PDA

View Full Version : Lunch at Serenity Bay

sas_mk
02-10-2009, 03:49 PM
Hi Everyone,

I keep hearing about the great cookie dough ice cream on Castaway Cay, but I think we will probably be eating lunch at Serenity Bay.

Is the cookie dough ice cream served over at the adult beach, or do we need to make a special trek to the BBQ to get it?

Thanks for your help!

YenSid1222
02-10-2009, 04:09 PM
There is an ice cream machine at Serenity Bay...and at least in December, it DID have the Cookies and Cream ice cream.

MMitchell29
02-10-2009, 04:37 PM
There is an ice cream machine at Serenity Bay...and at least in December, it DID have the Cookies and Cream ice cream.

Is there an extra charge for lunch on Serenity Bay?

delta0413
02-10-2009, 04:47 PM
Is there an extra charge for lunch on Serenity Bay?

Nope... It's included as are the non-alcoholic drinks.

MMitchell29
02-10-2009, 04:54 PM
Nope... It's included as are the non-alcoholic drinks.

Thanks delta i'm trying to gather all my information before I book my cruise

delta0413
02-10-2009, 05:02 PM
Thanks delta i'm trying to gather all my information before I book my cruise

No problem. DW, DD19, DD14, and I have taken 3 Disney cruises and are booked again for June 27th. My unsolicited advice... book it, you can't go wrong.

Have fun!

melsherard
02-10-2009, 05:48 PM
We just got off the Jan 25th cruise... they had strawberry and cookie dough soft serve at the adult beach.... AND yummy ribeye steaks! That was the best meal of the cruise for us!!!

OurOhana
02-10-2009, 05:52 PM
We were just there on Friday. I had heard about the cookie-dough ice cream and finally got to try it at Serenity Bay. It was great. And melsherard is right, the steaks were pretty good over there - plus it wasn't crowded. It's a good place for the adults to get a little quiet.

sas_mk
02-10-2009, 05:58 PM
Thanks everybody! I am so excited to get on that island!! :cool1:

john970
02-10-2009, 07:41 PM
This all sounds great.

What non-alcoholic drinks are included? Just soda... or anything good?

And are there ribs and a big variety?

jlowejd5
02-11-2009, 08:15 AM
Oh, I'd almost forgotten about the spread they put on over there. Just delicious, and the smells from the grill are intoxicating. Granted, I feel horribly for the guy on a beach in hot hot weather who is forced to stand over a giant open-flame bbq, but I'll gladly eat what he's cooking and be appreciative of his sacrifice.

The fact that I'll be there in less than a week is very, very nice.

The plane leaves in 70 hours. Not that I'm counting...

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

orlandothebeagle
02-11-2009, 08:25 AM
We were just there on Friday. I had heard about the cookie-dough ice cream and finally got to try it at Serenity Bay. It was great. And melsherard is right, the steaks were pretty good over there - plus it wasn't crowded. It's a good place for the adults to get a little quiet.

Weve always had dn with us, next time shes being left:sad1:

But that is the one thing I am looking forward to trying, I cant wait to go to seranity Bay.

Eeyore'sthebest
02-11-2009, 08:31 AM

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:Completely OT of the thread but have a great trip!! :cool1: :cool1: I'd be counting down too!!!

orlandothebeagle
02-11-2009, 08:37 AM
Oh, I'd almost forgotten about the spread they put on over there. Just delicious, and the smells from the grill are intoxicating. Granted, I feel horribly for the guy on a beach in hot hot weather who is forced to stand over a giant open-flame bbq, but I'll gladly eat what he's cooking and be appreciative of his sacrifice.

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

You lucky,lucky toad, have a good time!

john970
02-11-2009, 08:48 AM
Have a great time.

Does anyone know if the lunch at Serenity Bay is different from that of the rest of the beach?

Also, what kind of drinks are free: just soda, or non-alcoholic smoothies (pina coladas)?

kileybeth
02-11-2009, 02:43 PM
and one more question from a newbie here (1st sailing Sept 5th 7 nite western) who hasn't purchased her passporter or read every word on every thread yet LOL. Is lunch free on Castaway Cay??! I had no idea! Just at adult beach or for everyone?

I had planned to bring some bottled drink from home to take with us on port days, but not necessary at CC?

Thanx for your help!

SweetSpot
02-11-2009, 02:58 PM
I loved the cookie dough ice cream at Serenity Bay. The bbq does smell great and the variety is nice. The steak was really good there but I did have a terrible time cutting it with the plastic knife. Were there other knives somewhere that I missed?

Also, I read here recently that they have pizza later in the day at Cookies. Is this true and do they also do this at Serenity Bay?

gmark2000
02-11-2009, 03:04 PM
You have to cut the rib steak with a plastic knife. They had BBQ pork ribs, mahi-mahi and chicken too. No pizza at Serenity but yes at Cookies BBQ by 3pm (when the kids club Scuttles Cove closes up).

orlandothebeagle
02-11-2009, 03:55 PM
and one more question from a newbie here (1st sailing Sept 5th 7 nite western) who hasn't purchased her passporter or read every word on every thread yet LOL. Is lunch free on Castaway Cay??! I had no idea! Just at adult beach or for everyone?

I had planned to bring some bottled drink from home to take with us on port days, but not necessary at CC?

Thanx for your help!

Yes. lunch is free everywhere, so is soft drinks from the food places.

SweetSpot
02-11-2009, 05:36 PM
No pizza at Serenity but yes at Cookies BBQ by 3pm (when the kids club Scuttles Cove closes up).

Is the pizza new? My son will be happy to hear this. I always remembered them closing Cookies down and that was that. I remember going there for ice cream after collecting my DD and them cleaning everything up.

kileybeth
02-11-2009, 10:10 PM
orlandothebeagle,

Thanks, I picked up a Passporter cruiseline book at the library today as my local borders had none in stock so I will just go ahead and order online.

So I will be devoring that in the next couple days for sure.

sweet about lunch being included on CC. makes life simpler!

thanks for getting back to me.

BibbidyBobbidyBoo
02-12-2009, 01:53 AM
You have to cut the rib steak with a plastic knife. They had BBQ pork ribs, mahi-mahi and chicken too. No pizza at Serenity but yes at Cookies BBQ by 3pm (when the kids club Scuttles Cove closes up).
I had no idea they had pizza there later!

Is the pizza new? My son will be happy to hear this. I always remembered them closing Cookies down and that was that. I remember going there for ice cream after collecting my DD and them cleaning everything up.
I thought it closed and that was that too! LOL

gmark2000
02-12-2009, 05:19 AM
I should preface that I picked up my kids at 2:45 last week and there was a single line in Cookies that was open along with one single drink station and one single ice cream station open. I can't say how much longer that Cookies stayed open past 3pm.

Kids have to be picked up from Scuttles Cove before 3pm or else they're taken aboard the ship back to the Oceaneers Club.

wwwosie
02-12-2009, 10:38 AM
No problem. DW, DD19, DD14, and I have taken 3 Disney cruises and are booked again for June 27th. My unsolicited advice... book it, you can't go wrong.

Have fun!

Delta, we are on the same cruise! DS 18, DD 12, DH... there's a cruise meet thread... come on over!

mmackeymouse
02-14-2009, 03:12 AM
I am sooooooo torn when it comes to food on CC.

We will probably be spending most of our time at Serenity Bay, so the Air Bar would be ideal.

I have read that Cookies food is "better" and obviously they have more of a variety. But, on SB, they have different options as well, steak sandwiches, grilled chicken sandwiches, sometimes lobster.

I may have to do one at like 11, and the other around 1.:laughing: