PDA

View Full Version : Question about Castaway Club & linked reservations

Sinderelli
02-14-2009, 04:29 PM
We will be traveling with 2 other families in Oct. This will be our 2nd DCL trip, so we are excited about CC and being able to book earlier. My question is- can I make a reservation at Palo at the 90 day mark for the 6 adults? This is their 1st cruise so they are not CC members.

Big Willie
02-14-2009, 04:56 PM
We have been able to make reservations for all guest linked. Currently we have 3 rooms reserved with linked reservations for the Spring Break Eastern. At the 90 mark we were able to make Palo reservations for both CC and non-CC passengers. Once we entered the reservation system all adults were listed irregardless of whether they were CCs.

Note*
We have CC and non-CCs staying in the same stateroom with the CC being the principle guest. In your case with non-CCs having their own stateroom I'm not sure how it may play out. I would log in under the CCs name at the 90 mark and see who is listed.

Also, Palo reservations are for 1-4 guest (largest table holds 4 persons). Because you have 6 you will have to make two reservations. Make sure a CC is the principle guest on each.

Example
CC - Wife make reservation for herself and 2 non-CC friends
CC-Husband make reservation for himself and 2 non-CC friends.
Once you show up at Palos you can sit with whom ever you wish.

Sinderelli
02-14-2009, 05:02 PM
Thanks for the helpful info!

icehawkmom
02-14-2009, 05:28 PM
I learned the hard way that you can book for all members of your group but they must all be paid before the 90 day mark and your reservations must be linked. This is even if they aren't castaway club and can't book there own reservations until 75 days out. I think this only works for dining reservations, but I may be wrong.

samily
02-14-2009, 05:31 PM
I was able to book Palo for us (CC members) and for my parents who were first time cruisers on DCL. Our reservations were linked and they were paid in full. However, I wasn't able to book other excursions for them - just Palo.

Sinderelli
02-14-2009, 05:51 PM
Ok, more good info- I forgot about that pesky paid in full thing!!! Now, how do I tactfully tell my friends to pay off their cruises early? :lmao: