PDA

View Full Version : Jade Goody Update....

Pinky166
02-14-2009, 05:20 AM
Just seen in today's Sun that Jade Goody has just months possibly weeks to live. So very sad. :sad2: I know the outcome was looking bleak for her but I can't imagine how an earth she must feel being told that she only has a small amount of time left with her boys & family. :sad1:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article2237416.ece

jen_uk
02-14-2009, 05:23 AM
I heard this on the news this morning, it is so sad :sad2:

Joanne UK
02-14-2009, 05:31 AM
I feel desperately sorry for her - and for everyone who finds themselves in a similar situation. Knowing that you won't see your children grow up must be the most heart-breaking feeling that there is.

irisheyes123
02-14-2009, 05:39 AM
This is so sad Her poor boys

natalielongstaff
02-14-2009, 05:50 AM
I feel desperately sorry for her - and for everyone who finds themselves in a similar situation. Knowing that you won't see your children grow up must be the most heart-breaking feeling that there is.

That must be heart wrenching for her :sad2:

Netty
02-14-2009, 05:52 AM
Very sad news :sad2:

Natasha&Matt
02-14-2009, 05:55 AM
I know how awful =( Her and Jack are getting Married Max clifford has said.
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20090214/ten-jade-goody-plans-to-wed-jack-tweed-5f8abb3.html

I like Jade and i feel for her and her family.

CustardTart
02-14-2009, 06:01 AM
Poor, poor Jade! I can't begin to imagine how terrible it all feels for her right now. I am truly sorry for everyone involved - puts my problems in perspective that's for sure...

God bless her and her boys - I sincerely hope the time they have left is wonderful...

mandymouse
02-14-2009, 06:27 AM
I'm not a fan of Jade Goody, but this is so sad, and I wouldn't wish it on my worse enemy

Jade and her boys are in my thoughts

buzz for boys
02-14-2009, 06:32 AM
this has to b the most dreadful thing to happen to anyone and I really do feel for her.
That said I also have issues with the constant way she puts her latest update in the press this is so soul destroying for anyone who is going through the same thing. The way in which she sells her story has no thoughts for anybody else - by her own admission its not to raise awareness its to earn money for her boys. Im sure thats a great comfort to all the other woman out there suffering in silence with the same thing.
Rant over

CustardTart
02-14-2009, 06:47 AM
Even if she's not speaking out to raise awareness specifically, IMO she's going to by default. There must be 1000's of young women of Jade's age who don't believe anything like this could ever happen to them. Therefore, if even just one girl gets herself checked out as a result of Jade's story that's got to be good thing, surely???

Snowy-girls
02-14-2009, 06:51 AM
I feel so much for Jade+her boys-i really do.Jade is going thru exactly what my Half Sister went thru-even down to the mis-diagnosis.The one thing my Sister could'nt cope with was leaving her young boy behind,like Jade she was young only 26yrs.
Whether you like Jade or not,like Mandy said you woud'nt want to see anyone suffer with this cruel disease.I did+it is truly heartbreaking,but most of all it angers you-when it is something that could have been prevented if diagnosed at the time.x.

CustardTart
02-14-2009, 06:55 AM
I feel so much for Jade+her boys-i really do.Jade is going thru exactly what my Half Sister went thru-even down to the mis-diagnosis.The one thing my Sister could'nt cope with was leaving her young boy behind,like Jade she was young only 26yrs.
Whether you like Jade or not,like Mandy said you woud'nt want to see anyone suffer with this cruel disease.I did+it is truly heartbreaking,but most of all it angers you-when it is something that could have been prevented if diagnosed at the time.x.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

florida sun
02-14-2009, 06:55 AM
Very sad news indeed:sad2:

Snowy-girls
02-14-2009, 06:56 AM
Even if she's not speaking out to raise awareness specifically, IMO she's going to by default. There must be 1000's of young women of Jade's age who don't believe anything like this could ever happen to them. Therefore, if even just one girl gets herself checked out as a result of Jade's story that's got to be good thing, surely???

I agree Karen,i hated having smear tests done+yes i have avoided them in the past(stupid now,i know).BUT after seeing what my Sister went thru,it made me have one last year+i will make sure i NEVER miss one again.In saying that my Sister was given the all clear when in fact it was a positive result(and far to advanced)-i hope to think that these mistakes are VERY rare.x.

Pinky166
02-14-2009, 07:30 AM

I totally agree! In fact they had a section on This Morning last week questioning Max Clifford about Jades reasons for carrying on with the filming of her reality tv show & selling her stories etc. He said that since Jade was diagnosed in August last year there has been an increase (unfortunately I can't recall the exact figure but it was around 10%) in young girls having smear tests....which is definately a positive thing to come out of all this.

I also agree that there are unfortunately plenty of other families going through this same thing day in day out without the focus of the media & the help in which the money from selling stories brings.....however there is also a downside to her fame as she is going to be stalked for the rest of her days by media wanting to get that last photo of her & her family.

Pinky166
02-14-2009, 07:31 AM

Big hugs hun. :hug:

Snowy-girls
02-14-2009, 07:37 AM
I totally agree! In fact they had a section on This Morning last week questioning Max Clifford about Jades reasons for carrying on with the filming of her reality tv show & selling her stories etc. He said that since Jade was diagnosed in August last year there has been an increase (unfortunately I can't recall the exact figure but it was around 10%) in young girls having smear tests....which is definately a positive thing to come out of all this.

I also agree that there are unfortunately plenty of other families going through this same thing day in day out without the focus of the media & the help in which the money from selling stories brings.....however there is also a downside to her fame as she is going to be stalked for the rest of her days by media wanting to get that last photo of her & her family.

I also watched this,and there has been an uptake on smear tests,i also don't remember the figure though.
For anyone interested Jade's documentary starts again this Thursday on Living TV 9pm.

Thanks for the hugs Claire+Karen-can't believe it's nearly been a year since she's gone-seems like only a few months ago.x.

carolfoy
02-14-2009, 08:00 AM
not a Jade fan personally but I wouldn't wish this on anyone, I hope she takes some comfort in the fact that other young girls may realise they CAN get this disease, its not something thats restricted to middle aged women. I hope those children can be proud of their mum for doing the best she can in a dire situation.
It also highlights how media hungry this country is that it can turn a disadvantaged, overweight, not very bright girl into something of a celebrity, and then take it all away again when she speaks her mind.

The Fetherstons
02-14-2009, 11:04 AM
I agree Karen,i hated having smear tests done+yes i have avoided them in the past(stupid now,i know).BUT after seeing what my Sister went thru,it made me have one last year+i will make sure i NEVER miss one again.In saying that my Sister was given the all clear when in fact it was a positive result(and far to advanced)-i hope to think that these mistakes are VERY rare.x.

:hug: :hug: :flower3:

Really sad news about Jade:hug:

Minniespal
02-15-2009, 02:09 AM
Very sad news.

natalielongstaff
02-15-2009, 02:47 AM
It also highlights how media hungry this country is that it can turn a disadvantaged, overweight, not very bright girl into something of a celebrity, and then take it all away again when she speaks her mind.

:sad2: i think the media treated her appallingly

jen_uk
02-15-2009, 07:07 AM
I read in an interview with her that she was hoping her media attention would increase the number of people going for smears and since August it has gone up 20%. In the papers this morning, it says she has approx 8 weeks left, feel very sorry for her children. :sad2:

Beth__WDW23/6/02
02-15-2009, 07:32 AM
I think its terrible news :( so sad.
She's my age ,also 2 children and it scares me witless thinking it can affect anyone :(

The age for smears needs to be lowered,they dont offer them now till 24-25 in many areas.And we all know many ladies have been sexually active,or even had children,so many changes it needs to be lowered.

It's a shame someone has to lose their life to highlight the seriousness of Cancer :(

Lizzybear
02-15-2009, 07:38 AM
I wish her all the best in the time she has left with her sons. I'd be the last person to say I was a fan but she doesn't deserve this and I think the nasty implications by certain sections of the media are very cruel :mad:

mark&sue
02-15-2009, 08:56 AM
I agree with Natalie she has been treated very badly by the media. I can barely look at any of the articles and could not watch the tv programmes showing her painful decline as I am too heartbroken.

I really enjoyed the series of big brother she was in (especially loved Alex but that is another story) and always felt like she had overcome so much in her life. Her life as a child was extremely sad and underprivilaged. Who knows where we would have been in her shoes. I know how lucky that my family is to have all the luxuries, holidays and happyness we have in our lives. I really did admire her wanting to do the best for her boys.

:sad1:

susan

Dr_Finkelstein
02-15-2009, 09:40 AM
She's my age ,also 2 children and it scares me witless thinking it can affect anyone :(

The age for smears needs to be lowered,they dont offer them now till 24-25 in many areas.And we all know many ladies have been sexually active,or even had children,so many changes it needs to be lowered.

It's a shame someone has to lose their life to highlight the seriousness of Cancer :(

I work for the Family Planning Service locally, and there has been a fair increase in the amount of younger females coming for their first smear test since Jade announced she had cancer.

In Scotland you automatically start getting invited for regular Cx smears from the age of 20, though if we feel it's necessary we do test younger. I had assumed it was nationwide - I'm surprised it's not. :confused3

Di x

wideeyes
02-16-2009, 07:54 AM

I agree, I feel so sad for her boys. I had cells removed when I was 20 and have had a smear test every year since and I am now 27 however now a 20 year old wouldn't be given a smear test.

Natasha&Matt
02-19-2009, 02:09 AM
I am thinking of Jade all the time at the moment and feel so much for her and her boys :sad2: But i think she is doing the right thing by her boys and i support that also all the awareness about Cervical cancer it has brought.

Pinky166
02-19-2009, 02:18 AM
I am thinking of Jade all the time at the moment and feel so much for her and her boys :sad2: But i think she is doing the right thing by her boys and i support that also all the awareness about Cervical cancer it has brought.

Me too. I think about her a lot, it must be horrible I just can't even imagine how she feels. :hug:

Her programme is on Living at 9pm tonight.

Natasha&Matt
02-22-2009, 03:07 AM
:goodvibes Thinking of Jade today and hoping she has a wonderful special day at her Wedding. Bless her x

Minniespal
02-22-2009, 03:48 AM
I really hope that she gets her special day.

I never had anytime for her before this. I read an article last week where she was talking about her sons and how she was ignorant and wanted them to grow up with a good education. I admire her for doing that.

Strommie
02-22-2009, 04:02 AM
I hope she has a wonderful wedding day. I wouldn't wish her situation on anybody.

CustardTart
02-22-2009, 04:21 AM
I am thinking of Jade too. Here's hoping her wedding day is as wonderful as it possibly can be under the circumstances... :hug: :hug: :hug:

Snowy-girls
02-22-2009, 04:24 AM
Good luck Jade-hope you defeat the Doc's and 'walk' down the aisle,this is a heartbreaking thing you(and many unfortunate others) are going thru.God bless.x.

I watched Jade's documentary on Thursaday+something made me chuckle thru the tears-the look on her face when she said the Doc's told her,her hair could grow back curly+a different colour.This also made me chuckle for another reason as when my Sister's hair started to grow back it came back ginger(she was mousy brown like me)and thick wirey tight curl's(she had straight fine hair-also like me).We used to call her Hilda :lmao: (hilda ogden).x.

Natasha&Matt
02-22-2009, 04:47 AM
Jade's documentary was great on Thursday night i laughed and cried she is such a lovely down to earth person and her mum is sooo funny too, lmao @ the dog food bit lol.

Pinky166
02-22-2009, 05:33 AM
I have been thinking about her all morning! The wedding was for 12pm so hopefully she is now happily married. :hug:

I just love the photo of her with 4 of her bridesmaids in the papers today where they are all wearing bald caps on their heads......just sums Jade & her great sense of humour up. :laughing:

mandymouse
02-22-2009, 05:44 AM
I hope she has a wonderful day, thinking of you Jade :)

Tinks1984
02-22-2009, 06:39 AM
I hope Jade has a lovely day today too, bless her.

Such a shame, I hope there's hundreds of photo's taken with her and her boys so they have many memories of their Mother for years to come.

Although I never agreed with Jade and her comments previously I have to say the circumstances that have happened are terrible. Such a shame, at such a young age.

Natasha&Matt
02-22-2009, 07:19 AM
A big congratulations to Jade :goodvibes

Natasha&Matt
02-27-2009, 03:01 PM
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20090227/tuk-jade-goody-in-hospice-after-hallucin-45dbed5.html

Pinky166
02-27-2009, 03:49 PM
So sad. :sad1:

I hope she rests and is well enough for the christening next weekend. :hug:

jen_uk
02-28-2009, 03:36 AM
Just read that as Jade left the house yesterday to go onto a hospice her neighbour started shouting at her. There was a row about photographers blocking the gate or something so he shouted at Jade and reduced her to tears.:sad2: I think that that is disgusting, Im sure it is annoying having all the media outside but he must know that it will all be over in a few weeks, even so there were far bette ways to deal with than shout at a dying woman! :headache:

Natasha&Matt
02-28-2009, 04:43 AM
OMG Jen i just saw that online how disgusting like Jade needs that right now!!

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Jade-Goody-Neighbour-Row-Cancer-Sufferer-And-Big-Brother-Star-Clashes-With-Man-Next-Door/Article/200902415231443?lpos=UK_News_Carousel_Region_3&lid=ARTICLE_15231443_Jade_Goody_Neighbour_Row%3A_C ancer_Sufferer_And_Big_Brother_Star_Clashes_With_M an_Next_Door

Maves Wife
02-28-2009, 09:38 AM
i cant believe that somone could be so insensitive in a time like this - im sure he will be trying to sell some stories in the future to get some cash!!!! I can appreciate that it must be hard for him with the noise from the paps, but at the end of the day this girls life is ending and she needs support not absue from idiots like that.:confused3 :confused3

Snowy-girls
02-28-2009, 10:59 AM
I have just read what took place and it's disgusting-it won't be going on for much longer bless her.
Did anyone get OK magazine?.I did and the pictures are lovely+she looked beautiful.x.

natalielongstaff
02-28-2009, 11:02 AM
Poor Jade, its awful how she is being treated :sad2:

Minniespal
03-01-2009, 04:12 AM
Poor soul, why can't they just leave her alone for the little time she has left.

eyoreaud
03-01-2009, 04:27 AM
Poor soul, why can't they just leave her alone for the little time she has left.

My sentiments exactly! Poor woman :sad2:

Pinky166
03-01-2009, 03:57 PM
I've just read that Jade may have another operation to help relieve some of the pain...probably be more in tomorrows papers.

Snowy-girls
03-02-2009, 03:01 AM
I've just read that Jade may have another operation to help relieve some of the pain...probably be more in tomorrows papers.

Max has said that they managed to get her pain free+she had a good nights sleep last night.Apparantly no operation at the moment-they are monitoring her.It's her bowel that is blocked.x.

Pinky166
03-09-2009, 04:44 AM
Just to let you all know, there is a special programme on tonight called Jade's Legacy, ITV1 at 8pm.

Also on Weds & Thurs is the footage of her wedding as part of her tv series Jade. They are on Livingtv at 8pm both nights.

Did you see in newpapers today about the weirdo woman who got into her hospital room & was leaning over her bed & carrying a hammer!!! :scared1:

Snowy-girls
03-09-2009, 05:14 AM
I have the sky+ set for the programmes :thumbsup2 .
Max Clifford has just spoken on the phone to Phil+Fern on This Morning,and the woman was standing over her,chanting+shouting something,like a prayer.Police were called+arrested the 41yr old+that's when they found her to be in possession of a hammer.
He also said that theere is a possibility she could be coming home this week.x.

jen_uk
03-14-2009, 07:31 PM
Ive just read the Max Clifford has said that Jade only has a few hours to live, the doctors said they thought she could maybe hold on till Tuesday but after a bad weekend they are saying it is unlikely she will survive till Monday. :sad2:

Tillybud
03-15-2009, 02:22 AM
oh god it's just so awful. She's celebrating Mothers Day today with her 2 beautiful little boys. It's heartbreaking x

Tillybud
03-15-2009, 02:23 AM
oh god it's just so awful. She's celebrating Mothers Day today with her 2 beautiful little boys. It's heartbreaking x

joolz1910
03-15-2009, 04:25 AM
My heart goes out to her.

Pinky166
03-15-2009, 04:36 AM
I read about it too......so very sad. :sad1:

Natasha&Matt
03-15-2009, 05:02 AM
Thinking of her and her family. Bless her x

Natasha&Matt
03-15-2009, 05:05 AM
Did any of you watch her wedding? it was so heartbreaking and she looked gorgeous!! I couldnt take it anymore when they done their first dance was so heartbreaking.

CustardTart
03-15-2009, 05:12 AM
Poor, poor Jade - just shows how fragile life is... God bless her and her boys...

Did any of you watch her wedding? it was so heartbreaking and she looked gorgeous!! I couldnt take it anymore when they done their first dance was so heartbreaking.

Yes, but only a little as I was blubbing too quickly... :sad2:

thelittlemermaid83
03-15-2009, 07:55 AM
I watched part of her wedding but found it too upsetting so i had to turn it over.

Pinky166
03-15-2009, 08:26 AM
I did manage to watch the wedding, I really wanted to but I made sure it was when my hubby wasn't around as I knew I would cry, it was absolutely heartbreaking I balled my eyes out.

Jade did very well and held it together most of the time but her mum & bridesmaids were understandably in a state.

:hug:

Natasha&Matt
03-15-2009, 03:00 PM
http://www.showbizspy.com/article/183019/jade-goody-visited-by-priest

x

natalielongstaff
03-15-2009, 03:17 PM

x

:sad2: poor Jade

Gaynor
03-15-2009, 03:21 PM

x

That's so sad.:sad1:

Pinky166
03-15-2009, 03:25 PM
It's so heartbreaking. :sad1:

Tillybud
03-15-2009, 03:25 PM
oh it is just heartbreaking, so very sad

mandymouse
03-15-2009, 03:29 PM
It is so sad :sad2:

BRobson
03-15-2009, 04:04 PM
Poor thing :hug:

The Fetherstons
03-15-2009, 04:26 PM
So sad:sad2:

madmumof2
03-16-2009, 04:12 AM
Oh poor Jade! To think, this time tomorrow...

At least she's coming to the end of her pain. Poor boys.

thelittlemermaid83
03-16-2009, 04:44 AM
She's going to die tomorrow? :(

Pinky166
03-16-2009, 04:45 AM
She's going to die tomorrow? :(

Soon Emma...they think she only has a day or two left. :sad1:

thelittlemermaid83
03-16-2009, 04:49 AM
Thats so sad :(:(

pixiepower04
03-16-2009, 05:19 AM
Although i'm not a fan of Jade's I really feel for her and her boys.

I lost my mum 15 years ago now to Ovarian Cancer, she was only 42, I was 24, my sister 18 and my brother 14.

From the day she got 'ill' to the day she died only took 2 weeks and no-one knew she had cancer, she just felt ill one day and then she was gone 2 weeks later, she never came round after she went into hospital so the last time I spoke to her was on Valentines Day when she was taking the mickey out of me and Alex (now DH) about how lovey dovey we were being sending each other loads of cards and teddies etc.

I cried for weeks when Steve Irwin died because of what he left behind so young and for Jade, knowing it's coming must be the worse thing of all.

I hope Jack and the boys dad are always there for the boys because they are so going to need them.

joolz1910
03-16-2009, 06:35 AM

I lost my mum 15 years ago now to Ovarian Cancer, she was only 42, I was 24, my sister 18 and my brother 14.

From the day she got 'ill' to the day she died only took 2 weeks and no-one knew she had cancer, she just felt ill one day and then she was gone 2 weeks later, she never came round after she went into hospital so the last time I spoke to her was on Valentines Day when she was taking the mickey out of me and Alex (now DH) about how lovey dovey we were being sending each other loads of cards and teddies etc.

I cried for weeks when Steve Irwin died because of what he left behind so young and for Jade, knowing it's coming must be the worse thing of all.

I hope Jack and the boys dad are always there for the boys because they are so going to need them.

Beth__WDW23/6/02
03-16-2009, 06:49 AM
Its so sad :sad2:
I feel for them poor children :sad1:

Beth__WDW23/6/02
03-16-2009, 06:49 AM

Dimplenose
03-18-2009, 11:47 AM
I've just been to Tesco and seen a tribute magazine! I think this is rather tasteless despite her family's comments.

BBC Article
(http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7950616.stm)

They should have waited before publishing this.

natalielongstaff
03-18-2009, 11:50 AM

i think so !

mandymouse
03-18-2009, 12:01 PM
I've just been to Tesco and seen a tribute magazine! I think this is rather tasteless despite her families comments.

BBC Article
(http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7950616.stm)

I agree, it's very tasteless

joolz1910
03-18-2009, 12:45 PM
I agree, it's very tasteless

This has been advertised on TV too. The media has behaved like vultures over this poor woman. It's obviously a ploy to be the 'first' tribute but they really should have the decency to wait until it is proper to release this sort of publication. They obviously don't want to wait and risk sharing their profits with other similar publications. What sort of society are we living in?:sad2:

Pinky166
03-18-2009, 01:16 PM
Thats terrible. :sad2:

Grumpy John
03-18-2009, 02:00 PM
This has been advertised on TV too. The media has behaved like vultures over this poor woman. It's obviously a ploy to be the 'first' tribute but they really should have the decency to wait until it is proper to release this sort of publication. They obviously don't want to wait and risk sharing their profits with other similar publications. What sort of society are we living in?:sad2:

Hang on here, lets not blame the press. Her and her family have used the media for their own ends - banking a lot of cash in the process - who how can they be called vultures.

The newspapers will make very little if anything out of this. They have a hard core of readers who buy the papers whatever the news. OK magazine might make a bit but again they have a hardcore of readers.

And as for the comment 'what sort of society are we living in' that works both ways. There is an obsession by many in this country with knowing every sordid detail of what so called celebrities are doing. These same people dont know these so called celebrities including Jade Goody but everyone is getting so upset by what is going on.

It is a shame that people dont take more interest in what is happening in this country ie people struggling to find work and to make ends meet, people living on the breadline, children being exploited - the list is endless

No lets show concern for someone who we dont know, who has been a so called 'celebrity' for a few years and made lots of money out of those few years.

Thats what is wrong with society!

joolz1910
03-18-2009, 03:06 PM
Hang on here, lets not blame the press. Her and her family have used the media for their own ends - banking a lot of cash in the process - who how can they be called vultures.

The newspapers will make very little if anything out of this. They have a hard core of readers who buy the papers whatever the news. OK magazine might make a bit but again they have a hardcore of readers.

And as for the comment 'what sort of society are we living in' that works both ways. There is an obsession by many in this country with knowing every sordid detail of what so called celebrities are doing. These same people dont know these so called celebrities including Jade Goody but everyone is getting so upset by what is going on.

It is a shame that people dont take more interest in what is happening in this country ie people struggling to find work and to make ends meet, people living on the breadline, children being exploited - the list is endless

No lets show concern for someone who we dont know, who has been a so called 'celebrity' for a few years and made lots of money out of those few years.

Thats what is wrong with society!

I actually agree with you to a certain extent. I think the press is feeding this public 'need' to know every detail. I also feel that people should not 'grieve' for someone they did not know but I do think it is possible to have compassion for a stranger.

As for Jade and her family - she has made no secret of the fact that he wants to make money from her situation to secure the future of her two sons - what is wrong with that?

I disagree that the 'newspapers will make very little' money out of this - on the contrary, her image and stories about her will increase their circulation considerably.

Whatever you think of 'celebrity' and Jade Goody in particular, she is still a young mother whose life has been cut short by a cruel illness - I don't see anything wrong with showing concern for someone who is dying.:confused3

tinks_1989
03-18-2009, 03:08 PM

I agree it is very tasteless i feel for her and any one that has cancer i lost a grand parent to cancer but normal every day people have terminal cancer with chidren i understand she wants whats best for her kids they still have their dad who is in TV i think she has sold it very well to be honest patric swasey is ill with cancer you dont hear from him he is getting on and enjoying his life he has left with his kids personaly if i had kids and died when they were still young as long as they were loved and fed thats all that matters to me you cant go out with out hearing about it or watch tv how will her two small boys escape being reminded every minute their mum died its disgusting and any one that is buying it to keep the demand of reading about is sickening

wideeyes
03-18-2009, 04:10 PM
I don't want to read about all the details and don't buy papers however the girl is dying and if this is the way she wants to deal with it than who is anyone to judge, the boys don't need the money however she must feel that this is the only thing left she can do for them now she is no longer going to be there for them, I couldn't even begin to imagine being in the position of knowing you can't be there for your children when they need you, I think that is what upsets people, they feel empathy about the position not grieve. Patrick Swayze doesn't have any kids.

alisonbestford
03-18-2009, 04:31 PM
I feel so much for Jade and her family........I don't want to read about it all as I find it too upsetting with Eve having lost her Dad, last year, when she was only 9.....:sad2:

As a result of my not wanting to read everything I have to admit to having no idea whether the boys need more money - I know that money will never bring their Mum back but it will, I hope, help make their life a little more fun and, if Jade feels that it's the only thing she can do for them right now.......Who's to say what emotions they're all experiencing? :grouphug:

As a cancer nurse I met many young families dealing with the loss of a parent and each and everyone dealt with it in a different manner :grouphug:

manxtatt2
03-22-2009, 10:24 PM
RIP Jade

deepest sympathy to jades family and friends

x

amackay
03-22-2009, 11:09 PM
I do feel very sorry for the boys, losing their mother at such an early age must be terrible.

However, I think it's a bit rich of the family to NOW come out and make a statement that they want to greive in private. By hiring Max Clifford they have manipulated the British public into thinking that this woman (a confirmed racist) is some kind of modern day saint and have profiteered greatly from all the press coverage. To now come out and effectively say "leave us alone" just smacks of double standards.

More disturbing i've heard some rumours that she actually died midweek and the news has been delayed to profit from Sunday papers/Mothering Sunday. For anyone else, I would dismiss this immediately. However, with Jade Goody and her family it seems anything is possible.

joolz1910
03-23-2009, 06:29 AM
I do feel very sorry for the boys, losing their mother at such an early age must be terrible.

However, I think it's a bit rich of the family to NOW come out and make a statement that they want to greive in private. By hiring Max Clifford they have manipulated the British public into thinking that this woman (a confirmed racist) is some kind of modern day saint and have profiteered greatly from all the press coverage. To now come out and effectively say "leave us alone" just smacks of double standards.

More disturbing i've heard some rumours that she actually died midweek and the news has been delayed to profit from Sunday papers/Mothering Sunday. For anyone else, I would dismiss this immediately. However, with Jade Goody and her family it seems anything is possible.

I do wonder about her mother's motives and behaviour. However, considering the start in life Jade had, it is miraculous that she turned out as well as she did. I think Jade's popularity had a lot to do with the fact that she was fallible - she was certainly not a 'saint'. I feel a great deal of sympathy for her two children, now left without a mother who evidently loved them with all of her heart.