PDA

View Full Version : Wonder room 8056

astempel
02-10-2009, 10:06 AM
Anyone have any opinions on this room? This is where we'll be for our upcoming May cruise. We are first timers so I am a little nervous about the room.

coasterfiend
02-10-2009, 10:45 AM
We just sailed in room 8056 on the 3 night (Jan 29-Feb 1). It was a great location - short walk to either mid or aft elevators or stairs. We faced Nassau when docked and would have faced CC if we had been able to dock - the winds were too strong.

The noise from deck 9 was noticable on Thursday afternoon before we sailed - deck chairs scraping, etc. but not bad at all the rest of the cruise. We were in the stateroom by 1:40 on Thursday.

Ionie was our cabin steward and she did a great job. We had two teenagers with us so she had to make up the sofa and the drop down bunk each day and she had it done shortly after we would leave the room, just put the "service please" side of the door hang tag on when you go out.

Everything worked great. The curtain pull was broken on the sheers on the verandah, but on Friday they had fixed them when we were in Nassau. I had moved it to the center of the window so they would see it. We did not ask for it to be fixed however they just took care of it.

No problems with the shower, etc. No noise from the hallway at all and the ship was full.

Sorry such a long post if you have any specific questions please let me know - I'll check back to the thread on and off. Or you could pm me.

Have a great cruise! :thumbsup2

Jane

astempel
02-10-2009, 11:30 AM
Thank you so much for your helpful answer!! We are excited, but nervous about our first cruise and I don't want any surprises!:goodvibes

coasterfiend
02-11-2009, 06:37 AM
You're very welcome!!

One suggestion, which is listed on the boards helpful hints list, that really was a nice touch for us (especially with two 17 yo boys :rotfl: ) - bring an Air Wick plug in air freshener night light combo and plug it in the commode room. The air freshener part was useful, as you could imagine with said cabin mates, but the night light was invaluable. It glowed a bluish color and lit up the area without being intrusive. The outlet says for razors only but it worked fine and our cabin steward didn't take it out or say anything about it being "not allowed." We did have to leave the air freshener bottle when we packed to leave because we had thrown out the plastic cap to reseal it and I didn't want Mountain Air (or something like that) soaking our belongings.

Another lighting hint, if you have kids that will be out later than you, leave the verandah light on with the curtains mostly pulled and they will be able to navigate to their bed area without much difficulty. The light switch is on the wall to the left as you are facing the door. The cabin lights were all too bright to leave on while trying to sleep, imo.