PDA

View Full Version : Where to find AAA Discounts?

mermaidbride1108
02-11-2009, 01:51 AM
I'm a AAA member, but I looked on their sit and can't find the room-only discounts, just MYW.

Do I have to call & speak to a travel agent? I'm still waiting on someone to call me back 2 days ago.:confused3

HM
02-11-2009, 07:19 AM
If you want ROOM ONLY- AAA discount, you have to do that by calling WDW Travel. That is not available online or through a AAA agent.

brentalex
02-11-2009, 07:23 AM
If you want a room only reservation with the AAA discount you can call disney and they can give you the information and make the reservation. You can also do this through a AAA travel agent, or really any other travel agent. If you want a package with the AAA discount on the room portion of the package, then you need to go through the AAA travel agent.
When I look at the AAA web site, I am able to see the room rates with the AAA discount. The problem is that each separate AAA club really have their own web sites and may do things differently.

su_A_ve
02-11-2009, 08:56 AM
If you want ROOM ONLY- AAA discount, you have to do that by calling WDW Travel. That is not available online or through a AAA agent.

That's not correct. You can book room-only with AAA discount online via AAA. It's a little tricky to do as you have to bypass their first offerings of 'preferred' hotels.

This is roughly how you can do it:=

* www.aaa.com - Login (you must be registered)
* Click the Travel tab, then Hotels
* Type Lake Buena Vista for City, select dates and party
* If you selected children, you'll hit an error and must enter the ages
* Scroll to the bottom and click the red icon to search for more
* Click on the letter D to display the "Disney" resorts

Note that the room descriptions will not have much info on them (in terms of view).

As an example, I just picked August 9 to 15, ASMu. The rates presented are $69.70, $82, $82.45, $97 and $156.40, $184

Once you click on the Book now, you'll get the description.

$69.70 - Standard view room
$82 - Standard view room (rack)
$82.45 - Two Calypso Bldg
$97 - Two Calypso Bldg (rack)
$156.40 - Family suite
$184 - Family suite (rack)

Finally, note that only until you go to the payment screen you'll confirm the availability. I've seen this happened before. could be someone else was trying to book the last remaining room at the same time...

laura001
02-11-2009, 08:59 AM
I'm a AAA member, but I looked on their sit and can't find the room-only discounts, just MYW.

Do I have to call & speak to a travel agent? I'm still waiting on someone to call me back 2 days ago.:confused3

If it has taken 2 days for your agent to call you back...hmmm....time to find a new agent!!!!

apennel
02-11-2009, 09:11 AM
su A ve - thanks for posting the AAA site instructions. I was having problems navigating their site too!

chisnpeke
02-11-2009, 02:21 PM
Thanks Su A Ve. That was very helpful. I now know how to find the hotels. I was having trouble find them on the website.