PDA

View Full Version : 2 + years later... WHERE is the band(s)!

john970
02-09-2009, 04:22 PM
Hi all,

I just posted a simialr thread to this, so sorry for another one, but I just searched the boards. I read how DCL USED to have reggae steel-drum bands by the pools.

We are taking our first Disney cruise, and one of many things we love about cruising is hanging out by the pool or on the beach, laying in the sun, listening to the LIVE caribbean band in the background. We can listen to out ipods at home! There is something special about the LIVE entertainment... after all, it is a vacation.

Does anyone have any updates on live music by the pool... why or why not the steel-drum bands are hone, and if there are any plans on bringing them back? This honestly seems like a huge cutback... if ALL the other lines have it, why doesn't Disney?

Thanks for the opinions!

Also... if there is NO house band for the shows... is that ALSO pre-recorded music... what is the point of a LIVE show then WITHOUT LIVE MUSIC - just seeing people walk and dance on stage?

stingmom
02-09-2009, 04:50 PM
sorry...as I posted in your other thread on this, there is no more live music on the Wonder. There is a great band that came from the Wonder and is now on the Magic (Soul Drive). What a LOSS for the Wonder to not have LIVE musical entertainment :sad1:

iloveokw
02-09-2009, 07:11 PM
Disney like every other business has had to make cuts to remain profitable. The parks have cut live entertainment and unfortuantely so has the cruiseline. The current economy will probably cause more changes, this is the world we are living in. Disney has a quality product they are striving to maintain. We still have had live bands on the Magic.

Tink rules
02-09-2009, 08:05 PM
Don't worry... they have lots of music... you won't have to hum the theme to Gilligans Island...even once... :rotfl:

Donald_Quackers
02-09-2009, 08:30 PM
There was a person playing a guitar and a singer out by Quiet Cove one day when we were in Nassau. I also saw them in the Promenade lounge.

They were called "Wave".

I wish I had pics.