PDA

View Full Version : Diving -- Better in GC or Cozumel?

texfinn
02-13-2009, 09:06 AM
This may change my earlier post but promised DH I would ask. Is the diving better in Grand Caymen or Cozumel? Should he do both? (not that I want him too but figured to ask).

Thanks!

TheWog
02-13-2009, 09:42 AM
I have heard it is better in GC, but I do not have any personal experience to draw from. Hope someone here has done it to tell you about it. Good luck.

ScouterJT
02-13-2009, 12:40 PM
the diving is different between the two.

both are guided dives. At Grand Cayman, it's a short boat ride and then two dives (usually around some nice coral formations). At Cozumel, it's a longer boat ride and then two drift dives.

I've done them both and would do them both again. If I had to choose one, I'd probably choose Grand Cayman.

If you want more information, PM me with your DH's skill level

texfinn
02-13-2009, 01:59 PM
Thanks for your help ScouterJT!

If I can take the kids snorkeling with the stingrays on my own, I will switch DH to dive in Grand Cayman and this fixes my issue of having them alone in Cozumel.

Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!:worship:

Capt_BJ
02-13-2009, 02:30 PM
either has the potential to be great..a lot depends on conditions and the site you end up at.

At Cayman you have more options for a shore dive, but the boat dives are easy. There is seldom any current

At Coz you can expect a boat drift dive. If you've never done one they add a little bit to the skill level needed....not a lot, but it is more important to be able to stay with the group cuz you may be getting pushed a couple of knots and the dive boat chases you.....not a good time to get sep' from the group.

I do 'em all but the diving is a large part of our cruises. The cruises are a compromise over dedicated dive trips.... spousal unit gets some dress up time and dancing and doesn't complain about diving costs