PDA

View Full Version : Soooo disapointed

Robin1970
02-11-2009, 03:39 PM
First off, we just got back from the 1/31 Magic cruise and it was awesome!! The only low point of the trip was the fact that my 9 year old daughter lost/had her pin lanyard stolen. I understand that she is responsible for her belongings and ultimately the blame is on her that she took the lanyard off while we were in Studio Sea singing karaoke. However, if a cast member had found it it would have been turned into guest services without question. We left Studio Sea at around 10:45 and she left it on the table. It is unfortunate that some person or persons had to take the lanyard (about 15 pins on it from her first trip to Disney, our 2007 cruise and of course some pins I had just bought her). I had a heartbroken little girl crying herself to sleep on the last night of the cruise. I guess not everyone on board was feeling the "magic".

orlandothebeagle
02-11-2009, 03:49 PM
That sucks, sorry.

BibbidyBobbidyBoo
02-11-2009, 03:53 PM
Oh I'm so sorry! :( That stinks- especially when it happens to a young child. :(
Kids forget things so easily- atleast in my experience with mne. LOL I have to watch them like a hawk. Last trip (DL) we took a bench break and DS10 left our lanyard (with pins and this lanyard was my favorite-one I'd gotten at Epcot years ago that was perfect to hold a water bottle at the end of it- and it had my favorite water bottle on the end of it) on the bench- we'd only walked a SHORT distance away before I realized he didn't have it- and ran back.. gone already. :( ugh people nowadays. :(

orlandothebeagle
02-11-2009, 04:00 PM
Never mind kids, I leave everything everywhre!!!
I was skiing last month and got off the gondola and after 2 mins remembered my rucksack was still on it, hassle,hassle,hassle.

Your poor daughter, It is tough when you are young!

Bracy
02-11-2009, 04:15 PM
That really stinks. On our last cruise it was my son's sunglasses. I don't know what is wrong with some people. Guess we'll be leaving our best pins at home just to be safe. Thanks for the warning.

mommasita
02-11-2009, 04:17 PM
I am sorry this happened. I would still try and contact Lost and Found, in the event it does get turned in.

austin77
02-11-2009, 04:19 PM
Im very sorry to hear that someone would do that..

CanadianDisneyDad
02-11-2009, 05:01 PM
sorry to hear that :(

Surprised that no one would turn it in, hopefully they have bad carma coming their way.

Send me your address and on our next cruise I'll send one along.

:grouphug:

BibbidyBobbidyBoo
02-11-2009, 05:05 PM
That really stinks. On our last cruise it was my son's sunglasses. I don't know what is wrong with some people. Guess we'll be leaving our best pins at home just to be safe. Thanks for the warning.
:(
On the flip side- quite awhile ago on a solo trip to WDW (I believe it was Jan 2003) I lost my sunglasses at epcot. now THAT is one thing I'm really bad about leaving everywhere but usually at places I can turn around and go get them like mom's house, etc. It wasn't just any "no big deal" for me because I have a hard time finding sunglasses (ears are slightly not even and I have to have the nosepieces or it won't fit me right/etc.) I was so sad (and my eyes are sensitive to sunlight- I NEED sunglasses) but later I went to lost and found and they were there! I was so tickled pink. :)

when we lost the lanyard/pins/waterbottle we even searched the top of nearby trashcans thinking maybe someone just took the pins and chunked the rest. No such luck. :( Still haven't found the perfect lanyard like that one was. LOL I know how bummed I was so I can only imagine how much harder that feeling is on a little 9yr old. :(

Bouncing4Tigger
02-11-2009, 05:15 PM
That really stinks, sorry someone was so heartless to steal from a child.

Robin1970
02-11-2009, 05:38 PM
I will say that the Magic crew and guest services was awesome. There was a table of teens behind us at Karaoke and this cute blonde cast member said she would check in the Stack... make an announcement that a little girl lost her lanyard in Studio Sea and was upset. So... they really did all they could. We checked lost and found before we left the boat and nada.
A big lesson learned for my girl.

cctimmom
02-11-2009, 06:13 PM
that is so sad... I'm sorry that had to happen... I hope karma gets the person who stole it.

My2Jars
02-11-2009, 06:17 PM
don't they have cameras? They must!

If so, your window of time is small, have them check!

disneynewbee
02-11-2009, 06:29 PM
That's horrible I don't know how people live with themselves.

Neriberi
02-11-2009, 06:34 PM
Our Disney beach towel was stolen just minutes after we bought it at Castaway Cay. We were pretty devastated that such a thing could happen. By the end of the night, once it was confirmed that it was not in the lost and found, a replacement towel "found" us! We were so impressed with Disney and now we are anxious for our second DCL cruise next month. We'll definitely make sure to keep an extra eye on all of our personal belongings!

Mickeyhugger
02-11-2009, 06:53 PM
It's so sad when something as that happens to a child:sad1: My DD (also 9) lost her Tinkerbell cap at MGM studios a few years ago. We checked lost and found numerous times. It almost ruined her day.:sad2:

mattmommy
02-11-2009, 07:48 PM
My ds8 has lost a few caps (not in great condition either) and they've never made it to lost and found.

Oh well.

One time we left my entire backpack with dh's wallet, camera, etc. in it on the Kali river rapids. It was actually all there when we remembered. It just went on a ride without us.

DH also dropped our unrenewed annual pass when pawing through his wallet. I had visions of us opening the window and throwing money out. Somebody actually turned it in.

GoofyTraci
02-11-2009, 08:00 PM
wow I am so sorry to hear that. Terrible things have to be that way.

disney1990
02-11-2009, 08:20 PM
First off, we just got back from the 1/31 Magic cruise and it was awesome!! The only low point of the trip was the fact that my 9 year old daughter lost/had her pin lanyard stolen. I understand that she is responsible for her belongings and ultimately the blame is on her that she took the lanyard off while we were in Studio Sea singing karaoke. However, if a cast member had found it it would have been turned into guest services without question. We left Studio Sea at around 10:45 and she left it on the table. It is unfortunate that some person or persons had to take the lanyard (about 15 pins on it from her first trip to Disney, our 2007 cruise and of course some pins I had just bought her). I had a heartbroken little girl crying herself to sleep on the last night of the cruise. I guess not everyone on board was feeling the "magic".

Did you talk with Guest Services on the ship? I have had wonderful experiences after talking with Guest Services -- even offers to replace what was lost.

yazee1
02-11-2009, 08:30 PM
I feel your pain. Been there, done that with our children, too - blankies, most favorite doll, special hat purchased on vacation, etc. So true, on one hand, we all have to learn the hard way to be more careful with our things, but on the other it breaks a parent's heart to witness the shock and grief the child experiences at the loss of their cherished possession.

Last September, on our cruise, I think I witnessed someone stealing a child's toy. It happened so fast. I was sitting on one of the couches in the Nassau port center waiting for my husband to return from the information desk when I saw a brand new stuffed Mickey (or maybe it was Minnie-can't remember) sitting on the planter across from me. It looked like a child either left it there or, maybe, a kid dropped it on the floor and a passerby picked it up and put it there in case someone came back for it. It occurred to me I should take it to the lost and found. Before I got up to retrieve it, a young woman sat down on the couch next to the planter where the doll was sitting, noticed the doll and picked it up. She turned it all around in her hands, looked around, and then quickly shoved it under her thighs. I can't know for sure that it wasn't hers. The way she furtively looked all around and then hid it under body was just kind of suspicious.

OurOhana
02-11-2009, 08:55 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about the losses. It's so easy to lose track of things on vacation. We were pretty lucky this time. Our DD lost a hair barrett in the club one night, but it was no big deal. We checked to see if they found it, but they hadn't.

Oddly enough on our trip, my husband and I each found a KTWC in a photo kiosk on back-to-back nights. We took them to guest services before someone could try to use them to buy something. We were hoping if we left something behind, someone would turn them in.

We actually can't find a pair of my hubby's shoes, but we left them in the room inadvertently. DCL's Lost and Found was quick to respond to our inquiry, but they haven't been turned in yet.

tammymacb
02-12-2009, 07:52 AM
We had a manicure set stolen right out of our FE!

Our party was around 25 people and along with participating in the DIS FE exchange, we put little gifts in for our family member/friends FEs. We were leaving for dinner and DD saw the manicure kit ( my gf bought it just for her ) but we were running late and left it until we returned. Well, you guessed it, we came back and it was gone! Can you imagine the nerve??

I only wish I'd been walking out of my room to find someone with my stuff in their hands.

Anal Annie
02-12-2009, 08:05 AM
My DS lost his fav. ballcap on our DCL last summer. It was from a previous trip another year to WDW... Had a Safari Mickey on it from AK and he'd picked it out himself and really liked it. We looked EVERYWHERE before we left the ship. It was just gone. I don't think it was stolen, I think he simply lost it. Probably took it off somewhere and set it down.:confused3

One time we were on St. John staying at the Westin resort which is HUGE. We were there for a destination wedding that DH was in. We'd been out all evening for the rehersal dinner and when we got back it was late and they took us back to our building in a golf cart. We discovered shortly after going back to the room that DS had left his gameboy on the cart!!!:scared: So we walked all the way down to the building / parking lot where they store the carts at the resort...started looking through / in all of the carts for it. A resort employee saw us out there in the dark climbing around all the carts and came out to see what we were doing. He helped us search. DS was in tears.:sad2: Finally we found our cart and there it was sitting on the seat!! WHEW!! It would've been a LONG week if we never found that darned thing!

I always feel like I need a checklist for stuff whenever we go somewhere to make sure we have everything...

lg3
02-12-2009, 08:54 AM
Sorry to hear about the lanyard.
dd4 at the time had a small photo album stolen at DL. It was very upsetting for her because she was meeting up with her good friend she only gets to see once a year (distance) and her friend made the album just for her. It was taken out of a stroller we had, that was only out of our sight for about 10 minutes. No one ever found it at the lost & found area. Hard lesson learned.

gmark2000
02-12-2009, 10:23 AM
I was on the same cruise 1/31 and lost my camera in the Walt Disney Theater on the first night. Searched several times with the cast members, throughout the rows and aisles I traveled. I knew it was lost in the theater because I couldn't find it at the at of the show.

I put in a lost report at Guest Services with a detailed description and later that evening (actually 4:45am) a message was posted on the phone system for me come to Guest Services to identify a camera.

I recovered the camera intact less than 12 hours later. Kudos to the cast members.