PDA

View Full Version : Ron Jon Cape Caribe Resort

princess kates mum
02-14-2009, 09:30 AM
Looking at booking Ron Jon for a couple of nights before our Jan 2010 cruise.
has anyone stayed at this resort and what did you think?????????
They told me that they do not have their own shuttle service to get you to port however they will arrange one for you.
Stayed at Residence Inn this year.Thought this resort has a little more for our DD12 to enjoy

Big Willie
02-14-2009, 10:49 AM
We absolutely LOVE Ron Jons. It is our first choice everytime we cruise. The waterpark is a big hit with the older children and teens. The younger ones spent hours at the indoor play area and the Arts & Crafts room. We often used the movie theatre throughout the day. My father-in-law played putt-putt with all takers. You can take a quick tram ride to the beach to watch the cruise ships come and go. There is just so many activities going on around the resort

Our family normally has 12+ persons traveling. We get two of the 2 bedrooms suites. There is plenty of space and a washer/dryer. The onsite restaurant was great.

WARNING!!!!
This is a time share resort. I have heard horror stories about them being PUSHY and AGGRESSIVE. I would advise you not to take the time share pitch. Nor would I advise you to take a discounted room associated with attending the pitch. We book Ron Jon's strictly as a rental and get decent rates. Not as cheap as other port hotels but it offers so much more. Also you must promptly be out of the room by 10am on the day of your departure.

This year we are cruising over Spring Break so we won't have time for our usual stay (flying in and right back out after cruise because of school). Typically, we do the 4 day on the Wonder. We spend 3 days at a WDW resort doing the Disney thing; then cruise; and finish off the trip with 3 days at Ron Jons. It took major negotiations to get the kids to go on a 7 day cruise meaning they had to give up Ron Jons.

GO FOR IT!
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb269/wwhite4001/DSCF0014-1.jpg

princess kates mum
02-14-2009, 12:28 PM
Thanks so much for the great info. It sounds terrific!! I am just wondering how you do your booking? I called this morning but they did not have 2010 rates available. I also do not want to do the time share thing. Do you just tell them at time of booking. Thanks

Big Willie
02-14-2009, 12:35 PM
You can try the website when the rates are available. We have gotten the best rates by calling. Guess you'll have to wait. Don't forget to sign up for special offers via email.

When making a ressie note that you are not interested in any time share offers.