PDA

View Full Version : Update- Trip for 4 now!!!Rookie OCDer plans her first trip!

Reese'smom
02-14-2009, 12:35 PM
Hi everyone! I'm sure no one will read this and don't feel obligated to. I just need a place to plan my daughter's first trip to The World! I want to put it here where my DH can't see how OCD I am! Ok, he knows I'm an obsessive planner, but doesn't like to be reminded. I've also loved reading everyone's PTR- thanks for all the great ideas.

The cast: Me: 27yo lover of baby clothes (you may know me from GFs), Twilight and obsessive planning! I'm currently a SAHM and loving every second of it. I was a social worker in my "past life." i love Disney but haven't been for many years. This is my first trip ever to plan for my family. I'm so excited.

DH: 27yo Industrial engineer (AKA cmputer geek). Loves to play Wii, all kinds of music and everything Georgia Tech sports related. Yes, he went to a dorky school and works on a computer all day, but I promise he's not the nerd type. He just sounds that way on paper. He's only been to disney twice- once in elementary school and once with my family about 5yrs ago.

DD: 18months old. the light of our lives and the sole purpose for our Disney trip. She'll be 25 months when we leave. Loves: all animals, talking (we cant understand her, but she knows what she's saying), running, any Disney movie, basically being wild. She's the only toddler I know that has taught themselves how to do flips. This will be her first trip to Disney!

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b9dc35b3127ccec60911f2689400000040O08AcM2jdozbNg e3nw4/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

Reese'smom
02-14-2009, 12:40 PM
The plan for now:

Friday, Sept. 10th: Leave after DH gets home from work. Drive all night to DGP's house in Florida
Sat: Beach day
Sun: Beach day
Mon: Get up early, drive 2 hours to ASM resort. Check luggage with desk, head to either Epcot or Magic kingdom?
Tuesday: Animal Kingdom
Wednesday: 2nd day MK
Thurs: Hollywood Studios
Friday: See if hotel will let us check out but leave our car there for a while? Head to Epcot for the day. Leave sometime that afternoon/evening and head back to DGP's.
Sat: Beach
Sun: Head home!

Of course this is just the plan for now. I'm busy checking crowd levels and using TGM to decide which day is the best for which park. Also deciding if we even need to do Epcot or just focus on Magic Kingdom.

Reese'smom
02-16-2009, 06:05 AM
So I've started my obsessive Disney planning notebook. I made the cover last night, using a digital kit from Brit-ish designs. I hear she posts on this board! I love all her kits!

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b9dc37b3127ccec634d902f81b00000040O08AcM2jdozbNg e3nw4/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

In other news, DH has tried to throw a wrench in my plans. He says he's ready for baby #2!!! I'm so excited, but at the same time, I kinda want to wait to get pregnant until after this trip. Any one with some advice on this? we're leaning towards waiting until late Sept.

Reese'smom
02-16-2009, 10:32 AM
Dining ideas (not set in stone yet)

Epcot: Coral Reef
MK: Crystal Palace
Poly: Ohana
HS: Hollywood and Vine

Reese'smom
02-17-2009, 10:03 AM
We're booked! I'm so excited. I just got the confirmation email! 5 days, 4 nights at the All Star Movie resort! I wish I could have requested either the Toy Story or dalmation building, but I guess we'll be happy with whatever we get.

This is me right now: :cheer2: :dance3: :cool1: :cloud9:

trinaweena
02-18-2009, 10:03 PM
Hey just wanted to let you know I'm reading!! so far so good!

I like your notebook! Where did you find that design its awesome!!

DisneymoonJess07
02-18-2009, 11:28 PM
Can't wait to hear more planning!!

Reese'smom
02-19-2009, 01:13 PM
Hey just wanted to let you know I'm reading!! so far so good!

I like your notebook! Where did you find that design its awesome!!

Yay I have readers! Thanks for giving a new girl a chance! I actually made that notebook cover in photoshop. I used a digital scrapbook kit by Brit-tish Designs. She posts here, I think. I plan to print it out and use it as the cover of my planning notebook. Thanks again for reading. I need to update on DH and I's debates over where to eat. He's particular about food- he MUST have the best (fanciest) food there. I like simple food and DD likes anything fruit or chicken nugget related.

Reese'smom
02-19-2009, 02:15 PM
First of all, I must tell all 2 of my readers that I am a bit obsessed with dressing DD. This trip will be her first Disney experience, so she MUST look the part. I'm not a lover of customs in general, I dont go for the ruffles of the bottoms of jeans. However, I feel like Reese should have something special to wear while we're at Disney. My wallet also wont let me go hog-wild with outfits, so I was thinking a few nice Disney themed shirts that could go with her basic shorts. I ran the idea past DH, who is actually one of the few men I know that care about what their kids wear, and he said he agreed. Disney shirts are needed. He even consented to a special dress to wear out one night. We dont normally do character clothes, so one dress will be planty since she will probably only wear it once or twice. So now I'm forced with this problem. Do I go all out custom and order some shirts from etsy? I've been eyeing some things made by Dis-ers. The problem with these is that most of the shirts are just Mickey heads! I need variety! Reese loves Ariel and tinkerbell but I cant seem to find a decent shirt with them on it.

http://ny-image1.etsy.com/il_430xN.31562349.jpg I love SweetBlingaDoo's shirts!

I could go the less expensive option and just stock up on some t shirts from the Disney Store. Lets face it, they aren't as cute a custom shirts. I dont like the writing on them and I'm afraid they would fall apart quickly. On the other hand, DD could probably ruin a custom shirt rather quickly too. Oh the decisions!

Disney store shirt: http://as7.dsi.go.com/is/image/DisneyShopping/100116M?$full$

DisneymoonJess07
02-19-2009, 02:38 PM
I think that Minnie Head is SUPER CUTE...one of those could be on order. And maybe a few from the Disney store too...or the lovely ladies on the DIS creative boards seem to be able to do all kinds of things, so maybe you could get more designs if you like. It's all up to you!

She will be adorably cute though, no matter what!

Reese'smom
02-22-2009, 06:29 PM
Ok- so I mentioned earlier that DH is a foodie. Well in addition to being snobby about food, he also believes in being efficient (he's an industrial engineer). This means he wants to get the most out of our dining plan. He states that we will not waste it on breakfast. this makes me very :sad1: because breakfast is my favorite meal of the day! He's not big on buffets either but with a 2yo its easier, so I'll make him do a buffet or two. Here are the options that I have narrowed it down to.

Crystal Palace (must go here!)
Coral Reef
Chef Mickey's
Ohana
Mama Melrose's
Cap'n Jack's

Are all these good choices? If not, please suggest something else- it wont hurt my feelings. I've been to Disney a few times but somehow don't remember where I ate any of the times? :confused3 :confused3 :confused3

trinaweena
02-22-2009, 08:29 PM
Ok- so I mentioned earlier that DH is a foodie. Well in addition to being snobby about food, he also believes in being efficient (he's an industrial engineer). This means he wants to get the most out of our dining plan. He states that we will not waste it on breakfast. this makes me very :sad1: because breakfast is my favorite meal of the day! He's not big on buffets either but with a 2yo its easier, so I'll make him do a buffet or two. Here are the options that I have narrowed it down to.

Crystal Palace (must go here!)
Coral Reef
Chef Mickey's
Ohana
Mama Melrose's
Cap'n Jack's

Are all these good choices? If not, please suggest something else- it wont hurt my feelings. I've been to Disney a few times but somehow don't remember where I ate any of the times? :confused3 :confused3 :confused3

Crystal Palace and Chef Mickey's are definatly a must especially with a little one! We're doing both in March and I'm very excited! From what I hear there are not many good Table Service places at Hollywood Studies...I've never eaten at Mama Melrose but the Boyfriend has and he likes it and he's a picky eater so I guess that's a good thing!!

i've heard good things about Ohana and haven't really heard much about Cap'n Jacks. How many days are you going for again?

Reese'smom
03-03-2009, 04:52 PM
Hi everyone! I've been MIA because of a lot of stuff going on at work and I snuck away to the beach for a few days. Long story short- my job has been in limbo for several months and I think it is finally going to end this week. I was laid off, then back to fill in for someone and she came back sooner than expected so I'm gonna be laid off- again! Oh well. I've come to terms with it and am looking forward to being home with Reese.

Back to Disney planning- anyone have any feedback on my dining choices?

Reese'smom
03-04-2009, 09:33 AM
Non-disney related: Reese had her 18month apt. today. They didn't tell me anything I didn't already know. She's tall- 75%! I find this amazing because I'm 5'1. She's skinny- 5%. She's never been anything but 5% so they arent worried. Big head- 75%. The doctor told me that I could try potty training if I wanted. Reese announced " I poop" while we were there, so the doctor said she might be ready. I'm not sure I WANT to potty train before our disney trip!

Reese'smom
03-07-2009, 11:56 AM
Disney updates: We ordered some shirts from disney store for Reese! I decided to do some basic shirts like this, and then a couple of custom shirts too!
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b9dd26b3127ccec6dabc0b65d600000040O08AcM2jdozbNg e3nw4/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

We also got Disney Mail! Not exciting information, but excited to get it, if that makes sense. DH will be studying the maps so he can navigate us around The World!

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b9dd26b3127ccec6da72bbe43100000040O08AcM2jdozbNg e3nw4/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b9dd26b3127ccec6da21c4a4ff00000040O08AcM2jdozbNg e3nw4/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

Non-disney: Reese has the craziest hair ever. This is what it looks like when she gets up in the morning and after naps. A big frizzy mess.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b9dd26b3127ccec6da9651e4a900000040O08AcM2jdozbNg e3nw4/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

This is what it looks like after a little mousse. I wonder if it will always be somewhat curly or if these are what they call "baby curls?" DH has curls, my hair is straight as can be. I really have no clue how to handle this hair. Any help would be great.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b9dd26b3127ccec6dbaeddc47500000040O08AcM2jdozbNg e3nw4/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

Reese'smom
03-10-2009, 08:17 PM
Just testing my signature! Hoping to get some readers and some suggestions about what else I should be doing to plan my trip!

Reese'smom
03-12-2009, 06:41 PM
Ok- so no one is reading this and thats ok. I will continue to talk to myself and add stuff for me. No problems. I worked on my planning notebook more today and worked on my tour plans. I have no idea if I'm missing important things to see.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b9dd33b3127ccec6cce8a8d68500000040O08AcM2jdozbNg e3nw4/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b9dd33b3127ccec6cd9189377c00000040O08AcM2jdozbNg e3nw4/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b9dd33b3127ccec6cddf5db6bf00000040O08AcM2jdozbNg e3nw4/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

Still need to work on MK day 2 and Hollywood studios.

trinaweena
03-12-2009, 09:19 PM
I'm reading! Sorry I've been lax about commenting....we leave in just 8 days, so I'll have lots of tips for you when I get back!

Reese'smom
03-13-2009, 05:49 AM
I'm reading! Sorry I've been lax about commenting....we leave in just 8 days, so I'll have lots of tips for you when I get back!

Thanks for commenting. I'm beginning to think that this board isn't as nice as my other message board. Seems like everyone has a "group" here and they don't bother to talk to new people. Oh well. I guess I will continue to mostly lurk.

DisneymoonJess07
03-13-2009, 08:49 AM
I love your lists! They are so cute!

I check in from work mostly, so sometimes the pictures don't show up and I didn't notice them before! I think they are great.

One of the best ways I've found to get readers is to comment on other people's PTRs. We're all in this together, I think. Or, if you have a really specific question, you can start a thread on it in one of the general forums.

Good luck :vibes: wish I had more advice for you, but I haven't been since 1996! :laughing:

Reese'smom
03-13-2009, 09:47 AM
I love your lists! They are so cute!

I check in from work mostly, so sometimes the pictures don't show up and I didn't notice them before! I think they are great.

One of the best ways I've found to get readers is to comment on other people's PTRs. We're all in this together, I think. Or, if you have a really specific question, you can start a thread on it in one of the general forums.

Good luck :vibes: wish I had more advice for you, but I haven't been since 1996! :laughing:

Thanks! I am also semi-new to digital scrapbooking. I started when i had my DD 19 months ago. I love to play around with photoshop, although I'm nowhere near as talented as most digi scrappers you see out there.

I bet you're excited about your upcoming trip too!

DisneymoonJess07
03-13-2009, 10:30 AM
We are so excited! I need to book the hotel/tickets package and I will feel like it is so much more real!

Where did you find the Disney digi-scrapping stuff? I have done some stuff with photoshop as well and it is great fun (when I have time!)

shordiebecka
03-13-2009, 11:35 AM
I'm here! i LOVE your animal kingdom page...Animal Kingdom is the focus of my trip (never really explored it in full), so I love your design!!! My suggestion for DD hair- little hair ties and little plastic barrets can do wonders, perhaps a small pony on the top of the head? Don't have any kids myself but been working with toddlers for 6 years now :rotfl:

Reese'smom
03-13-2009, 12:19 PM
We are so excited! I need to book the hotel/tickets package and I will feel like it is so much more real!

Where did you find the Disney digi-scrapping stuff? I have done some stuff with photoshop as well and it is great fun (when I have time!)

Most of it is from Brit-tish Designs. I love her work and I hear that she posts on this board some!

I'm here! i LOVE your animal kingdom page...Animal Kingdom is the focus of my trip (never really explored it in full), so I love your design!!! My suggestion for DD hair- little hair ties and little plastic barrets can do wonders, perhaps a small pony on the top of the head? Don't have any kids myself but been working with toddlers for 6 years now :rotfl:

Thanks for the hair advice- it is just out of control. I dont know if it will stay wavy/curly or turn straight later.

The Animal Kingdom stuff is from a scrapper called Shabby Miss Jenn. You should google her. she makes awesome stuff.

wdwmom0f3
03-13-2009, 04:18 PM
Hi!!

I followed you over from my trip report. I love your notebook, it's so cute!! Your daughter is cute too. I love that hair, it looks just like my little girls hair when she was that age. :) The minnie bow is so cute too.. I wish my girls were still little. princess:

Your plans sound great so far. You will love Chef Mickeys, we go there almost every time. We are also going to Ohana for the first time and I have heard nothing but great things about it. We also like Coral Reef, though we are skipping it this next time unless I add another day.... which is in the back of my head. ;)

You may also like 1900 Park Fare. It's at the Grand Floridian Resort, on the monorail loop. You can have dinner with the Prince & Cinderella. :lovestruc They also have the step mother & step sisters, and they really play it up at your dinner table. It's cute.

I agree with your DH about getting the most for your money. You may could even get lucky enough to get "free dining" while you are there. Your going in Sept right? Keep your eyes open. :woohoo:

trinaweena
03-13-2009, 09:05 PM
your lists are very cute

I think people on here are friendly, but people tend to be more 'commenty' if you comment on there TR as well

OhioDisneyLover
03-14-2009, 04:32 AM
Hi :wave2:

Just found your PTR. Seems that we will be there when you are there!

First, Reese is too dang cute for words! She is darling. :)

Also, I love your planning book. My favorite page is the one for Animal Kingdom. Very cute.

The shirts that you decided on were very cute from the Disney store. I've seen some very cute stuff on the DISign threads too. I think my favorite is the stick family design. I made them for all of us last year. Had to do some smooth talkin' to get DH to wear his, but he did. :rolleyes1

Your dining choices were great. My DH and I love breakfast so we do Tusker House a lot. I've been to Crystal Palace and Chef Mickey's for dinner and we liked them both.

Happy planning. I am subbing to hear more. popcorn::

Reese'smom
03-18-2009, 07:27 AM
Hi :wave2:

Just found your PTR. Seems that we will be there when you are there!

First, Reese is too dang cute for words! She is darling. :)

Also, I love your planning book. My favorite page is the one for Animal Kingdom. Very cute.

The shirts that you decided on were very cute from the Disney store. I've seen some very cute stuff on the DISign threads too. I think my favorite is the stick family design. I made them for all of us last year. Had to do some smooth talkin' to get DH to wear his, but he did. :rolleyes1

Your dining choices were great. My DH and I love breakfast so we do Tusker House a lot. I've been to Crystal Palace and Chef Mickey's for dinner and we liked them both.

Happy planning. I am subbing to hear more. popcorn::

Thanks for reading!

I'm at a lull in trip planning, which I hate. I have my notebook pretty far along. I printed out a bunch of stuff from TGM, packing lists and I finally found a chart that shows where all the characters are. Anything else I can be doing right now? I'm a SAHM to a very independent 19 month old, so I need stuff to keep me busy. For once in my life, my house is always clean!

Can anyone recommend a bag to take to Disney? I dont think a diaper bag is gonna do the trick. I dont know if we'd be better off with a messenger style or a backpack. It has to be something multifunctional as it will be DH's gym bag after Disney. Its the only way I could get him to agree to a new bag. I'm a bit of a purse/bag collector. I have 4 or 5 coach bags, a Kate Spade, have a Pottery Barn diaper bag as well as a ju-ju bee diaper bag. I LOVE bags!

Stasieki
03-18-2009, 10:31 AM
Great PTR. I will be reading along. Our DD3, will be going again this Nov. We lived in FL until last June so she went at 6 mon, 18 mon and 2 yr. They were all great trips. I like a messenger style bag when at Disney b/c you can grab thing faster. I have used both kinds, but when I think back, it just seems the messenger style was more functional. Although, my DH would use the backpack more. This trip, I will be on the search for a new bag, too. She is older now so probably don't need as big as a bag. One other thing I do, which seems to help a lot, is I put a small soft sided cooler in our stroller and keep cold small waters and snacks. Our DD snacked a lot in her stroller tray. With character meals, they tend not to eat that much, although they are a blast.

You could get her first haircut at the Main Street barber? Not sure if you have heard of it, but for something like $15, you get the haircut and mickey ears, too. We tried to do this, but missed it (the line can get long, so you have to hit it at the right time).

irky416
03-18-2009, 02:44 PM
I just found your PTR. Sounds great so far! I like your planning pages. You did a great job!!

(I agree with the others - if you want readers to comment, go post on other people's reports and they'll likely come post on yours. Also, add lots of pictures!)

derncare
03-18-2009, 03:30 PM
Hi Reese's Mom! I just found your report. I am a newbie here and just started my report. I haven't had much comments either so I know how you feel but then again, the girls are right, I have read tons of reports but not done much if any commenting on my own. I'll have to get right on that AFTER we get back. We're leaving in TWO DAYS and it is the first trip for all of us! We're so excited! Can't wait to hear more about your trip. Check out my Report to see my binder. Good luck!

Reese'smom
03-18-2009, 03:43 PM
Ok- my few wonderful readers- you want more pictures- you get more pictures! See, I live to please!

Let me back up a little and give you some info on DH and I. We met in high school and were very good friends. We ended up going to senior prom together just as friends as DH had another girlfriend (long story on why he went with me not her). Well just a few weeks after prom he broke up with her and started asking me out. I resisted but on our senior trip I decided he was pretty wonderful. That was 2000 and we've been together ever since. I love to travel so we've done bunches of beach trips and cruises. Here's a pic of us a few years ago on a cruise.
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b7ce39b3127ccec2316837b6b100000010O08AcM2jdozbNg e3nw4/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

The summer after I graduated from college DH called me up and told me to pack my bags for a surprise beach trip! He told me we were gonna meet our friends at the same beach we went to for our senior trip. We (ok-DH) drove all night and we got to the beach right before sunrise. He suggested that we watch the sunrise on the beach. It was then that he pulled out a ring and proposed! I was so surprised. This is us right after.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b7ce39b3127ccec231b3cef6bd00000010O08AcM2jdozbNg e3nw4/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

I'll have to look for some pictures of our wedding to scan. Here's an engagement picture to hold you over!

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b5da20b3127cceca96e860fbcf00000010O08AcM2jdozbNg e3nw4/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b5da20b3127cceca976088db2f00000010O08AcM2jdozbNg e3nw4/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

irky416
03-18-2009, 06:57 PM
You guys are cute together!

Kblue
03-19-2009, 01:08 PM
I love your planning journal!!! It is so cute! I wish that I was that creative

Baby Sesame
03-23-2009, 11:44 PM
Hi Reese's mom! I love your PTR. I love it because we have couple things in common. We both have a new daughter (I'm assuming she's your first baby like mine) and we both have disney trips coming up for them! Reese is adorable. I loved her crazy hair picture, pretty funny.:rotfl: You made me realize that, oh yeah, I gotta start picking out my baby's outfits too!! Do continue the PTR!! I also enjoy reading about other stuff besides your planning, issues like Reese's hair.;)

Reese'smom
03-25-2009, 09:05 AM
I love your planning journal!!! It is so cute! I wish that I was that creative

Thank you! the planner isnt really that hard- I'm sure you could do it! I use photoshop elements.

Hi Reese's mom! I love your PTR. I love it because we have couple things in common. We both have a new daughter (I'm assuming she's your first baby like mine) and we both have disney trips coming up for them! Reese is adorable. I loved her crazy hair picture, pretty funny.:rotfl: You made me realize that, oh yeah, I gotta start picking out my baby's outfits too!! Do continue the PTR!! I also enjoy reading about other stuff besides your planning, issues like Reese's hair.;)

Thanks for reading and WELCOME!

Well, we got part of our tax refund today so we paid off the rest of our trip! We hate owing money! I also ordered some disney customs off etsy for Reese! It'll be a while before I get them, but I will post pictures when I do.

DH has been gone for the past few days, so I made him some cupcakes and left them out for him. He got home at 1am last night from Nashville. Here's what was waiting on him.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b9dd04b3127ccec6e7d276e5a100000040O08AcM2jdozbNg e3nw4/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b9dd04b3127ccec6e73a62e5c100000040O08AcM2jdozbNg e3nw4/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

In other news, the Inlaws have booked a Royal caribbean cruise for themselves in June. They NEVER go anywhere and have never been on a cruise. Since I have been on 10 cruises with RC, I've thought about making them a cruise notebook/journal. Any ideas on what I could include in it?

jenharring
03-25-2009, 03:51 PM
Thanks for reading!

I'm at a lull in trip planning, which I hate. I have my notebook pretty far along. I printed out a bunch of stuff from TGM, packing lists and I finally found a chart that shows where all the characters are. Anything else I can be doing right now? I'm a SAHM to a very independent 19 month old, so I need stuff to keep me busy. For once in my life, my house is always clean!

Can anyone recommend a bag to take to Disney? I dont think a diaper bag is gonna do the trick. I dont know if we'd be better off with a messenger style or a backpack. It has to be something multifunctional as it will be DH's gym bag after Disney. Its the only way I could get him to agree to a new bag. I'm a bit of a purse/bag collector. I have 4 or 5 coach bags, a Kate Spade, have a Pottery Barn diaper bag as well as a ju-ju bee diaper bag. I LOVE bags!

I bought a bagonilli online ( I know I didnt spell that right) I saw where several people suggested them, I think it is great. I accually got it way cheaper than the list price.
Where did you find the chart with all the characters on it?

jenharring
03-25-2009, 03:56 PM
Ok- so no one is reading this and thats ok. I will continue to talk to myself and add stuff for me. No problems. I worked on my planning notebook more today and worked on my tour plans. I have no idea if I'm missing important things to see.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b9dd33b3127ccec6cce8a8d68500000040O08AcM2jdozbNg e3nw4/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b9dd33b3127ccec6cd9189377c00000040O08AcM2jdozbNg e3nw4/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b9dd33b3127ccec6cddf5db6bf00000040O08AcM2jdozbNg e3nw4/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

Still need to work on MK day 2 and Hollywood studios.

Where do get those pages from? I want to do something like that.

Reese'smom
03-25-2009, 04:10 PM
I bought a bagonilli online ( I know I didnt spell that right) I saw where several people suggested them, I think it is great. I accually got it way cheaper than the list price.
Where did you find the chart with all the characters on it?

Thanks for the suggestion! I was thinking about the baggallini, but didnt know if it would be big enough.

Here's where I found the character chart. Its not really up to date, but we're mainly looking for basic characters.
http://www.themouseforless.com/downloads/Character%20Find/WDW-Character-Find.pdf

Thanks for the compliment on my planning pages. I actually made them myself in Photoshop Elements. I used Brit-Tish designs scrapbook kits and a kit from Shabby Ms. Jenn designs. those girls rock.

Reese'smom
03-27-2009, 07:31 AM
We've hit some big (in my opinion) milestones this week. Reese learned how to drink out of a straw and taught herself to use a fork. The two biggest developments though are that she USED THE POTTY and actually called me mommy instead of her usual "dada." I cant tell you how excited I am about both of those! The kid has been calling me dada since she was 9 months old. I knew she knew I was mommy and I knew she COULD say it. The kid speaks mostly in complete sentences. So thats the excitement over here besides waiting to book our free dining. Heres a picture preview of Reese's Easter dress. Hopefully it wont be freezing.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b9dd06b3127ccec6e2604975d200000070O18AcM2jdozbNg e3nw4/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D1/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

Stasieki
03-27-2009, 10:31 AM
I know how you feel. My DD3 finally pooped in the potty last night (she has been pee pee trained for about 4 months). I was so excited I took her to Target to buy a toy for her and I was bragging to the other mom's in the toy section. They totally understood why I was so excited. Only Mom's know:banana:

I love the Easter dress. Very cute!

Reese'smom
03-29-2009, 10:47 AM
Dining discussion:

Epcot: TS: Coral Reef
CS: Sunshine Seasons

trinaweena
03-29-2009, 11:48 PM
We just did Sunshine Seasons while we were there...can't say I'm in any hurry to go back...very expensive for so so food

Reese'smom
03-30-2009, 06:24 AM
I have 2 words for you loyal readers- FREE DINING!!!!!!!

I just called and had it added to our reservation. I was prepared to have to move resorts, not have a preferred room, etc, but NOPE. I was able to keep everything the same! I'm so happy.

Stasieki
03-30-2009, 09:49 AM
Great news!!!!!

Reese'smom
04-05-2009, 08:45 PM
Ok- not Disney related at all, but I need a place to vent. I'm trying to lose the weight I've gained since getting married and having Reese. I've been working out everyday and really watching what I eat. I either do 20 mins on the Ellipitcal (trying to work up to 30) or 30 min on treadmill. I had lost 4 lbs total, but then the weekend came and I ate 1 piece of pizza and then the next day had half a sandiwch from Gorins- the result: 2 lb weight gain! WHY?!?! I'm short- 5'1 and weigh 133 lbs. It doesnt seem like a lot of weight until you factor in my height. I'm just so frustrated. I feel like I'm never going to be skinny again.

jenharring
04-05-2009, 09:43 PM
are you sure its not water weight? sometimes during that time of the month or when it is close to that time of the month you can gain 5+ lbs.

Reese'smom
04-05-2009, 09:47 PM
are you sure its not water weight? sometimes during that time of the month or when it is close to that time of the month you can gain 5+ lbs.

Nah, not water weight. I did just stop taking my BCP in preperation for trying for #2 after our trip. Could that be it?

Stasieki
04-06-2009, 09:36 AM
It could be the BCP. I just came off, too in preparations for trying for # 2 (came off a month and a half ago) and I have been exercising, eating fairly well, but can't get anything off. It is so frustrating. I am 10 lbs more than when I got pregnant with DD#1 and was hoping to be back there before pregnant again, but it doesn't look like that will happen. We are going to start trying in May - yeah!!!!!

Reese'smom
04-09-2009, 03:14 PM
It could be the BCP. I just came off, too in preparations for trying for # 2 (came off a month and a half ago) and I have been exercising, eating fairly well, but can't get anything off. It is so frustrating. I am 10 lbs more than when I got pregnant with DD#1 and was hoping to be back there before pregnant again, but it doesn't look like that will happen. We are going to start trying in May - yeah!!!!!

You sound just like me! I've been 5-10 lbs heavier than before I had Reese. I have lost a a pound the last day or so. DH keeps telling me to not weigh everyday because it'll drive me crazy. I'm working out everyday, but I may have to skip today. I actually had to work today (I currently work on a "as needed" basis) so I am very very tired. Plus we have dinner plan with our friends at WAFFLE HOUSE. If you're from the South you know how "healthy" the food is there....:rolleyes1 I think one of my key things is water. I have been making an effort to drink lots and lots of water. It helps me feel full sooner and not overeat. I do have to run to the bathroom every 10 minutes though.

Disney related- nothing going on. I finally got my free dining confirmation in the mail. I'm thinking of maybe making an Epcot passport or autograph book for Reese- is she too young for that stuff? She'll be a little over 2 when we go.

Stasieki
04-09-2009, 04:07 PM
You sound just like me! I've been 5-10 lbs heavier than before I had Reese. I have lost a a pound the last day or so. DH keeps telling me to not weigh everyday because it'll drive me crazy. I'm working out everyday, but I may have to skip today. I actually had to work today (I currently work on a "as needed" basis) so I am very very tired. Plus we have dinner plan with our friends at WAFFLE HOUSE. If you're from the South you know how "healthy" the food is there....:rolleyes1 I think one of my key things is water. I have been making an effort to drink lots and lots of water. It helps me feel full sooner and not overeat. I do have to run to the bathroom every 10 minutes though.

Disney related- nothing going on. I finally got my free dining confirmation in the mail. I'm thinking of maybe making an Epcot passport or autograph book for Reese- is she too young for that stuff? She'll be a little over 2 when we go.

Funny you mentioned the autograph book - I have decided to do for our DD3 on our Nov trip. I'm not creative, though, so will buy one down there. Awesome about losing some weight. I'm from the South, too! I had lost 1.5 lbs and then gained it back in two days when I couldn't exercise due to rain. It is sunny again and I jogged last night and will do it again tonight. I am now hoping to lose 5 lbs before we start trying. Had to lower the goal:)

Reese'smom
05-04-2009, 09:49 AM
Sorry I've been MIA! I've been super busy with working out, sewing and I just got back from vacation in florida. Reese and I left DH at home and went to Amelia Island for Shrimp Festival with my parents. I love it there, so relaxing. I do have some pictures to show! You have to keep in mind that it is a very SMALL town and this festival is the biggest thing that happens there all year.

Reese running to get to the beach!
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b9db25b3127ccec75cc3def40b00000040O08AcM2jdozbNg e3nw4/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b9db25b3127ccec75dc487948500000040O08AcM2jdozbNg e3nw4/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

Waiting for the parade to start with Gran ( I MADE this outfit- first time sewing)
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b9db25b3127ccec75d0052150200000040O08AcM2jdozbNg e3nw4/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

Reese and mommy (ME!)
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b9db25b3127ccec75d3d03d4e500000040O08AcM2jdozbNg e3nw4/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

Floats:
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b9db25b3127ccec75cb9dc750400000040O08AcM2jdozbNg e3nw4/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b9db25b3127ccec75c857c75ba00000040O08AcM2jdozbNg e3nw4/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b9db25b3127ccec75c401a352600000040O08AcM2jdozbNg e3nw4/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b9db25b3127ccec75c8a5eb43700000040O08AcM2jdozbNg e3nw4/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

Back to the beach!
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b9db25b3127ccec75cd38ef45300000040O08AcM2jdozbNg e3nw4/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b9db25b3127ccec75cfc2c354e00000040O08AcM2jdozbNg e3nw4/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

Stasieki
05-04-2009, 09:52 AM
Such great pictures. I love Reese's swimsuits! I just moved from Jacksonville. I LOVE Amelia Island.

TeaForTulips
05-19-2009, 04:53 PM
subbing! I love your PTR so far !

Reese is too cute for words!

You got me hooked! You love Disney, Twilight, the beach, and you are so crafty with your planning journal and sewing! We would get along great! :rotfl: ;)

Your dining options are looking great so far. I'm glad you got in on the free dining deal! :cool1: I think Crystal Palace is fabulous. If you can get an early reservation it is well worth it to get in the park early! The food is really great too. I have not heard much about Cap'n Jacks. I do recommend Earl of Sandwich at DTD. We ate there three times on our recent trip. It is so yummy!!

Can't wait for your next update!

Reese'smom
05-24-2009, 08:37 AM
Ok- I'm getting stressed about nailing down my ADRs! I have no idea which day to do what restaurant and how I'm gonna fit in going to DTD! Here's what we have decided for sure.
Monday: Epcot: Lunch, sunshine Seasons. Dinner: Coral Reef
Tuesday: Animal Kingdom: Lunch: TBD, Dinner: Yak and Yeti
Wednesday: MK: Lunch: TBD Dinner: Chef Mickeys
Thursday: Hollywood Studios: We may switch it up and do a TS breakfast this day. DH has a football game to watch on tv that night and states he wont miss it. Ugh. Men.
Friday: MK in the morning. Leaving after lunch.

Reese'smom
05-24-2009, 09:59 AM
subbing! I love your PTR so far !

Reese is too cute for words!

You got me hooked! You love Disney, Twilight, the beach, and you are so crafty with your planning journal and sewing! We would get along great! :rotfl: ;)

Your dining options are looking great so far. I'm glad you got in on the free dining deal! :cool1: I think Crystal Palace is fabulous. If you can get an early reservation it is well worth it to get in the park early! The food is really great too. I have not heard much about Cap'n Jacks. I do recommend Earl of Sandwich at DTD. We ate there three times on our recent trip. It is so yummy!!

Can't wait for your next update!

Welcome! Thanks for the compliments! I've fallen behind with my planning because I'm learning to sew. I'm making Reese a dress right now and it has consumed my time! Keep reading! DH is getting our printer fixed so I can update my planning journal.

meggymouse
05-27-2009, 11:59 AM
I just found your PTR and I'm subscribing to it! It's my first time subscribing. I have a daughter same age as yours. I saw you mentioned etsy. They have the cutest stuff! I bought a pillowcase dress from there with an embroidered mickey before our easter trip. Everyone kept stopping us to ask where I got it from. If I can help at all let me know!

Disneychix
05-27-2009, 02:37 PM
Just reading your PTR now! Your family is too cute! I can tell Reese looks a lot like you.

If Reese is into the characters on Disney Channel there's a great b-fast in DHS with the characters from Little Einstiens and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.

I cannot tell you how much I love Crystal Palace breakfast. It's my favorite! Or if she's into Princesses (lucky you I am the only princess lover in my family!) you can try Norway in EPCOT for the Princess BF!
Good luck planning! :)

My2Qtz0205
05-27-2009, 03:46 PM
Hi, I just found your report today!

I wish I could learn to sew. I am an avid traditional scrapbooker, and just bought a new desk to help me organize all of my stuff! I can't imagine finding room for sewing stuff, too! :lmao: I will just admire all of you talented people.

Reese'smom
05-27-2009, 03:52 PM
Hi, I just found your report today!

I wish I could learn to sew. I am an avid traditional scrapbooker, and just bought a new desk to help me organize all of my stuff! I can't imagine finding room for sewing stuff, too! :lmao: I will just admire all of you talented people.

Welcome! Digital scrapbooking doesn't take up much space! Just a computer. Sewing is a different story. We don't have a lot of extra room in our house, so my sewing stuff has its own corner on my kitchen desk. I'm still so new at it, but I love it! I'm done with a dress for Reese, but I haven't hemed it yet. I'll be sure to post pictures when I hem it. I think it turned out pretty good for my first try.

Fall1
06-11-2009, 08:24 PM
Love your PTR!! Your DD is so cute. I'm addicted to Disney and dressing DD and DS too :)

Have a great trip! We'll be going in October for our twins first trip and they'll be 28 mos, so I'll be excited to read your TR!!

MinnieNurse
06-11-2009, 09:24 PM
Just found your report and am all caught up.

Reese is so adorable. I think custom shirts will be cute, but the ones from the Disney store are usually pretty nice and hold up well. I am not creative enough for customs things unless you can iron them on. :rotfl:

Reese'smom
06-12-2009, 06:33 AM
Hi everyone! ADR day is Tuesday and I am freaking out! DH and I sat down last night to nail down our decisions. We h ave to pick places that Reese will be entertained at because she's starting her terrible twos a little early! DH is completely happy with all the choices,but he'll get over it. Like I have said earlier, he wants to go to all the "fancy" restaurants and we just cant do that with a 2 year old who screams! Here are our final choices.
Monday: Epcot, but dinner at Chef Mickey's so we can see Spectro after.
Tuesday: MK, but dinner at Epcot's Coral Reef
Wednesday: HS, dinner at Planet Hollywood, then DTD shopping
Thursday: AK, quick dinner off property, doing Tusker House breakfast as our TS.
Friday: No dining plan this day, so we'll just do quick service lunch before we leave!

In other news, the custom seller on Etsy is giving me the run around. Basically, I'm going to be out of my $150. I probably wont get the clothes. I'm so mad. She claims to be sick and in and out of the hospital, but I dont believe her. She's given these stories before to other people. I've filed a dispute with paypal and Etsy, but I haven't heard anything from them. I don't know what else to do. I'm a SAHM who lives on a tight budget so I should never have ordered all the clothes to begin with, but now I'm not even going to get them! I don't have the money to order from a different seller, so Reese wont have customs and that's ok. She wont care. It just makes me so upset to be taken advantage of.

Stasieki
06-12-2009, 10:00 AM
Your ADR's look great. Have you throught about doing a Crystal Palace breakfast at 8:00 to get into MK before opening (needs to be on a non extra hours day). It is the best with a toddler, then you can do the Dumbo Dash and get there quick.

I am so sorry about your customs. Why won't she give you your money back if she can't make the items? I would be irrate. We did customs for Abby's first two trips, but this year, I have decided to do Disney T-shirts and princess costumes. It will be a whole lot cheaper. I may do one custom for MVMCP, but don't know.

Keep us posted.

MinnieNurse
06-12-2009, 10:06 AM
In other news, the custom seller on Etsy is giving me the run around. Basically, I'm going to be out of my $150. I probably wont get the clothes. I'm so mad. She claims to be sick and in and out of the hospital, but I dont believe her. She's given these stories before to other people. I've filed a dispute with paypal and Etsy, but I haven't heard anything from them. I don't know what else to do. I'm a SAHM who lives on a tight budget so I should never have ordered all the clothes to begin with, but now I'm not even going to get them! I don't have the money to order from a different seller, so Reese wont have customs and that's ok. She wont care. It just makes me so upset to be taken advantage of.

I have no idea what Etsy is? But, I dont understand why the seller is not refunding your money if she is not going to make your items? Did she refuse to refund your money? :confused:

Fall1
06-12-2009, 10:43 AM
I am so sorry about your Etsy problems! If you've filed a complaint with Paypal, you should hear from them. They are usually pretty good about people not receiving their goods. Have you filed a complaint with Etsy too!!

ADRs look good! We are planning on Coral Reef too! You might want to check out Wolfgang Puck Cafe (the downstairs) for your DTD dinner, it's YUM and nice and loud!

Reese'smom
06-12-2009, 12:23 PM
Well, paypal responded. They can't do anything because its been more than 45 days. I haven't heard from Etsy and probably wont since the seller shut down her account there. What a bummer.

Thanks for the suggestions on improving our ADRs! I will look at all the menus of your reccomendations. In less than 100 days I will be in Disney!!!

Reese'smom
06-30-2009, 04:54 PM
It's been a while since I've posted. We've been very busy and Reese was sick for 2 weeks straight. the biggest news is that we're adding another person to our trip, sorta. I just found out that I'm PREGNANT! We thought we'd wait until after Disney to get pregnant with #2, but God had other plans. We are so over the moon excited. I'm due the end of February, so I'll be about 18 weeks along at Disney. IMO- this is the perfect time to go on a vacation. I will hopefully be feeling great and not too huge by then. Right now I'm feeling great except for being extremely tired. Now I have to rethink my whole packing scheme since I will for sure be in maternity clothes in Disney.

Stasieki
07-01-2009, 10:15 AM
Yeah - congrats. We are trying to get pregnant right now. No luck so far, but it has only been 2 months. We go in Nov so am hoping I will be preggo, too, when we go. What ADR's did you end up getting?

Reese'smom
07-08-2009, 03:37 PM
The ADR thing was a nightmare. Online ADRs started the morning I was calling, so I got some bad times. I ended up doing some switching around and now I'm ok with what we have.
9/14: 5:55 Crystal Palace (wanted Chef Mickeys)
9/15 6:00 Coral Reef ( had 4:00 originally)
9/16 5:45 Planet Hollywood- the only one I got exactly when I wanted the first time
9/17 8:25 breakfast Tusker House (had 9:15 originally)
I was upset about not getting Chef Mickey's but then I started thinking that DD will get to meet Mickey at Tusker House,plus she's getting into Tigger and Pooh, so I think it will be ok.
I'm now hitting some pregnancy induced food aversions. I cant stand the sight/smell of meat. I'm hoping I'll be over it by Disney. If not, I may end up ordering off the kids menu to get grilled cheese!

Stasieki
07-10-2009, 09:37 AM
I was the same way when I was pregnant, but it was only chicken (something I normally love and could eat again as soon as I had Abby). It is kinda wierd how that happens. I am getting nervous about ADR's. My 90 day window is Aug 10th. I think I will try the on-line way since the kinks are probably out of it. I'm waiting for the Nov park hours to come out before I firm them up.

DisneymoonJess07
07-10-2009, 11:09 AM
congratulations on being pregnant and your ADRs look great :)

Charlefours
10-07-2009, 02:38 PM
I could go the less expensive option and just stock up on some t shirts from the Disney Store. Lets face it, they aren't as cute a custom shirts. I dont like the writing on them and I'm afraid they would fall apart quickly. On the other hand, DD could probably ruin a custom shirt rather quickly too. Oh the decisions!

Disney store shirt: http://as7.dsi.go.com/is/image/DisneyShopping/100116M?$full$

Hi, I just found your PTR! I think I am still only on the first page--don't worry I am one of those OCD planners too! :rotfl: From my short time on the DIS boards, there are a lot of us. Where else can we discuss our plans without driving our DHs crazy? :rolleyes1

From my personal experience, the Disney clothes have held up amazingly well! We have order a number of shirts and nightgowns for my daughter and she outgrows them before they look worn. I order big too so she can wear them a little bit longer. If you sign up to get their emails they send discounts frequently and have great sales too.

I have to admit I want to do custom shirts too, I need to look through the DISign board more.

Your DD is adorable! :) Ok--back to reading the rest of the thread. Sorry if I am duplicating information.

Charlefours
10-07-2009, 03:28 PM
Finished reading the PTR! First off--congratulations!! :goodvibes You must be really excited for your second bundle of joy.

I cannot believe the mess with Etsy. Did you try contacting Etsy again?? Surely they can do something about the money you are going to be out otherwise?? :confused3

:cutie: DD is just too cute--the outfit you made her is adorable.