PDA

View Full Version : Brides from UK ~ Please help Official documents to get married

jennjones1
02-11-2009, 03:37 PM
Ok girls i need your help!!

I am from the UK and am getting married at Disney in October, can you tell me what paperwork/documents i need to get or do in disney to make sure i am able to get married and also to make sure my wedding is official.

My husband to be's mum got married in florida about 6 years ago and had to get alot of paperwork done and sent to florida and back again before the wedding. I am sure on here i have seen that other brides only have to go to the court house in florida..

Please help me, i am totally confused!!!!!!!!:headache:

ITmickey
02-11-2009, 09:40 PM
Hi!

We were also a foreign couple, and all we needed to do was to go to the courthouse with our passports. There, we filled the application, paid the fee (little less than $100), we had to swear that all the info was true, and we got the marriage license. All the process took about 15 min.

Some couples prefer to receive the application by mail, notarize it, and send it back, and you receive the marriage license in return. This avoids going to the courthouse at all.

We went to the courthouse the day before the wedding.

HTH!

MegKate
02-11-2009, 09:42 PM
http://marriage.about.com/cs/marriagelicenses/p/florida.htm

You can check this out. I think the paperwork is the same for the UK Brides. But I would call and check. :thumbsup2

I'll tell you what - I'm bringing every piece of possible information they could need from us. They say they don't need a divorce decree (DF got divorced 3-17-04), but that will definitely be down there with us!!

Calleigh
02-12-2009, 12:37 AM
ITmickey is right, but you should check with the UK embassy to be sure. It can be a bit different with UK.