PDA

View Full Version : lifejackets

amy2girls
02-13-2009, 10:58 AM
can you bring your own life jackets for excursions?:goodvibes

CanadianDisneyDad
02-13-2009, 11:51 AM
I would not bother taking up suitcase space with life jackets. All staterooms have the required number and appropriate sizes of life jackets.

:goodvibes

Bracy
02-13-2009, 11:58 AM
She wants to know about life jackets for excusions. You can't take the cruiseline safety drill jacket off the ship, nor would you want to. We brought our own and used it for an excursion last year when we cruised with Celebrity. I would love it if i didn't have to this year. Does anyone know if DCL offers them to borrow, besides what is available on CC? We need one for the Tortola snorkeling we will be doing on our own.

disneycruise05
02-13-2009, 11:59 AM
But don't forget, the lifejackets provided in the staterooms are NOT to be taken out to be used during excursions. There is a sensor that activates when it is submerged in water setting off the light. They are only to be used in emergencies.

Lifejackets are provided (I believe free of charge) at Castaway Cay. And I would assume any excursion booked through DCL would include lifejackets.

CanadianDisneyDad
02-13-2009, 05:21 PM
Opps...I missread the original posting :confused3

According to US Coast Guard regulations any boat operating withign the US, including the Vigin Islands, must have the required amount and type of lift jackets, the St Thomas excursion had the lift jackets onboard.

As for the yellow snorkling jackets I know my wife and daughter did a snorkling excursion in St Thomas and they supplied mandatory snorkling jackets. At Castaway Cay you are required to wear the snorkling jackets while snorkling or the life guards have a chat with you :)

However if you feel more confortable bringing your own by all means bring you own.

:dance3: