PDA

View Full Version : Walt Disney World Wedding

KSTOMMYGRL
02-12-2009, 11:38 AM
I recently found out my fiance is going overseas early, we were going to get married next summer in Walt Disney World Florida however now we need to speed up and get married this summer in June in order for me to go with him. Has anyone had a great Disney wedding for a good deal. Going through Disney Weddings is a bit out of our price range. We just want a small 15 person wedding with some of the flair...pictures in the park, etc, we would like to get married on the property but didnt know if there was another way you could do it...any advice...please help!!! THANKS a BUNCH!

SailorsPrincess
02-12-2009, 11:55 AM
If your fiance is being stationed overseas due to the Military or you are connected to the Military, you can look into Shades of Green. It is a Military hotel on Disney property (once owned by Disney). There are a couple of girls planning their Shades of Green weddings here that I'm sure can help you out. It's beautiful! If I wasn't so stuck on the WP and pictures infront of the castle for our 5 year VR, we would be having our VR at SOG!

:goodvibes Good luck!

shadesofgreen.org

ETA : I just saw that you were wanting pictures in the park, you can hire Disney to do a photo shoot for you but sadly not in your wedding attire. You can wear a nice outfit though!

Tink_Kel
02-13-2009, 09:37 AM
My DF and I are getting married at SOG on Disney World. They only charge you $120 to use their Gazebo, which you can decorate any way you like! You can also get the "Honeymoon Shoot" at the Magic Kingdom ($310), however, they can only do it during park hours, and in "regular" (non wedding) clothing.

Otherwise, for a less-expensive wedding, you'll need to look into an Escape Wedding (starts around $4500), which will allow you to get married on other Disney properties.

Good luck on whatever you decide!

disprincessatheart
02-14-2009, 05:59 PM
there's also the option of weddings at the swan and dolphin. I know there are brides on here with that info and I know it's less than disney charges.

lifeafterkids
02-18-2009, 02:46 PM
If you aren't too hung up on getting married on Disney property, you can look at Paradise Cove. They are located right outside of Downtown Disney. They only charged me $800 to get married there.. That was for bare bones though... They do have nice packages that include other things... They are a lot less then Disney and allow you to go over the 20 people. I had to hire a JOP, but that costs around $200. Just a nice option instead of handing the mouse more money :dance3:

Bride-to-be
02-18-2009, 05:37 PM
All of the pictures I have seen from the shades of green weddings have all been really pretty.

I just wanted to let you know about something totally different that might be a option for you. According to disney's website the max is 14 but other websites say the max is 20 so you could call and find out for sure.

My fiance proposed to me on the Grand 1 yacht on the lake in front of the magic kingdom during the fire works. Its a 45ft yacht with three bedrooms and atleast 1 bathroom - maybe two I can't remember. We had dinner on the yacht and our butler was telling us about a small wedding that was done on board a few weeks earlier. Basically you have cocktails on board and then you get married and they time it so you say I do just before the wishes fireworks start. They have music on the boat so you can hear everything perfectly. We had the best time - it was really magical to be on the water. I think the cost of the boat rental is $450/hr plus the cost of cocktails. You would have to book this through the recreation dept and bring your offiant with you - so it wouldn't go through the wedding dept.

I just think it would be a lot of fun if you get the total number of people to work it would be an inexpensive wedding that no one would ever forget!

Here is a link to disney's website about it - scroll down also google it for more info. http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/tours-and-experiences/specialty-cruises/

If you have any interest let me know. My fiance took tons of pictures of hte boat inside and out and lots of videos.

Oh and there is also a big flat screen tv and dvd player so you could play a slideshow of pictures during the cruise :o)