PDA

View Full Version : Lead (title) with your primary question

mecllap
02-15-2009, 09:56 PM
It's helpful if the beginning of your post, especially the title if it's a new thread, is specific to your topic and/or question -- if you start out with a lot of background narrative, some folks may just skip right over your post, but if you get their attention with a snappy question (followed by background if needed) -- you'll get lots of help (we're with DIS and we're here to help you!). (Just saying Newbie, or Help, etc. may get lost if too vague -- be specific). And Welcome to all the Newbies -- this is a great place to find out everything you want to know about Disney stuff.

lovetoscrap
02-15-2009, 10:02 PM
HEY STRANGER!!! I recognize a fellow sleuth! :teeth: How have you been??

(oops, I went OT on my own board. . :blush: )

On this board we do get a lot of just introductions, about me, and general "HELP" type posts.

It does help to be specific in your title, particularly on the other boards. "Have you ever. . " or " Resort Question" or "Weather question" can be a bit vauge and may not get the people you want to respond.

"Explain Tower of Terror", or "Preferred Rooms at Pop Location", or " Weather 2nd week of May" are much better because you will get people experienced with those things to open them and respond.

mecllap
02-16-2009, 03:57 PM
(Hi LTS -- Don't want to confuse new folks with reminiscing about WPASADI, do we -- I've been pleased to see you around being a Mod -- I'm great, planning next Diseny trips!).

I was hoping a few folks might see this thread and pick up a valuable tip about posting -- happens on lots of forums that what folks want to find out is lost in a lengthy story of background info - I've even seen titles that are just a ? and no words at all. Thanks for adding some ideas (I doubt that very many people read posting instructions/siggestions, tho).

DisnLuvr
02-25-2009, 08:20 PM
It was a good hint that to use the subject in the title.As a new user i got a lot of help from this board and still have not finalised the trip.But yes have started the countdown

kaylajr
02-26-2009, 06:34 AM
(Hi LTS -- Don't want to confuse new folks with reminiscing about WPASADI, do we -- I've been pleased to see you around being a Mod -- I'm great, planning next Diseny trips!).

Why not??? reminisicing about WPASADI could be fun :thumbsup2
if LTS doesn't shoot me for it LOL:rolleyes1

sorry couldn't resist the hijack
I'll quietly leave now;) :)