PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone done the Dolphin Discovery in Grand Cayman?

TLHB70
02-11-2009, 12:21 PM
We are considering doing this. My youngest DD turns 11 years old on our Grand Cayman port day. She has asked to do this for her birthday. I cannot find any reviews of it. I would love to get feedback from anyone that has done it. It is so expensive so I definitely hope to hear from others that have done it before we decide to do it.
http://www.dolphindiscovery.com/grand-cayman/cayman-location-overview.asp

cats mom
02-11-2009, 01:27 PM
Well, the Grand Cayman location just opened 12/2008 so I'm guessing not many DCL cruisers have had a chance to try it out yet.

Dolphin Discovery in Cozumel has been around for ages though and they offer the same programs. You'd probably be safe assuming your actual dolphin swim experience in Grand Cayman would be similar. I'm just not sure what the facility there offers in comparison with Chankanaab in Cozumel.

TLHB70
02-11-2009, 03:05 PM
Thank you for that information. I didn't realize it was so new. We have done the Eastern and 4 day cruise, but this is a first for us on the Western.
We are planning to go to Nachi Cocom on our Cozumel day and hoping to do the dolphin activity on the Grand Cayman day since that is DD's actual birthday. Since we sail in September, maybe that will give me enough time to wait on and read a few reviews.