Strawberry Mousse with Fresh Strawberries
Raspberry Mousse with Fresh Raspberries

Keira1387
02-09-2009, 07:56 PM
Milk Chocolate Mousse

lurkyloo
02-09-2009, 08:04 PM
Peanut Butter Mousse

Peanut Butter Cup Mousse (milk chocolate and peanut butter mousses layered)

jenna77
02-09-2009, 08:47 PM
Peanut Butter Mousse

Peanut Butter Cup Mousse (milk chocolate and peanut butter mousses layered)

I cannot wait to try this combination at my planning session!

Carrie, have you had the peanut butter and chocolate cake slices from the Boardwalk bakery? If yes, was your cake filling similar?

lurkyloo
02-09-2009, 09:07 PM
WHAT?!!! The BoardWalk Bakery sells peanut butter-chocolate cake slices?! Why didn't someone tell me this before our anniversary trip?!! :rotfl:

I'm sad to say I cannot compare the two for you.... ;)

jenna77
02-09-2009, 09:25 PM
WHAT?!!! The BoardWalk Bakery sells peanut butter-chocolate cake slices?! Why didn't someone tell me this before our anniversary trip?!! :rotfl:

I'm sad to say I cannot compare the two for you.... ;)

Now you have a reason to go back to WDW! :cool1:

The filling in the cake is delicious. There's two layers of chocolate cake with peanut butter filling in between, and the top has a thick layer of peanut butter and then a thick layer of chocolate. I am not crazy about chocolate cake, but the top layer was amazing! DS and I were fighting over it!

polynesianbride
02-10-2009, 12:45 AM
Has anyone had the passionfruit mousse with fresh raspberries:confused: ? I'm an escape bride so won't have a tasting:sad1: We are having a tropical theme so thought it would be perfect but I don't want it if it's not DELICIOUS! What type of cake do you think it would go best with? Thanks!

tiggersam00
02-10-2009, 07:54 AM
that sounds yummy! I bet it would tast really nice and fresh! Perfect for your tropical wedding at WDW :)

Ummm I am going to the baordwlak bakery asap when I get there is March for a slice of peanut butter cup cake! I'll be the crazy girl running to the bakery!:laughing:

malibustacey
02-10-2009, 08:02 AM
I'll beat ya to it Sam- i did not know you could actually buy cakes from the Boardwalk bakery- i thought they only made the wedding cakes. OOMMMFLIPPPPINGGOOOD. I am so going there!

Ameretto cake here i come ...!!

White chocolate here i come...!!

All cakes - beware - Stacey is coming to get you... and then Sam will get you toooo!! And we will eat you all up!

jenna77
02-10-2009, 09:05 AM
The Boardwalk bakery offers a few cake slice options (PB chocolate, carrot cake, I can't remember what else right now). You can special order cakes in advance, but they are reluctant to offer you anything besides vanilla and chocolate. For our anniversary trip last year (we were planning an Escape wedding) I wanted to order an amaretto and almond cake to try, so I called the Boardwalk bakery and they said they could make it, then I called the cake order number and they had to call the bakery to confirm I could get the almond/amaretto. I was rather disappointed in it. It was good, but way too sweet and almond-y for me.

Lynn5700
02-10-2009, 09:13 AM
Also the boardwalk will make a chocolate chip cake for you lol! That was what we had and it was delicious!!! I just called them last week to order our anniversary cake and the woman I spoke with said she remembered our cake lol because we were the only ones who have ever had it LOL! I can't wait to eat it again!

S <3 M
02-16-2010, 01:55 AM
has anyone tried the orange cake flavor? or the orange cream? I am thinking of doing orange cake with chocolate cream...:rotfl:

disneybex
02-16-2010, 02:56 AM
has anyone tried the orange cake flavor? or the orange cream? I am thinking of doing orange cake with chocolate cream...:rotfl:

Wow, I hadn't thought of that combo, is sounds delicious!

disneybex
02-16-2010, 02:59 AM
For those who had lemon cake, what filling did you choose to compliment it?

twenty3curls
02-16-2010, 09:06 AM
For those who had lemon cake, what filling did you choose to compliment it?

I'm not having a lemon cake at my wedding because DF doesn't really like it, but in general lemon cake is my favorite so I make it all the time.

I usually make a vanilla buttercream to go with it because I think it balances out the strength of the lemon flavor so it's not too overpowering. I've also used a raspberry mousse before because I think raspberries and lemons compliment each other nicely. However, in the case of raspberry mousse, I only use it as an accent flavor. I will do a raspberry filling with buttercream outer.

Hope that helps a bit! :goodvibes

lurkyloo
02-16-2010, 11:41 AM
I cannot wait to try this combination at my planning session!

Carrie, have you had the peanut butter and chocolate cake slices from the Boardwalk bakery? If yes, was your cake filling similar?

Now that I actually can compare the two, I thought I'd update this to say that the peanut butter chocolate cake slices at the BoardWalk Bakery are much tastier than the peanut butter-chocolate mousse in the wedding cakes. :teeth: