PDA

View Full Version : Helppppp!!!

ladylyons
02-12-2009, 05:10 PM
I've been a luker for a little while and decided it was time to join in on the fun. Well I've fianally have convinced my husband that we CAN afford a WDW trip. I do have to say the 4/3 deal couldn't have come at a better time for me, we are traveling May 14 - May 21, 2009. Now I need help with the planning and have a few questions. The party includes me (31), DH (34), DS (2), DD (8 months), and my parent's Grandma (52) and Grandpa (62) (these are the ages at time of travel). Now I have been to Disneyland to many times to count and WDW once a long, long time ago with my grandparent's. So a little bit of what we are doing my husband and I are celebrating our 5th wedding anniversary and my mom is celebrating a birthday. We are staying at the POP Century, plan on doing a couple of tours and having a night out for my DH and I without the kids. So here are my questions...

1. I know I can't get actual weather reports right now for May but what has it been like in the past. Is it short's or should we bring pants or both?

2. Does anyone know the time Illuminations and Fantamic will be shown? I've looked on Disney's site and it's showing entertaiment for the MK but not Epcot.

3. How busy will the parks be? The last time I was there was during 4th of July and it was just insane and come to think of it I was the planner then also for some weird reason.

4. Where's the best place to go for an Anniversary dinner? My parent's are going to give us a break from the kids at least one night so I need to make the best of it.

5. Has anyone done the Steam Trains tour? My DH LOVES trains and wants to do this but is it worth it.

6. Has anyone done the Keys to the Kingdom tour? Again my DH loves anything to do with behind the scenes and this one falls within our budget. We would love to do the Backstage Magic tour but at $219 a person it doesn't fall within the budget.

9. Since we are traveling with two little ones we are thinking of having 2 strollers because the double would be two hard to bring on the buses. We are going to be bringing one from home for sure just didn't know what we were going to be doing about the 2nd one yet.

10. What are some plane tips people can give me for traveling with two little ones. Our DS will have his own seat but our DD will be a lap baby. Should we or shouldn't we bring a car seat on the plane is also a big debate in my house right now.

Any help is greatly appreciated as I don't know after this trip when we'll be able to go back to WDW. We aren't doing the dining plan because our family isn't really big eaters during trips like this. We like to have 1 big meal a day and the rest is kind of whenever and where ever we happen to be.

Thanks in advance for any and all help!!
Sandra

Metro West
02-12-2009, 06:01 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/welcome/7.gif

lovetoscrap
02-12-2009, 06:33 PM
:welcome:

You have a lot of questions there that you will probably get the best answers for if you post some different threads on our different boards. Questions about where to eat would go on our Restaurants board, questions about the parks, weather, shows, rides and tours need to go on our Theme Parks board, and we also have a great Disney for Families board where you can get great advice on strollers and traveling with kidlets.

Take some time to do some reading on each of the boards, and also check out our site wdwinfo.com to get a lot of great information and then try asking your questions on these boards to get the best input from our unofficial experts.

Also, make sure you check out our FAQ thread at the top of the page for information on Subscribing to your threads, so you can find the answers again after you post the questions!

Have a great trip!

ladylyons
02-12-2009, 07:43 PM
Thanks for the info!! I will have to do that when I have a chance!!!

MarkinNM
02-13-2009, 12:31 AM
:welcome:

To the DIS!!!