PDA

View Full Version : AP Rates for July

YachtandBeachy
02-13-2009, 11:37 AM
We are traveling at the end of July and would love to stay Concierge level at the Yacht Club, however, even with the AAA discount, it is still pretty pricey...so I was wondering about past AP rates and how deep of a discount they provide. I'm wondering if it is worth it for me to purchase an AP. Any ideas/advice? Thanks!

tekmom
02-13-2009, 12:28 PM
Because AP rates are never a guarantee, I would look into the 4/3 deal. We are staying at the Beach Club in July standard view and saving $1140.00 off the room due to the 3 free days. That's roughly 42% off and AP discounts usually run about 40% when(if) they come out. Concierge would be even better savings.

YachtandBeachy
02-13-2009, 01:03 PM
I should mention that we are only staying 3 nights.

tekmom
02-13-2009, 01:14 PM
Oh.. you could just wait to see if codes are released before you purchase. It would have to be more discount for the 3 nights than the cost of the AP for me to do it, or if you were taking another trip within the year.

We got an AP discount in July 2005. I got enough off AKL to pay for the AP, my dd a 7day hopper and the disney dining experience card. We went the following July but no AP code was released, so I did a AAA discount and didn't have to buy my ticket, so it was okay. Good luck!

bookwormde
02-13-2009, 04:56 PM
AP rates do not typically come out till 5/7

Here is a link to the historical information

Discounts run around 30-40% except that AKV, OKW and SSR studios are about 50%

http://www.mousesavers.com/historicalwdwdiscounts.html#codetrends

bookwormde