PDA

View Full Version : Newbie question about different deals

HawkeyeMickey77
02-10-2009, 07:11 PM
My family is researching & planning a Sept WDW trip (9/11-19). It's the 3rd time for me, 2nd for husband, and first for our boys who will be 4 & 1/2 & a month shy of 2 at that time. We're hoping to stay at the All Star Movies Resort. I have a question about the various deals I've read/heard about. What is the best? I received the 40% mailer back in January, but I've also heard talk that the buy 4, get 3 free may be extended past August & heard too that free dining is sometimes offered at the time of year we'll be going. So, what's the best deal to pursue & can any of them be combined (specifically - if I book using the 40% off and then free dining is offered, can I take advantage of that too?) Sorry if I'm answering questions that seem obvious, but I'm a newbie to all of this and I want to have all the facts before I book our trip! Thanks for your help & suggestions!

ckenlady
02-10-2009, 07:27 PM
offers can not be combined... In my experience, discounts on the rooms and tickets is a better deal than free dining. We spent half our time when we had free dining, looking for places to eat. It took away a lot of the day as we had to head over there>>>>>>>> or over there to catch our ADR.

lsutiggergirl
02-10-2009, 07:31 PM
We have a group going in September and half of us got the free dining deal and half of us got the 40% off. The difference was about $70. The people with free dining paid less.

Also---we are staying at POFQ.

DISDANCEMOM
02-10-2009, 07:37 PM
I just sat and figured it out...there is very little difference between the 40% PIN, Free Dining and the buy 4 get 3...so we have booked using the 40% PIN since that is the only one offered so far when we want to go.

That being said...you can book one and then if something else comes out that would save you more money you can change your Reservations. You have until 45 days prior to departure to make any changes without penalty. After 45 days I believe the penalty is $50 to make changes if you are getting a lower rate (nothing if you add something and end up paying more). As long as your change is going to result in a saving larger than the penalty then you could still do it after the 45day mark (if it is less savings than $50 then it would be pointless):surfweb:

HawkeyeMickey77
02-10-2009, 07:40 PM
Thanks for the info. I have been a bit curious about the free dining since we will be with 2 little ones and on 'their schedule' more than ours! ;) I'm a little concerned that we'd spend too much time looking for a qualifying place to eat with hungry boys!!! Another question - if I book with the 40% off deal and the buy 4 get 3 is extended later (I've heard that's the best deal) would I be able to change my reservation to take advantage of the better deal?

I really appreciate your help!

Also, where is the BEST place for a character meal with my 2 little boys?

HawkeyeMickey77
02-10-2009, 07:43 PM
Thanks DISDANCEMOM - I think we were posting at the same time because you answered my question that appears after your post!:)

DISDANCEMOM
02-10-2009, 07:57 PM
Thanks DISDANCEMOM - I think we were posting at the same time because you answered my question that appears after your post!:)

NP! It happens all the time!!!

As for your question re Character Meal with your 2 young boys...what characters do they like. I highly recommend the Breakfast at TuskerHouse in Animal Kingdom or Chef Mickeys (breakfast, lunch or dinner) at the Contemporary Resort.

On our last trip we did TuskerHouse for more of a brunch at 10:30am. We were the last sitting for breakfast and the place started to clear out about half way through our meal. The food was still fresh and hot and the restaurant was not crowded at all. The kids got to spend lots of time with Safari Mickey, Donald, Daisy & Goofy. Everyone had a blast ... dd(6) got up with Donald and did the step/step/hop/shake thing he does on Mickey Mouse Club House on Playhouse Disney!

DWFan4Life
02-11-2009, 12:54 AM
Since then we haven't get any pin code, 4/3 deal works for us. But still waiting for any pin or deal to come. :lmao:

Have a nice day everyone. :)