PDA

View Full Version : What I've Done for a PIN (and still haven't gotten one!) :(

mommy*RN
02-12-2009, 09:27 AM
Okay -- thought I'd put it out there in case someone has suggestions for anything I've missed trying...here it goes...
- Updated profile on disneyworld.com
- Created "extra" profiles on disneyworld.com
- Priced out mock vacations on disneyworld.com
- Requested (and received) trip planning DVD
- Created custom maps
- Call more times than I can count to request code look up
- Have Disney Visa card
- Entering trip giveaway contest daily
- Put Disney Destinations in my email contacts list
- Prayed

Anything I've missed??

Thanks!:thumbsup2

mmmears
02-12-2009, 10:23 AM
I feel your pain -- I'm in the same club!:)

jms531
02-12-2009, 10:28 AM
:lmao: at "prayed"

I'm in the same boat. I've got nothing but good luck:flower3:

Momto3Girls&Max
02-12-2009, 11:02 AM
Same here -- and no pin for me! :confused3

frisco
02-12-2009, 01:52 PM
I'm actually kind of bummed this year about not getting a pin. I see so many people who got the 40% off code, and this year, that would really help us. I've never gotten a pin before, and I understood. But that 40% savings would come in very handy.

What's kind of silly is, so many of the people that get the code won't ever use it, but there are so many that would use it, but don't get it.

pluto's fan
02-12-2009, 05:19 PM
I understand how all of you guys feel. I never received pins before this year. This is my first year of getting any sort of discount sent to me by snail mail and email. I don't know if breaking my tradition of going every year helped. (We didn't go last year) I had no intentions of going this year either because I wanted to buy a car. Keep the faith, if I received something, I'm sure that you guys will too!!

Sending you all pixiedust:

winterman
02-12-2009, 05:22 PM
We booked a room at ASMu in early Jan. for next Sept. A few days later DS got a 40% pin. He is not going with us so we knew we couldn't use it. But DH sent an e-mail to Disney asking if we could use it. They replied what we already knew. "Sorry, but he is not listed on your reservation."

3 or 4 days later we got our own 40% pin via e-mail. (Which we used to upgrade to POFQ.) Coincidence?????

Last spring we had an off site trip booked. I called to make our ADRs and the CM asked if we were on the DDP. I told her we were staying offsite but were hoping to get a deal that would enable us to move to a Disney resort. About a week later we got a postcard for $59 value resort rate. Coincidence?????

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

warriorboy648
02-12-2009, 05:49 PM
Last year I received at least 4 pins.... None this year. I was able to take advantage of the 4/3 deal, but would prefer the 40% off code.

keishashadow
02-12-2009, 06:33 PM
i was in same boat:confused3 finally got one, just not the one i wanted;) free DP...maybe im on a roll

Disneynut5
02-12-2009, 06:55 PM
Crying here too. I need a code or we are not going. :( Maybe I should tell that to the Cms?

zuzu310
02-12-2009, 07:52 PM
Count me in the stagnant marketing pool that never gets a code!!!:confused3 Mommy RN, I have done almost everything you have including pray! We are going on our first vacay with my BIL and SIL. He was in the marines and is out now! So we actually have a chance to go but we NEED a deal! C'mon April get here! Here's hoping for free dining...

RMulieri
02-12-2009, 11:30 PM
21 visits to Disney and I have never gotten a pin. Dh just got the dining one and he isn't even registered and we already have bounceback free dining from last year.

MNDisneyFan
02-13-2009, 04:48 AM
Boy, same here! I've done just about everything I can think of, and no PIN :( I've tried calling 4 times to see if there is a PIN attached to my name, and each time I call, they tell me they can't look that up anymore. I am super nice to them, and even had two rude people. Two of them asked if I wanted to book, and I said "unfortunately, we're not going to be able to go unless we get a PIN". They said "OK, have a great day".

mommy*RN
02-13-2009, 09:40 AM
Crying here too. I need a code or we are not going. :( Maybe I should tell that to the Cms?
Oops - you caught one I forgot. I did this. Didn't matter. :(

Disneynut5
02-17-2009, 05:56 PM
I tried a new one today...I booked a trip with Disney over the phone but have 5 days before I need to put down the deposit. I told the Cm that the amount was a lot and I would need to discuss it with my husband first. The reservation is just tenative until you pay $200. So I will let it expire (without paying the deposit) in the 5 days and see if that generates a pin of some kind. She said that was fine to do if I changed my mind. She said there would be more deals offered for when the 4/3 expires, she just did not know what they would be.

Worth a try anyway.

pktbMouse
02-17-2009, 08:59 PM
oooh I tried that with CBR...told them to hold the reservation until I got back to them as money was tight....that was 6 weeks ago...I guess it didnt work..:sad2:

Sammie
02-18-2009, 11:49 AM
Same club, never got one, nada, never, zip, nothing, :confused3

KJ Luvs Pluto
02-18-2009, 12:17 PM
I'll weigh in here too with doing all of those things except the Disney Visa and no pins either. I took my DN a couple of times with a very good public code and a pin came in her name (she lives in another part of the state with her parents so I couldn't use it). It figures - I pay for the whole dang trip and she gets the pin code :headache: . Well at least we can feel each others pain. :sad1: .

disneykc9691
02-18-2009, 12:21 PM
received a pin shortly after ordering the vacation planning dvd, maybe they don't send one to everyone who requests a dvd

mommy*RN
02-18-2009, 02:54 PM
I tried a new one today...I booked a trip with Disney over the phone but have 5 days before I need to put down the deposit. I told the Cm that the amount was a lot and I would need to discuss it with my husband first. The reservation is just tenative until you pay $200. So I will let it expire (without paying the deposit) in the 5 days and see if that generates a pin of some kind. She said that was fine to do if I changed my mind. She said there would be more deals offered for when the 4/3 expires, she just did not know what they would be.

Worth a try anyway.

I did try this sort of. I booked a package and put the $$$ down...held the ressie for 2-3 weeks and finally figured I wanted to cancel and see if that made a point to Disney...it didn't. Still nothing. I have a great vacation planning dvd though :teeth:. I also had requested a DVC dvd to see if that would boost my chances, but nope.:sad2:

I was finallly able to find a great rate thru a TA and booked the Poly for around $210/night total. We normally don't stay at Deluxe resorts, but this deal was too good to pass up. No dining though...but we'll cope.

I'm still wishing for codes for all of us -- including me. I'd love to price it out and see if I can drop my cost even more.

Pixie dust to all my codeless friends :wizard: ...and congrats to all who have received a code they can use. I'm jealous but happy someone is getting them!!

NeverBeen2Dsny
02-19-2009, 08:22 PM
Okay -- thought I'd put it out there in case someone has suggestions for anything I've missed trying...here it goes...
- Updated profile on disneyworld.com
- Created "extra" profiles on disneyworld.com
- Priced out mock vacations on disneyworld.com
- Requested (and received) trip planning DVD
- Created custom maps
- Call more times than I can count to request code look up
- Have Disney Visa card
- Entering trip giveaway contest daily
- Put Disney Destinations in my email contacts list
- Prayed

Anything I've missed??

Thanks!:thumbsup2

Write a letter to Disney Destinations Marketing and ask for one. I did, and I get them in the mail regularly now.

mommy*RN
02-20-2009, 01:28 PM
Write a letter to Disney Destinations Marketing and ask for one. I did, and I get them in the mail regularly now.

Oooo...that's a GREAT idea! I can't believe I never thought of that as I am the letter writing queen!! Do you by chance have their address or know where I can look it up?

Great advice!!

NeverBeen2Dsny
02-21-2009, 08:31 AM
I do not know if we are allowed to post addresses. I will PM it to you.

fausz4
02-21-2009, 08:57 AM
I had never received a code before this year (we've been twice since 1996). We saw the 4/3 deal and decided to price it out with our local TA. I told DH - I would really like to get a code to get the price lower. He said - got this postcard in the mail the other day that gives us 40% off - is that what you mean!!!! DUH!
It didnt work on our dates - bummer. About 2 weeks later we received a postcard offering kids eat, stay and play for free. We aren't buying tickets for our trip (have them from past trip) so this doesnt help us either.

I didnt think we were getting codes - so i went out and requested a DVD...little did I know!

Good Luck - if I can get codes - you can too!

tink2
02-21-2009, 12:20 PM
Does anyone have an email address I could write to ask for one?
I've never received one via email, but our last trip Jan 08, I had read about one on these boards and kept calling to check if one was by our name. Finally, after about the 5th call, a nice cm said that maybe I should try again tomorrow and was sure to tell me again to try again tomorrow. So I did and magically, a pin had appeared! Saved $350 per our two rooms.
Here's hoping for one this year for our grand gathering trip!!!

mommy*RN
02-21-2009, 05:12 PM
I do not know if we are allowed to post addresses. I will PM it to you.

Thank you!:hug:

tink2
02-21-2009, 06:02 PM
Could you pm me the address too?
And if anyone has an email for them, I'd love that too..:wizard:

tatooed goofy
02-21-2009, 06:15 PM
I would love the email too. I am going to write a letter. I can only go if I have the free dining pin. The date that it is supposed to open to the public, I will be back at school for inservice. Plus, without the dining free it is out of my budget. With the dining, I might be able to afford it as airfare is up there. Keep praying with me....:worship: :worship:
Here is to my letter writing and begging......:surfweb:

GoingtoWDWagain
02-21-2009, 06:16 PM
After many, many, many yearly vacations to WDW, I have never had a pin code sent to me :sad1: I'm still hoping for one someday :sad2: I have relatives that have got a few pin codes here and there and never even bother to use them because they don't care to vacation to WDW :sad2: Don't know how they select to send them out but, clearly I'm not on the list :sad2:

Eeyore's-tail-tack
02-21-2009, 07:31 PM
have you signed up with mycokerewards.com, do and use a few points for a sweepstakes entry, i do, and i also get codes

DznyLvr2005
02-23-2009, 06:14 PM
it really doesn't matter what you do. My parents havent been to Disney since 2001 and for the first time ever they got a 40% off pin in the mail last week. Meanwhile, I go all the time, I'm signed up for everything, etc etc and haven't gotten a pin. I called when I made my resservation and asked if I had a pin attached to my name, of course I didn't. She verified my e-mail and it was wrong so she corrected it. I asked her how the pin's work and how do people get them. She told me that it's totally random. She said that the conputer system picks a block, say the 500 block in anytown, USA and thats the street (whoever is signed up with Disney for something) who will get a pin.
I wish I had one too, but I'm hoping the 4/3 deal will keep extending until October :)

NikkiLovesWDW!
02-23-2009, 06:28 PM
it really doesn't matter what you do. My parents havent been to Disney since 2001 and for the first time ever they got a 40% off pin in the mail last week. Meanwhile, I go all the time, I'm signed up for everything, etc etc and haven't gotten a pin. I called when I made my resservation and asked if I had a pin attached to my name, of course I didn't. She verified my e-mail and it was wrong so she corrected it. I asked her how the pin's work and how do people get them. She told me that it's totally random. She said that the conputer system picks a block, say the 500 block in anytown, USA and thats the street (whoever is signed up with Disney for something) who will get a pin.
I wish I had one too, but I'm hoping the 4/3 deal will keep extending until October :)

That is the cutest baby I have ever seen!!! ;)

I told them not to tell you that they got a code b/c I knew you'd be mad! They probably got one and you didn't for all the reasons you said. You go all the time so they know they can get you to go regardless. They haven't gone since 2001 so Disney needs to reel them back in. If you normally book under your name, sign Justin up on the websites with his e-mail. Tom gets way more codes than I do and he never books the trip.

DznyLvr2005
02-23-2009, 06:42 PM
That is the cutest baby I have ever seen!!! ;)

I told them not to tell you that they got a code b/c I knew you'd be mad! They probably got one and you didn't for all the reasons you said. You go all the time so they know they can get you to go regardless. They haven't gone since 2001 so Disney needs to reel them back in. If you normally book under your name, sign Justin up on the websites with his e-mail. Tom gets way more codes than I do and he never books the trip.

HA! She told me anyway!
ugh, I just got a e-mail 5 minutes ago from the Walt Disney Company...It's NOT A PIN!!!! This is the first e-mail I've ever gotten from Disney. The title of the e-mail was "Start PLanning your Disney Celebration Today!" I really really really thought it was going to be a pin!!!! But it's not :(

I know, isn't she the cutest?

weHEARTmickey
02-23-2009, 07:27 PM
:cool1: :banana: I can't believe it!!!!!:dance3:
I have called at about 6-10 times a month for the past couple of months about a pin code. I believe it was last week that the CM explained (as they always do) that I would've rec'd an e-mail or letter about a code. Then, she mentioned, "Oh, yeah, you have the kid's dine free code, but nothing else." I was shocked b/c I'd never rec'd anything about it!

Then, today I was connected with a CM who was gracious enough to search through name after name after code after code to find one that worked for our particular dates. (Apparently once the codes are attached to your name, they stay there forever??? Even though they may be expired & OLD) He found a 20% off code & I told him we just couldn't afford to go unless it was a 40% off or FD code. He searched some more & mentioned another code. He said he'd give it a shot & it came up as the FREE dining code...I booked immediately!! :woohoo:

I'm sorry, I don't mean to boast & brag, I'm just so excited!!!!! Keep trying...have the CMs check your maiden name, spouse's name, past addresses, old e-mail addresses & phone numbers...whatever. (If they don't care to help, just thank them for their time & call right back!) If I had not been so persistent about him trying EVERYTHING (& if he'd not been so wonderfully helpful) then we'd still be sitting around praying & wishing for a WDW vacation! :hug: I wish you all lots of codes & pins & pixie dust.
:tinker:

ps--This is a bit odd, too....after reading about someone getting a code for ordering maps, I JUST ordered our maps on Friday. I totally forgot about that until this very moment!!!! Coincidence??? I dunno?!?!!? :goodvibes

tink2
02-23-2009, 08:22 PM
ok- I ordered a customized map, so we will see. If I get a pin now though, it will probably be for dates before my Nov. trip. If so, I'll have everyone going (my whole family is going-11 of us) to order a customized map or two and see what happens. Bring on the codes!!!:flower3:

weHEARTmickey
02-23-2009, 09:53 PM
Then, today I was connected with a CM who was gracious enough to search through name after name after code after code to find one that worked for our particular dates. (Apparently once the codes are attached to your name, they stay there forever??? Even though they may be expired & OLD) He found a 20% off code & I told him we just couldn't afford to go unless it was a 40% off or FD code. He searched some more & mentioned another code. He said he'd give it a shot & it came up as the FREE dining code...I booked immediately!! :woohoo:

Another thing the CM said was that I was lucky we found the code today...he said this deal had to be booked by the end of the week or it expired. So...if I were any of you searching for a FD code, I'd call asap! (Can't remember exact dates...I guess during the regular FD dates. We're going in Sept)

Disney DieHard
02-24-2009, 01:45 PM
Hey all ... I wouldn't get too discouraged about the PIN offers. I really believe there are two lists ... one of people who constantly and consistently get them and another of people who never get them! :guilty:

My family and I have been visiting Disney for over 20 years now and we never manage to get a PIN from Disney ... getting codes from Deb's board or online somewhere yes but never from Disney. :sad1:

We order the planning DVD, give our ZIP to the Mousketeers that stand just beyond the turnstiles, tell them we come every year, tell them that we haven't been here in 10 years, we even went to a timeshare meeting ... NOTHING! :surfweb:

Yet, friends of ours who went for their first time are getting PINS ... ????? ... I have NO CLUE! :confused3

No wait! I was wrong! We actually got a PIN from Disney via E-Mail this year ... but when it was figured out we were actually getting a better deal with the 4 for 3 or 3 for 4 or whatever that deal is they're running now. :confused:

Don't get too frustrated with it ... it'll just make you upset and planning a Disney vacation shouldn't be upsetting! :woohoo:

Have a magical day everyone!

Frank
Disney DieHard

UGAFan0829
02-24-2009, 01:55 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one who has never received a pin. Like everyone else, I've signed up for and ordered everything possible.
The the poster who has the address-Do you mind sending it to me as well. Sure doesn't hurt to try!

tink_lover
02-24-2009, 04:13 PM
I posted that I received my first pin this week. The only thing I can think of is this - we have been going consistenly 1-2 times/year for the past few years but this year did not have our spring break trip scheduled (going to DL instead). Hmmmmmmmm.....