PDA

View Full Version : Will aircards work on ship?

leopardspot
02-13-2009, 03:15 PM
If I bring my laptop and my aircard will I be able to connect to the internet on board?

Thanks! :surfweb:

disneyfaninaz
02-13-2009, 03:16 PM
You need to pay for any internet connection on board. The Magic is equiped with WIFI in all staterooms and all over the ship.

Jestocost
02-13-2009, 03:27 PM
There is cellular phone service available on the ships through many carriers, but I'm not sure if it supports the air card technology. Even if it does, on-ship cellular service is very pricey (AT&T runs $2.49 per minute, for example) and you would be much better off purchasing one of the WiFi plans available through DCL. Pay-as-you go WiFi or Internet cafe use is 75 cents per minute and buying in bulk can get you down as low as 30 cents per minute. It's all tied into a satellite service, however, so be prepared for slow, laggy service that can suffer from outages lasting up to a few hours if the satellites are out of position.

nacho1337
02-13-2009, 05:06 PM
if it work I would not use it. I have a Verizon air card and they it was $5 for 1mb in Mexico and $20 for 1mb for Virgin island, cayman island, and st martian.

Doingitagain
02-13-2009, 08:10 PM
Be very careful...air cards will probably work but be very expensive. We just had two separate situations at work where people used them roaming outside the US and just a couple of days cost $4,000 for each of them!