PDA

View Full Version : New DFTW Guide

DisneyDmbNut
02-11-2009, 05:57 PM
Tomorrow you will be able to download a new Passporter planner especially for DFTW ..I have seen the early release (written by Lurkyloo/Carrie :thumbsup2 ) and it is really awesome (especially for WDW weddings)..it includes checklist and timelines( and pictures from Lisa's CC wedding and my VR)
oh!! My shameless promotion of my pictures..AGAIN!!:rotfl:

http://i42.tinypic.com/246vrrs.jpg

Wazzo
02-11-2009, 06:11 PM
Oooh, a DFTW book!! My dreams have come true! :lovestruc

Hooray for Carrie! :worship:

adisneygal
02-11-2009, 08:27 PM
Ok, I am sorry to sound dense but what is a passporter?

DisneyDmbNut
02-11-2009, 09:10 PM
it is a guide for Disney
They have them for Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise..they are really great for planning trips
I always get a new one before I go on a cruise..even though I have been on 4, it is my ritual for getting in the cruise mood!
www.passporter.com

Lorelei528
02-11-2009, 09:27 PM
Me too!!! I have been on the Passporter boards since 2003-

I'm excited about Carrie's book!!! (And seeing your pics again too!):thumbsup2

meryll83
02-12-2009, 02:35 AM
Wow, I didn't know this was in the works!!

Is there a link yet, I can't find it from the main site?

SmilingatDisney
02-12-2009, 06:57 AM
I just downloaded my copy... It is great. It's all the information you need to plan ahead.

Great idea!!!

MegKate
02-12-2009, 07:22 AM
Can someone please post the link? I can't find it!!:confused3

SmilingatDisney
02-12-2009, 07:38 AM
Hi Ladies

Here is the link to get the e-book.

http://www.passporterboards.com/forums/passporters-club-reading-room-e-books/

you must become a Passporter's Club member to download it

Enjoy it's great

Chilly
02-12-2009, 07:40 AM
http://www.passporterboards.com/forums/passporters-club-gallery/184601-new-e-book-passporters-disney-weddings-honeymoons-dream-days-disney-world-disney-cruises.html#post2573297

Chilly
02-12-2009, 07:43 AM
Good work Carrie :thumbsup2

DisneyDmbNut
02-12-2009, 07:47 AM
Here is the direct link
http://www.passporter.com/weddings.asp

meryll83
02-12-2009, 07:54 AM
Do you get a discount at all for having a Passporter already?

Chilly
02-12-2009, 08:08 AM
When I clicked on it to buy it I get PassPorter's Sidekick to the Walt Disney World Guide E-BOOK in my shopping cart instead?!?!

DisneyDmbNut
02-12-2009, 08:15 AM
Do you get a discount at all for having a Passporter already?

i don't think for the ebook
When you buy the ebook, it comes with a coupon for 35% off a printed book

I have the passporter club membership, so I got it free

I really wish I could have had this book when I was planning my VR..It has lots of information and checklists

chipscinderelly
02-12-2009, 08:53 AM
It's a great book Carrie! Love that it mentions the DIS and Disneymooner communities :)

DisneyDmbNut
02-12-2009, 09:29 AM
It looks like they haven't updated the link yet..it just went on sale to the public today so they may not have set up the link properly

You do not need to be a passporter member to purchase..anyone can buy it today!

disneygal922
02-12-2009, 09:37 AM
ok, this may be a silly question but is this only an e-book or can i purchase a hard copy? AND if it is an e-book only, do i need to purchase from the computer i plan on using most of the time or is it a file that can be moved to a different computer later on. i'm new to this whole e-book thing! :confused3

Carrie ~ I had no idea you were working on this! Congrats! :thumbsup2 I can't wait to get it!

chipscinderelly
02-12-2009, 09:41 AM
it's a PDF so you can personally move it around and print it if you want to :)

disneygal922
02-12-2009, 09:47 AM
Thank You! :goodvibes

Lorelei528
02-12-2009, 11:00 AM
When I clicked on it to buy it I get PassPorter's Sidekick to the Walt Disney World Guide E-BOOK in my shopping cart instead?!?!

Me too!! Has anyone been able to buy this who is not a Passporter member (I am not currently a PP member)

I want to get this for sure!!

Thanks!

DisneyDmbNut
02-12-2009, 11:16 AM
It WILL be available today to the public..I think they are just updating the site

I will let you know once it is available

Lorelei528
02-12-2009, 11:28 AM
It WILL be available today to the public..I think they are just updating the site

I will let you know once it is available

THANKS!!!! That would be awesome of you!!! I really want to order it today...I'm thinking I can print it out to this printer at work...sshhh...:rotfl:

Keep us posted please-

Thanks again!:goodvibes

DisneyDmbNut
02-12-2009, 11:54 AM
oh yes..I printed mine on the color laser printer..did it very prettily!! haha

SailorsPrincess
02-12-2009, 12:02 PM
:banana:

:worship: THANK YOU!! I LOVE my passporter! I just bought the 2009 (10th anniversary!) for WDW, I am hooked!

I was just thinking the other day, "I wish I had a DFTW book!" This is even better! Disney passporter + DFTW = awesomeness!!

:goodvibes

mermaidbride1108
02-12-2009, 01:29 PM
Is it available yet???

I purchased six 2009 passporters & gave them to each family for Christmas for their Disney Planning! I plan to buy the new Cruise one too. Really great info, I rate the best Disney guide printed book. However, I'm not a member. I had always planned on becoming one before the wedding for all the guide books, Now this guide gave me the push to join for this month!

I believe this is a great tip (let me know if they won't allow you do to this anymore, they had promoted this tip in the passporter newsletter.) instead of buying the one e-book for $4.95, Purchase a one month membership for the same price and then download all the guide books since they are free to passporter members.

Dr.Cinderella
02-12-2009, 01:59 PM
I tried to buy it, and it says it is out of stock when I click the link to purchase?

MegKate
02-12-2009, 02:25 PM
I tried to buy it, and it says it is out of stock when I click the link to purchase?

Ditto and I wanted to do it while I was here at work alone.

BecBennett
02-12-2009, 07:06 PM
I'm registering for the site, does anyone want to be my referrer?

DisneyDmbNut
02-12-2009, 07:11 PM
sure!
my name is the same there

Wazzo
02-13-2009, 06:32 AM
Here it is!

http://www.passporter.com/weddings.asp

It's finally been released to the general public, and not just the Club members.

I can't wait to get my hot little hands on it! :goodvibes

oochr1soo
02-13-2009, 06:58 AM
** edit found what i was looking for ** can delete this..

DecemberDisneyBride
02-13-2009, 08:33 AM
Great job Carrie :thumbsup2 (It makes me want to plan a vow renewal, but I have only been married two months and when I mentioned it to DH, he was like :scared1: and :eek: )

jennifaerie
02-13-2009, 10:08 AM
Snazzy work, if I do say so (and not just cuz one of my pictures is in it! :D ).

DisneyDmbNut
02-13-2009, 10:29 AM
Snazzy work, if I do say so (and not just cuz one of my pictures is in it! :D ).

which one is yours?

jennifaerie
02-13-2009, 10:38 AM
The picture of Atlantis.

meryll83
02-13-2009, 10:48 AM
Without being biased now, is this worth a buy, or will I not learn anything I already know??

DisneyDmbNut
02-13-2009, 10:53 AM
Oh!!
Wasn't it pretty! That was the backdrop of ours too..that was my DH under the "Photography" section

DisneyDmbNut
02-13-2009, 10:56 AM
Without being biased now, is this worth a buy, or will I not learn anything I already know??

I would buy it!

I always buy the refill pages for the Disney Cruise even though I have been on the cruise several times..there is always something new to read.
It also has checklists and time lines that would be very helpful

I really wish I had had this when I was planning my VR

jennifaerie
02-13-2009, 10:58 AM
After spending the morning driving around the poorer regions of Nassau, we were blown away by Atlantis.

We did a four-night again just a couple weeks ago and booked a Comfort Suites room to actually visit Aquaventure, and wow! What a place. You're so right.

(Sorry lurkyloo, not hijacking... :) )

lurkyloo
02-13-2009, 11:07 AM
:hug: Thanks everyone!

I'm not sure I am allowed to be commenting on this thread cuz I don't want to run afoul of the DIS rules, but I can't resist answering this...

You know how I'm always butting in and answering people's questions on this board? (...Whether or not I've been asked :lmao: ) All those answers are in the book, all in one place. I even refer to it for answers myself! :rotfl:

Wazzo
02-13-2009, 11:42 AM

Yes, it's definitely worth it! :worship:

It's 274 pages of awesome information. And, Passporter has a satisfaction guarantee. So, if you do buy it and find that it is not helpful, they will refund your money! :goodvibes

pink_tink8i8
02-13-2009, 12:23 PM
I absolutely recommend that people buy it. All the info is in one place instead of having to search all over the boards etc.

The only problem I had with it is that I couldn't use paypal and since I didn't feel like doing the whole troubleshooting I just paid by credit card.

MegKate
02-13-2009, 01:03 PM
:hug: Thanks everyone!

I'm not sure I am allowed to be commenting on this thread cuz I don't want to run afoul of the DIS rules, but I can't resist answering this...

You know how I'm always butting in and answering people's questions on this board? (...Whether or not I've been asked :lmao: ) All those answers are in the book, all in one place. I even refer to it for answers myself! :rotfl:

I love it Carrie!! And to know an actual author! (Can we have a book signing? Only half kidding on that!) It's like all the questions I ever had in one place. :lovestruc Thank you for taking the time to write it for us all!

My question is the option to bind it up - I'm one of those who likes having the actual book. I went on the website you recommended (lulu was it?) and it says the option to print and bind it is 60!! Is there a different way! :confused3

lurkyloo
02-13-2009, 01:35 PM
Yes! If you print it as a "Digest" format (5.5"x8.5" - which is the e-books' native size) paperback, with Publisher Grade Paper, black & white (the cover will be in color) and Perfect Bound, the price is $6.61 plus about $6 in shipping. Printing it in all color is what boosts it to $60. :sad1:

I have ordered one and will let you know if it looks any good when I get it! :thumbsup2

WriteDisney
02-13-2009, 02:35 PM
Wow that is awesome!!

I get the passporter every year but I didnt realize there was a passporter's club... I definitely want to get this e-book but I'm wondering if maybe I should just join the club so I can have access to all the e-books.. yearly membership? monthly? I dont know so many options!

oochr1soo
02-13-2009, 03:06 PM
Yes! If you print it as a "Digest" format (5.5"x8.5" - which is the e-books' native size) paperback, with Publisher Grade Paper, black & white (the cover will be in color) and Perfect Bound, the price is $6.61 plus about $6 in shipping. Printing it in all color is what boosts it to $60. :sad1:

I have ordered one and will let you know if it looks any good when I get it! :thumbsup2

sadly they dont offer the digest format in color.. if they did i would probably pay for it..

DisneyDmbNut
02-13-2009, 08:05 PM
HOLY COW!

I couldn't open the file here at home because I had Reader 5.0..when I downloaded the new 9.0 version....WAYYYYY better!! it is interactive!! How cool is that??!!!

Goldeelox9
02-14-2009, 03:53 PM
I love the ebook, again not just because my pictures are in it, but because it is great! I wish it was out a year ago!

polynesianbride
02-14-2009, 11:57 PM
So I'm very excited about this new DFTW e-book and set off to get it last night. I signed up for the 1 month subscription and tried to download the book but at 47% it stops and gives me an error message! :confused: I tried it a couple times but no luck... I tried just to open it without saving it to my computer but the exact same thing happened! I thought it was probably something I was doing wrong or a problem with my computer but I tried a couple other of the e-books on the site and they download with no problem:confused3 Anyone else having problems? Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong? I've been trying to get my hands on it for 24 hours now and it's driving my nutty:headache: ! PLEASE HELP!

polynesianbride
02-15-2009, 12:12 AM
Oh yeah... the error message says... "Internet Explorer cannot download passportersdisneyweddings.pdf from www.passporter.com because the connection with the server was reset" :badpc: :badpc: :badpc: :badpc: :badpc: :badpc::badpc: :badpc: :badpc: :badpc: :badpc: :badpc:

DisneyDmbNut
02-15-2009, 09:29 AM
make sure you have Adobe Reader 7 or higher.

I had the same problem at home, it kept giving me an error. WHen I upgraded to 9.0 (the current free from Adobe) it downloaded fine

jenna77
02-15-2009, 09:32 AM
Oh yeah... the error message says... "Internet Explorer cannot download passportersdisneyweddings.pdf from www.passporter.com because the connection with the server was reset" :badpc: :badpc: :badpc: :badpc: :badpc: :badpc::badpc: :badpc: :badpc: :badpc: :badpc: :badpc:

That's probably just a temporary server problem. Try downloading the PDF again. I had no problem on Friday.