PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone's DH wear a prince costume?

CinderelliT
02-09-2009, 11:05 PM
We have this whole Cinderella theme going on for our VR and my DH wants to get a really good quality Prince Charming costume. He also wants to put our DS in a smaller verson of it. I love this idea!! :lovestruc But I am worried it will look a bit cheesy and over the top. Has anyone else done this???

BecBennett
02-10-2009, 12:37 AM
I know someone here has done it, coz I've seen photos... They went with a really medieval theme, from what I remember... Sorry, I can't remember who it was...

Tink&PirateMama
02-10-2009, 07:12 AM
I think it will be tricky to pull off, but i bet it could be done, especially if that's what he really wants (hey, we get to be princesses, why not let the guys be a prince charming if they want!!). I would suggest looking at movies and online, and getting ideas of what you and he both like, and having one made for him. I did find this cinderella costume recently and my mother told me there are prince deluxe ones too...http://www.costumecraze.com/PNCS55.html?c=cj,PNCS55?c=cj

But I think if you could find the right outfit it would be really fun and also very attractive! I think with the wrong costume... well, not so much!

On a side note, we are having our kids dress up for our VR (wedding fairy, and knight in shining armor), and definitely doing a fairytale theme, but my husband is probably wearing a modern kilt set (the first page of my PJ has pics if you want to see, my dress is on there too). I'm working on finding a costume for my son that will still be somewhat elegant for the event. My daughter will likely just add wings to a flower girl dress, so that will be easier.

I'm currently debating what the knight in shining armor (aka ring bearer) should hold to carry the rings. Glass slipper? Something fairytale like? You might be able to also do a more prince like tux (like the tailcoat I think they are called?) and accessorize more fairytale items to keep your theme, if you don't find a prince outfit you really like.

Goodluck!!

tiggersam00
02-10-2009, 08:13 AM
Scarlet-la-belle is doing that for her DF Pete! Her PJ is up with all her ideas, you should check it out, she is very nice if you have any questions I am sure she would help you out :) HTH

Tink_Kel
02-10-2009, 08:37 AM
Scarlet-la-belle is doing that for her DF Pete! Her PJ is up with all her ideas, you should check it out, she is very nice if you have any questions I am sure she would help you out :) HTH

I was going to mention the same thing!! Not so much "Prince Charming" ready for a ball...more Prince Charming ready to sleigh dragons!! I think her DF is going to look awesome in it!!

tiggersam00
02-10-2009, 08:46 AM
Tink_Kel I was going to mention the same thing!! Not so much "Prince Charming" ready for a ball...more Prince Charming ready to sleigh dragons!! I think her DF is going to look awesome in it!!

For sure, they are going to look like such a glamorous couple! If I was ever trapped by a dragon I would want the guy saving me to wear his costume!:laughing:

adisneygal
02-10-2009, 09:28 AM
My BFF's sis is having an roaring 20's theme and everyone is to dress in that theme. My only thoughts are, is this something you will be happy you did a few years down the road? If so, then go for it. :goodvibes

ColeV
02-10-2009, 03:25 PM
I live in Williamsburg, so we get a lot of couples who marry in 18th century style, which is about when Cinderella was placed. If it's planned ahead it can look gorgeous! I'd recommend having a seamstress make it for you so you can choose a fabric that doesn't look plastic and cheap (like most pre-made stuff). If you keep it a little historical it won't look cheesy. But I am a bit biased towards non-traditional wedding garb; we're doing a 1930s style and I'm building my fiance a cut-away coat and top hat.

scarlet-la-belle
02-11-2009, 02:45 AM

AAWWW :cutie: your such a sweetheart you made me smile when i read that!

I was going to mention the same thing!! Not so much "Prince Charming" ready for a ball...more Prince Charming ready to sleigh dragons!! I think her DF is going to look awesome in it!!

HAHA! Pete will love you for saying that! He's really into his hero's saving the day. My heart goes all fluttery when i think of how he'll look :cloud9:

For sure, they are going to look like such a glamorous couple! If I was ever trapped by a dragon I would want the guy saving me to wear his costume!:laughing:

Sam you are just far too cute :hug:

And for CinderelliT to get Pete he's suit he had a really clear picture of how he wanted it. So he had to go to a few tailors in our area but he found one that would had make the suit for him (as it's not something they would sell everyday).
So i think that would be the best thing for you to do as well have the suit hand made just for your DH. That way he will look more like a real life prince rather than him just wearing a costume!
Hope that helps! :goodvibes

CinderelliT
02-11-2009, 11:47 PM
Thanks for the ideas. :thumbsup2 We are going to have to go try on a ton of stuff before we make a decision!! I love Scarlet's PJ - she has great style and ideas!