PDA

View Full Version : buckets at Castaway Cay?

2MC
02-13-2009, 10:22 PM
Do they have buckets and shovels at the beach in Castaway cay, or should we pack some for the kids to play with?

cats mom
02-13-2009, 10:42 PM
They're available to purchase; but think typical Disney Park prices.
If you have space in your luggage I think bringing your own is a good idea.
:thumbsup2

disneygirl1213
02-14-2009, 02:41 AM
They had toys in the kids club area on the beach for their use, but not out on the family beach. We did not pack any, but then bought something for $4 at Key West.

Melrosgirl
02-14-2009, 06:36 AM
Do they have buckets and shovels at the beach in Castaway cay, or should we pack some for the kids to play with?

The cheapest shovel and bucket at CC was $10. They had an assortment for around $20.

lillygator
02-14-2009, 07:00 AM
best thing to do is order from Shirley - The Perfect Gift - you can get a bucket filled with treats and she works with your budget!

hgon76
02-14-2009, 09:34 AM
I bought some cheap ones at home, put them in my suitcase with things stuffed in them as not to waste any valuable suitcase space, and when we were done with them at castaway cay, I gave them to some other kids on the beach when we headed back to the ship(while my DD6 cried "you're giving away my buckets?":guilty: ). Then you have just a little more space in your suitcase than what you came with :) !

dizmomof2
02-14-2009, 04:51 PM
I spent a couple of bucks at the dollar store on buckets, shovels and other sand toys. At the end of the cruise we left them. For the $2-$3 I spent the kids had a great time and I had extra packing space.:thumbsup2 As long as the buckets aren't huge you should have no problem packing them. The buckets with shovels were only .50 cents and a whole bag of sand molds were $1. Leaving behind $20 worth of sand toys would be much harder for me. :eek: (okay, yes I'm cheap!):laughing: