsup2

Mr.MouseFan
02-17-2009, 07:12 AM
If this was 2007 I would have said Celine Dion. Since she's gone, I'd vote for Mystere!

antmaril
02-17-2009, 08:13 AM
Here are my recommendations in order of preference:

Mystere (3x)
LOVE (2x)
"O" (2x)
Phantom of the Opera
Ka!

As you can see, I've seen some of these shows more than once. Mystere is my favorite Cirque show, followed by LOVE. Both are great!

tinkermell
02-17-2009, 09:35 AM
For all who are interested, check out the "California and the West" thread. It has alot of info on Vegas. Also which shows to see, and hotels to stay at.

Have fun!:thumbsup2

almacdonald
02-18-2009, 10:53 AM
It's a 3-way tie between Mystere, O and Love. There really are no bad seats in any of the theaters, they're not that big. Avoid the obstructed view seats though.

daisax
02-18-2009, 12:37 PM
When are you going? Because Vegas is hurting -- we got Love tickets half price. Had to be staying at the Mirage for that deal, but I assume they're making similar deals at other hotels to fill their theatres. We got tix half price to Jay Leno, too. So if there's a property that has a big show you're interested in, it might be worth spending $50 more to stay there if you're going to save $150 on ticket prices.

KimmyDisneyNerd
02-18-2009, 12:47 PM
I was just able to get Mystere tix thru my workplace. I'm going the second weekend of March, I have row D and was able to get them for 50% off. Check anywhere you can for discounts.

NBFUN
02-18-2009, 12:51 PM
We just saw 'O' last Thursday. We had front row seats which were $165/piece and we did get a little wet. However, the show was AMAZING. I wish I was able to see all the Cirque shows while we were there. I would highly recommend 'O', the performers were amazing.

dizneyrules
02-23-2009, 05:40 PM
My personal favorites have been Love and Blue Man Group. I highly recommend getting the "poncho seats" at BMG. It is so much fun and worth the extra cost. O was good but can get a bit boring in my opinion. :bored:

Happy planning!

Ann Marie :goodvibes

RichNKatHolly
03-04-2009, 01:04 PM
LOVE was very good. A little odd but lots to look at - all the seats were good and the music was GREAT! I don't even like the Beatles, but the sound system and the show just made it really fabulous.

I should emphasize again, that it is the one and only show, anywhere, I have ever been to with the exception of seeing Carmen in high school! ;)

medicjch
04-03-2009, 11:59 AM
Just saw KA last week and it was awesome! Have seen O in the past and had the limited view seats........not sure why they call them that because we saw everything just fine. O and KA were both great, but I think they are totally different shows. Danny Gans is great!

LindaM
04-03-2009, 01:52 PM
Saw Cher 2 weeks ago, she put on a fantastic show.