PDA

View Full Version : Room Block Help

jacqu3lin3
02-11-2009, 07:40 PM
Hey Everyone....I don't usually post much on here (i'm normally just a lurker:upsidedow). I need your help though. We are getting married in Disney on Feb. 21st (a week from Saturday). I know that this is totally last minute, but a few my guests have canceled their room reservations and have decided to stay off property. I received an email from my planner telling me that I had only 68 nights booked out of my contracted 75 nights and that my DF and I now have to pay for the remaining unbooked nights :scared1: , that is, if we don't reach the minimum before the wedding date.

Our original block was from 2/19 - 2/25. The block has since been released...but guests are still able to make a reservation with the DFTW discount. If anyone is planning on staying in Disney between 2/19 and 2/15, please PM me and I will provide you with the necessary info.

If I don't reach the minimum, does anyone know how I can get out of paying for the unbooked nights???

Thank You!!

lurkyloo
02-11-2009, 08:29 PM
Usually what happens if you aren't going to make your room minimum is you give up your free night and they lower your room-night minimum to one you can meet. However, it could be that you have to do this before the 30-day mark when the rooms in your block are released... maybe?

If you haven't already, definitely post on the DIS' Resorts board with info about this. Anyone who already has a Disney resort reservation - even at DVC - can just give you their reservation numbers to add to your block.:thumbsup2

jacqu3lin3
02-12-2009, 05:02 AM
Thank you for the information.....I will definitely post there!!