PDA

View Full Version : Passport rules?????

MaryJPixie
02-13-2009, 02:04 PM
Are passports required for everyone now?????? We are thinking of sailing in July.....TIA:love:

disneyfaninaz
02-13-2009, 03:11 PM
They will be required in July. However, I suggest that you check out the State Department's website for the latest information, especially regarding children's passport requirements.

I think the new rules will allow you to sail to and from the same port without a passport and only a birth certificate, but you will have to have a passport if you need to fly from a foriegn port.

Waltworshiper
02-13-2009, 03:54 PM
They come fairly quickly now, we got our 1 1/2 weeks after sending the applications in.

MelissaE1
02-13-2009, 10:09 PM
As of June 1, 2009, the full WHTI (Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative) takes effect. Here is a link to the info: http://www.getyouhome.gov/

If you are cruising in a "loop" from and to the same U.S. port, you will technically still be able to get away with a birth certificate and driver license for U.S. entry/exit, but I wouldn't recommend it myself. As mentioned above, everyone will be required to have the full passport for any air travel.

Here's an excerpt from the "Special Audiences: Cruise Ship Passengers" section: "U.S. citizens on closed-loop cruises (cruises that begin and end at the same U.S. port) will be able to enter or depart the country with a birth certificate and government-issued photo ID. Please be aware that you may still be required to present a passport to enter the countries your cruise ship is visiting. Check with your cruise line to ensure you have the appropriate documents."

HTH!

DAD AT DISNEY
02-14-2009, 09:24 AM
As of June 1, 2009, the full WHTI (Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative) takes effect. Here is a link to the info: http://www.getyouhome.gov/

If you are cruising in a "loop" from and to the same U.S. port, you will technically still be able to get away with a birth certificate and driver license for U.S. entry/exit, but I wouldn't recommend it myself. As mentioned above, everyone will be required to have the full passport for any air travel.

Here's an excerpt from the "Special Audiences: Cruise Ship Passengers" section: "U.S. citizens on closed-loop cruises (cruises that begin and end at the same U.S. port) will be able to enter or depart the country with a birth certificate and government-issued photo ID. Please be aware that you may still be required to present a passport to enter the countries your cruise ship is visiting. Check with your cruise line to ensure you have the appropriate documents."

HTH!

This is great!! I'm sure glad I didn't go out and waste $500.00 to get my family passports:woohoo: