PDA

View Full Version : Question on 4/3 Deal and AP Holders

KP's Mom
02-12-2009, 04:06 PM
My daughter and I have AP's. My mother does not. She would like to book the 4/3 package deal. If my daughter and I are staying in her room, do we have to purchase park tickets? Thanks.

mbanks21
02-12-2009, 04:08 PM
Yes since everyone on a res has to have the same package. Your best bet is to have everyone with a one day base ticket that you and your daughter can use at a future date to renew your AP's and your mother can upgrade her one day pass to whatever pass she needs when you check in

GOLFDISNEY72
02-13-2009, 05:41 AM
We are doing the same thing. The thing I am not clear on when to upgrade the none AP tickets. I read here on the boards that you get a better value if you upgrade at the park. We were planning on getting to POP at 7am, check in, upgrade tickets at POP, and then get to parks for opening. I called yesterday and asked a CM and they don't see why we would get better value out of the ticket once we are at the park.

mbanks21
02-13-2009, 05:53 AM
We are doing the same thing. The thing I am not clear on when to upgrade the none AP tickets. I read here on the boards that you get a better value if you upgrade at the park. We were planning on getting to POP at 7am, check in, upgrade tickets at POP, and then get to parks for opening. I called yesterday and asked a CM and they don't see why we would get better value out of the ticket once we are at the park.

If you upgrade a ticket before you use it you get the value you paid. If you use the ticket first and then upgrade you get the current gate value. Its not an issue unless you bought a discounted ticket or ticket prices went up. Then its better to use it first

GOLFDISNEY72
02-13-2009, 06:01 AM
Got it. We just bought the package and have not seen a price increase so I hink we will be OK. I just wanted to upgrade at POP because I think it would be easier then trying to do it at the parks. Does this hold true for AP renewal. We had to buy the 1 day pass. We are going to have to upgrade in NOV.

rt2dz
02-13-2009, 01:34 PM
One thing...

You can not upgrade to an AP at any resort. It must be done at guest relations. The resorts do not have access to the ATS (automated ticketing system), which is required for upgrading. It may also be required for renewing without trading in a ticket as upgrading. ATS can basically be found in any park (including water park) ticket window or Guest Services location, or one of the Downtown Disney Guest Services locations.

Second thing...

If you upgrade a ticket before using it, you only get the value of what Disney sold the ticket for. So, if you purchased your ticket from a discount broker, who is making a slight profit, you will get less than what you paid for it during an upgrade and lose money. Even if you purchase your tickets as part of a package, ticket prices have been going up in August the last few years, so watch the date of purchase (or package booking) and when you will use it. It is better to develop the habit of just using your ticket before upgrading.