PDA

View Full Version : Access to Computers on Magic

disneydash
02-13-2009, 07:31 AM
For the first time since I can remember, I've decided to go on a vacation without my laptop or Blackberry (my dw nearly passed out when I told her). Since I will want to upload our photos and occasionally check e-mail, I am planning on purchasing a bulk package of internet minutes and hoping that my ds (17) does not use them all.

My question is how easy is it to get access to a computer on the Magic? Are they generally available or will I just have to plan on getting there early in the day or late at night? Thanks for any hints.

ruadisneyfan2
02-13-2009, 07:37 AM
I only logged on to check in online for our flight home and print boarding passes and there was no problem getting a computer. Not sure how it is throughout the cruise though.

Aunt Jo
02-13-2009, 07:45 AM
I checked email 2 or 3 times a day and most of the time I was the only one using a computer. I think there were 10 computers available. This was on the Magic in Dec. 2007 next to the Promenade Lounge.

Big Willie
02-13-2009, 08:01 AM
At DCL prices there is not much computer usage onboard. I think every time I went there was no more than one other person there. Mostly on the last night will you see traffic pick up as people try to print boarding passes.

disneydash
02-13-2009, 08:31 AM
Thanks for the responses. One less thing to worry about.

mmouse37
02-13-2009, 09:24 AM
DCL does not let you upload anything to their computers....so you won't be able to upload pics from your camera to one of the DCL computers....

Best best is to take your memory card and bring it to Shutters (photog. shop) onboard and have them put pics on a disc.

Beweare....connection times are very slow on the computers...at one point it took me nearly 10 minutes just to connect to my mail account....wasting precious minutes. It all depends on satelite availability.

I think I paid $55 for 100 minutes for our 7 day cruise last month and it was just enough for one person with checking my mail each day.

MJ